AC RDEC Prologue Race @ Sebring - Sunday 12th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club Endurance Championship. The prologue to the championship is a good opportunity to shake down both your car and multiclass skills!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Sebring19.png

• Practice Server: #3 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: #3 Race Department - Netherlands
  • Additional Qualification events - See ACSM Server #3 Calendar
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

LMP1

GTE (Restrictor/Ballast)
  • Porsche 911 RSR (25%, 30kg) Liveries
  • Corvette C7R (15%, 20kg)
  • Ferrari 458 GT2 (0%, 10kg)
  • BMW M3 GT2 (0%, 0kg)

Event details:
  • Track: Sebring
  • Pit stop: Mandatory pit window between 10 and 50 minutes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, improving grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Sign up and car/livery selection is through ACSM. Send me a PM if you aren't yet registered with our new platform. See you on track!

30 Grid Slots

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• Video guide to multiclass racing - Click here
  • It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake cars in slower class. (Blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not) The slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. LMP1 should have, at a minimum, full overlap before the corner apex.
  • If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class, the normal blue flags gentleman's rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake, usually a slight lift at the start of a straight. Please be sensible.
  • Separate qualification runs will happen for LMP1 and GTE classes. First 10 minutes for LMP1, second 10 minutes for GTE. GTE cars must not exit the pit lane before 10 minutes have elapsed. LMP1 must not start a lap after 10 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • All other Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Discord is highly recommended for all club races. For multiclass it is particularly important.
  • Points/Penalties information - Click here

Last edited:
We're up and running. Race weekend itinerary can be seen here

As per Mugello, on Sunday evening each session(P,Q5 and R) will again occur on a seperate server. You will need to jump off and join for the Qualy and again for the race.

For the pre-race qualy please don't linger on the server as it will prevent it from ending and the race server starting.

Last edited:
21 drivers already, if I'm reading the acsm sign up right, nice. Looks like a good split in the field too. Looking forward to a few less blue flag then at mugello :laugh:

Last edited:
21 drivers already, if I'm reading the acsm sign up right, nice. Looks like a good split in the field too. Looking forward to a few less blue flag then at mugello :laugh:

I will add the remaining drivers tomorrow, so although it will look like 30 entrants it should be a bit quieter on track. Still, low 20's will feel busy around here!
Sebring has some tricky enough sections for traffic management. S1 especially.. Last time here we agreed GTs would stay right through Gurney bend, to try prevent a bigun!

Ugh, I'd had a perfect practice session getting into the rhythm, had an epic pre-qualifying laptime to back me up, which was only beaten by one car in final qualifying. Sat on the grid 2nd, got into the lead and held it well after lap 1. Then out of nowhere I hit the inside wall at turn 1 (something I have never done in any game ever), spun out and dropped to almost last of the prototypes. Worked my way past two cars pretty quickly, but then in two separate incidents, spun out after rear-ending another car into Turn 2. Sorry to both @JamKart22 @Interslice for being victim to that. Turns out that carrying speed through T1 and braking really late into T2 is where I found a lot of the laptime, hence why that was where I got close enough to come into contact. By that point my race was ruined and all that was going to happen was I caught up to the same people again and probably had the same crash, so I left to avoid ruining other people's races as mine was well and truly gone by that point.

That was a great race.

This was my first multiclass race with LMPs and GTEs. I didn't think it would go so smoothly. Thanks to the LMP drivers for the clean overtaking.

For some reason I was put on the starting grid for the LMPs. Maybe because I changed classes this afternoon? I then returned the positions. As far as I can remember I qualified fourth. It was a bit complicated to keep track of the server changes. Fourth right?

But then a great race. Great racing Tomasz. I had to stay fully focused the whole time. Great fights! Congratulations Robert on the win! :thumbsup:

Great event, I'm already looking forward to the next one. :)

Got p2 in qualifying thanks to finding a second at the end.

Managed a decent start and held on to Robert for a couple of laps but as he stretched away I made a big mistake and went grass tracking along most of the back straight and lost a chunk of time and places.

Pretty steady after that, apart from nervous moments when the lmps blasted past, need to adjust to their closing speed!

P4 in the end, not bad for my first GTE race and having only driven the Corvette for a few hours practice before tonight.

Well done to everyone, looking forward to the championship, and thanks Robert for the setup.

Went much better than I ever thought, put no effort into qualifying, been here before in mixed class. Nothing changed there. I don’t mind aiming for a gap as long as I feel the other driver is aware. But when faced with a car entering a corner or two together. I just have to be patient and wait till I am out of the corner.
I was not really aware how much time you lose following a GTE though a corner, I suppose it gave me an insight to why the LMP1 drivers just try and jiggle there way though. I just cannot live with punting someone off, so I just have to accept the loss.:)
So well done to everyone , especially the GTE drivers, who from my perspective drove impeccably , never giving me a moment of concern, I think I probably gave them more of a problem when I shot by.:roflmao::roflmao:
Like I said last week, we the lmp1 can make all sorts of diversions instantly, as long as we have a bit of speed on our side. Where the GTE class who are nearly always on the limit, often are in a very precarious situation, which I hope I made allowance for on every overtake.:unsure:

Latest News

Back