RD iRacing Oval Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 (RDINDY'12) | Intro & Info
iroadkopie.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to the the second running of the RaceDepartment Indy 500 in iRacing. Last season saw a huge turn-out of drivers that gathered to pick up the virtual bottle of milk. Lots of crashes painted the picture of the first half of the race; close fighting dominated the second half. This year we're looking to go bigger and better than last year, so go get that FREE RaceDepartment Licensed Membership and sign-up for this annual high-speed thrill!

2m608bm.png

OFFICIAL RESULTS
REPLAY - Complete
REPLAY - Part 1
REPLAY - Part 2
Event schedule
  • Date: Sunday 20 May 2012
  • Open practice: 15:00 GMT (80 minutes)
  • Qualification: 16:20 GMT, 1 lap, lone qualifyer (10 minutes)
  • Race: 16:30 GMT, 200 laps, 500 miles (270 minutes)
  • Car: Dallara IndyCar
  • Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Indy Oval
  • Server farm: NL-Ams
  • Starting type: standing
  • Fast tows: Unlimited
  • Cautions: full course cautions on
  • Restarts: single file
  • Racers/server: 33 (possibly extended to 55)
  • Hardcore level: Disable all driving aids (but clutch assist ok)
How to join?
  1. Apply for a free RaceDepartment Licensed Membership here
  2. Sign up for the RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 here
Important links

This is the list of drivers that requested a spot on the RDiLMS 2012 ST grid. Note that many are active drivers while others are on the waiting list. The size and composition of the grid may vary per event.

Chevrolet Silverado
  1. Yoeri Gijsen
  2. Joey Gattina
  3. Niel Hekkens
  4. Eckhart von Glan
  5. Rob Cuss
  6. Sidney Thomas
  7. Juen-Jen Wang
  8. Niklas Hjelm
  9. Philip Johansson
  10. Linus Brostrm
  11. Marcus Johansson
  12. Onno Naber
  13. Marc Heymann
  14. David Ross
  15. Eric Estes
  16. Chris Preston
  17. Morgan McColl
  18. Joel Wraith
  19. Trevor Forshaw
  20. Mark Hewitt
  21. Gerald Bowman-Brook
  22. Peter Kiermeier
  23. Nick Brown
  24. Carl Abrams II
  25. Silas Greiner
  26. Steve J Richardson
  27. ?
  28. ?
  29. ?
  30. ?
  31. ?
  32. ?
  33. ?
  34. ?
  35. ?
  36. ?
  37. ?
  38. ?
  39. ?
  40. ?
  41. ?
Regular driver (eligible to drive)
Waiting list

NOTE: Watch the event briefing for an up to date overview of what reserves from the waiting list are eligible to drive in the events.

View the current grid composition here

thx for hosting, did a dozen laps with full tank, tested the sets you guys shared, whow, they are ultra-loose, way too demanding for me. got one from the iRacing home forum that feels safer, really looking forward to Saturday night. oh yes, times: did a 30.7 on my second lap out, so tanks basically full but tires nice and fresh. that's the time you gotta beat to not end up last :)

thx for hosting, did a dozen laps with full tank, tested the sets you guys shared, whow, they are ultra-loose, way too demanding for me. got one from the iRacing home forum that feels safer, really looking forward to Saturday night. oh yes, times: did a 30.7 on my second lap out, so tanks basically full but tires nice and fresh. that's the time you gotta beat to not end up last :)
It's all about taking it easy into the corners. Steer a little and lift. Then let the car settle and as you approach the middle of the corner slowly start to work on the throttle again. Do it all gently and you'll be able to deal with loose setups and manage your tyres.

Generally you need the setups to be loose the first couple of laps. What matters most is how it feels after those laps as it gets tighter (more understeerded)? Do you still like it at lap 5, 10 and 15? Then you have a good setup.

Going green all the way can be abit boring, feels like cautions belongs to nascar racing.. but just hope it wont be like my homestead race the other day, didnt even get out of corner 2 untill lap 20..
Actually I found this track to be alright for cations when I raced on it in the C class races. There's an odd cation here and there, which is nice because it gives you a chance to pit, but the track is actually easy to go two wide on safely all the way around because of the amount of grip in the corners.

Also if I'm not mistaken there's only like 10-15 of us that have signed up so there isn't too many people there to cause a wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%