AC RDGT4 Championship Round 2 - Spa - Sunday 13th March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Before my pitstop Rasmus was closing the gap behind but after we pitted it was again more than 10s with about 12minutes to go.
Did you go with 50/50 or 99/1 for the refuelling?
I did 50/50. The ginetta feels a lot better for me with less than 30L so I enjoy pushing and feeling good from Lap 1 a lot more than saving a few seconds in the pits.

Also explains why I could move through the field quite well :D

Last edited:
Did you went with 50/50 or 99/1 for the refuelling?
I did 50/50. The ginetta feels a lot better for me with less than 30L so I enjoy pushing and feeling good from Lap 1 a lot more than saving a few seconds in the pits.

Also explains why I could move through the field quite well :D
Hi Rasmus,

Yes I've noticed a big difference in car behaviour with the Ginetta regarding fuel capacity, more than with most cars. But I went for the 1 liter stop. Should try 50/50 next time because with low fuel I could match the lap times of Ernie better than in the first stint.

Though my personal favourite is the RSS GT pack:
Ferruccio 55 v12
Tornado v12
Vortex v10
Lanzo v12
Shadow v8
Ferruccio 57 v12

These are based on the early 2000's GT(1?) cars and a ton of fun to drive, they sound lovely and all have their own handling. It's honestly my favourite GT class in AC.
To all participants: Would you like to have an event with these cars that are recommended by Casper and supported by some other drivers? If so, please respond on this post with a 'love' .

Hi Rasmus,

Yes I've noticed a big difference in car behaviour with the Ginetta regarding fuel capacity, more than with most cars. But I went for the 1 liter stop. Should try 50/50 next time because with low fuel I could match the lap times of Ernie better than in the first stint.
Ah, makes sense then!
I didn't do a scientific "what's faster" sheet yet so I have no idea what's "better"..
But pushing like a mad man and ploughing through the grid is definitely more enjoyable :D
Although it does suck a little bit when you lose a position or 2 in the pits...

Btw guys, watching the replay I've found out that most of us didn't change our liveries... myself included :whistling:
Would be nice to have more variety for the next round!

-> Simracing.gp -> championships -> Ginetta GT4 -> Registration -> Click on the little skin-name -> CHANGE. Select your skin :)

Change_Skin.JPG

I did the mandatory stop early, hoping for a bit more action. Typically, pitting as late as possible for the 1L stop should be fastest, especially when leading the race. I highly doubt the 50/50 strategy is faster, but I haven't tested/calculated this. From doing a lot of endurance racing, I've always learned that you want to stand still as little as possible in racing and with the 50/50 strat with this car, you don't get new tires. Even worse, they'll be colder on the outlap than when you're doing the 1L stop.

Anyway, here's my fastest lap from the race, set on the final lap. I'll see if I can do one ahead of the next race, might be useful for some.

And as a bonus, my battle with Andre:

I did the mandatory stop early, hoping for a bit more action. Typically, pitting as late as possible for the 1L stop should be fastest, especially when leading the race. I highly doubt the 50/50 strategy is faster, but I haven't tested/calculated this. From doing a lot of endurance racing, I've always learned that you want to stand still as little as possible in racing and with the 50/50 strat with this car, you don't get new tires. Even worse, they'll be colder on the outlap than when you're doing the 1L stop.

Anyway, here's my fastest lap from the race, set on the final lap. I'll see if I can do one ahead of the next race, might be useful for some.

And as a bonus, my battle with Andre:
Epic battle Andre and Enzo!

Latest News

Back