AC RDEC Prologue Race @ Sebring - Sunday 12th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a blast with the LMP car. Didn't expect to have that race pace as I am still very unexperienced with the car and had stock setup except tyre pressure and gear. Beginning phase was great having a good race with Richard, Ernie and Laurent. Could follow Laurent and went to the pits about halfway through. Unfortunately after 40 minutes pushed kers button little bit too early coming out of the bend to the backstraight and wheel got off the kerb by just a fraction but that was enough to unsettle the car. Got off track and lost about 15 seconds which was a shame.
Tested a longer 7th gear short before the race and forgot to change it back but I think it wasn't that much of a disadvantage. As I messed up sunday qualy did some qualy laps after the race and could do a 1.43.4 (28 degrees road) so I am looking forward to the next races if I can further improve. Was using low aggressive whole race but I have still no idea if thats actually the fastest setting or not. Lapping was difficult as it's so hard to judge sometimes but thats a thing you only can learn with more multiclass races. Glad I didnt take anyone out.
Great racing all, thx Brian for organizing and congrats to all winners and podium.
cu next time

results:

Last edited:
But then a great race. Great racing Tomasz. I had to stay fully focused the whole time. Great fights! Congratulations Robert on the win! :thumbsup:

Great event, I'm already looking forward to the next one. :)
Hank 'Paceman' Belane!
Had a very nice start, where upon my surprise I overtook two or three cars in first two corners. Then Hank followed me for a few laps keeping me on my toes and managed to pass me with his better pace. That allowed me to follow him for an entire first stint and produced a nice gap behind me. I wasn't able to pass him until he decided to pit and gain a few seconds advantage by undercutting me.
Second stint more of the same - following Hank and not being fast enough to make a move into turns where I felt comfortable.
Overall I'm really pleased with that race - I managed to keep good enough pace for third, didn't take anyone completely out and wasn't too big of liability for lmps.

When is the teams meeting this season? I think that @Alfred Wayne is suspiciously fast and endangering everybody!
Toto_Wolff_Header__1_.png

It would be safer to leave him with 4-speed gearbox

Happy with the pole. I knew there was some more time in it and had a good lap.

At the start I saw everyone jump to softs. I was going for full tank mediums and just refuel a single liter. That certainly turned out to be a bad strategy. Luckily I could keep the cars on softs behind on pace but Edward would have rocket-ed away (as Enzo did). Good to know for the next race!

Clean race and most overtakes went well.

Thanks for organizing Brian!

Next race it's unlikely that I'll run the softs for 45 mins per stint though, they were already getting pretty bad for the last 4 laps of the 30 min stint.
That’s what I like about the longer races, the 1.5 hour and 2 hour Le Mans will give a whole new dimension to the strategies.
I used last night’s race as a test and went for the mediums with full fuel load. Now I’m not as fast or push the tyres as much as those ahead of me but the mediums were still ok after 45 minutes when I stopped for a splash and softs for the final 15. Softs will be quicker but decisions on whether to go for the two stop strategy plus traffic will add extra excitement to what is already good fun.:)
I want to echo what has been said above, a lot of very nice driving behaviour making passing more predictable. Well done all, congrats to podiums and thanks Brian for setting this up. Looking forward to the first race.:thumbsup:

A result to forget but learned alot!

The bad.
Got punted. Braking hard to not hit Colin, I stuck it into the inside wall of T1. Later in the stint punted Colin anyway. Stuck it into the outside wall on the final corner. Pitted then at half way.

Second stint went fine. Being lapped by Enzo/Laurent while trying to pass GTs in a 2 wide battle was uncomfortable!

Sorry again to Colin. Seen it stuck you awkwardly into the pit wall end :( I felt there was a clear gap to go around the outside, didn't think you had enough battery left for a boosted 4wd understeer corner exit out towards the wall.
It was like 2 completely different cars. Different setups/boost strategy.

Congrats to the 2 podiums, Enzo and Robert. Looking forward to Round 1 :)

I could drive that Corvette for hours. It's like a grown up mx5 that sounds angry all the time :D Had a good race on my end. Found some pace early and managed to keep it until the lmp1s made it around which gave me a slight buffer I think.

Really looking forward to the start of this championship. Last time I did any race over an hour was when I first started racing and I had no idea what I was doing :laugh:

Good racing everyone and thanks for putting this together Brian! See you all for the "real thing" in a few weeks!

I could drive that Corvette for hours. It's like a grown up mx5 that sounds angry all the time :D Had a good race on my end. Found some pace early and managed to keep it until the lmp1s made it around which gave me a slight buffer I think.

Really looking forward to the start of this championship. Last time I did any race over an hour was when I first started racing and I had no idea what I was doing :laugh:

Good racing everyone and thanks for putting this together Brian! See you all for the "real thing" in a few weeks!
Blah blah blah
What about that 4speed :roflmao:

Latest News

Back