MSC focus high, ERS, pace up
BEL focus high, ERS, pace up
RIC focus high, ERS, pace up

no fighting between the BRT guys.

upload_2017-11-3_1-18-17.png

upload_2017-11-3_1-24-23.png

upload_2017-11-4_21-18-17.png

upload_2017-11-4_21-18-29.png

@kedy89 - What a comeback! How does it feel?
@TTupsi - What happened to Silvestro in the final lap? Why was she so slow?
@Aidan Keranen - What was Keranen Motorsport trying to do today? Also are you happy with podium with a worse setup rate than the all others?
@Slyfrequency - Briscoe's first race finish and a solid 6th is that. Are you satisfied?
@rubaru - Are you disappointed for the result after you gave a solid fight against Elysium whole race?
@Jimlaad43 - Both Heidfeld and Vettel blame Pirelli for the poor pace. Are they right?
@Azabadaza - Must be a huge disappointment to retire so early in a race Peterson and Silvestro suffered a fair share of problems. How will you bounce back?

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL - The next race, I will try a faster update routine like this:
2 laps (day 1) - 4 laps (day 2) - 4 laps (day 3) - 4 laps (day 4) - 4 laps (day 5) - 2 laps (day 6)

The MARKETPLACE is OPEN! It will remain open until the Tuesday night. Then the qualifying will begin.
The Qualifying ends on Thursday night as the race will begin. No further reminders will be given.
Happy spending and good luck all!

Nah, the chassis and lack of development allowed at the beginning of the season is the cause of the lack of pace.

@kedy89 - What a comeback! How does it feel?
Quite good, though to be honest after the technical issue on the car and the collision with de Silvestro soon after we never expected to be able to fight back. The gap was massive, and we were taking lots of risks already just trying to get back on the podium. Even with only 2 laps to go the gap was still huge. But we kept on pushing to the maximum, and somehow got ahead in the end.
Needless to say that things got quite heated on the pitwall during all of this :whistling:

TO ALL IMPORTANT MESSAGE - The next race, I will try a faster update routine like this:
2 laps (day 1) - 4 laps (day 2) - 4 laps (day 3) - 4 laps (day 4) - 4 laps (day 5) - 2 laps (day 6)
I see some problems with this :unsure:
  • Unexpected issues: depending on the pace you go you have to pit within 2 laps. If you suffer it in the 1st, and have no stop scheduled in the next 3, you're screwed. Even if you have a stop scheduled, you might have wanted to adjust it to full repairs, which would be possible otherwise, unless it was planned in the 2nd lap of the update
  • Collisions: pretty much the same as above, you might no longer have the chance to react in time
  • Weather: I tend to change my strategies on the fly depending on rain intensity, since the predictions only allow some rough planning. 4 laps could turn this in a lottery
  • SC: depending on when it comes out, you can change strategies with 2 lap updates. With 4 laps the only things it does is shrinking the gaps
Obviously it's the same for everyone, still I think these points should be taken into consideration.

I see some problems with this :unsure:
  • Unexpected issues: depending on the pace you go you have to pit within 2 laps. If you suffer it in the 1st, and have no stop scheduled in the next 3, you're screwed. Even if you have a stop scheduled, you might have wanted to adjust it to full repairs, which would be possible otherwise, unless it was planned in the 2nd lap of the update
  • Collisions: pretty much the same as above, you might no longer have the chance to react in time
  • Weather: I tend to change my strategies on the fly depending on rain intensity, since the predictions only allow some rough planning. 4 laps could turn this in a lottery
  • SC: depending on when it comes out, you can change strategies with 2 lap updates. With 4 laps the only things it does is shrinking the gaps
Obviously it's the same for everyone, still I think these points should be taken into consideration.

All of these are valid concerns. But seeing there is a growing lack of attention on the managers' side and the fact that there has not been new managers joined, I want to try new things. Making races faster might be a solution, yet I am still not sure. On regards to unexpected issues, I adjusted their probability laps to suit the new update scheme. But the other incidents might still happen as usual.

"4 laps could turn this in a lottery"

That might be exactly what we need here. Some more unpredictability. Again I emphasize that I just want to test this, not a permanent change if things go to bonkers. :thumbsup:

Actually the game can get a huge update which turn each race into a single update by me. But managers might be allowed such orders when devising their strategies:
"Lap if HP goes below X"
"Lap for X fuel if SC comes around X-Y laps"
"Lap for inters if wetness goes above %54 and it is still raining"
etc etc...

If it brings in new managers, then I'm all for it. It's far from being a healthy grid at the moment, especially considering that you can't really count the sister teams due to lack of competitiveness. Guess I winning all titles the last few seasons didn't help either to make it more interesting. But situational orders might be a good thing then.

Something I wanted to bring up regarding next season is engine development. Even with the partial reset, I can already see it turning into an engine upgrade battle once again. Imo something should be done to prevent that.

Maybe have the effectivity of upgrades (esp. speed) follow a log function, so that the higher your speed is, the less effective speed upgrades are. While player manufactured engines would probably have the advantage in the beginning, others could close up at some point, which is pretty much impossible right now.
Or don't allow customers to upgrade player manufactured engines, only the manufacturer himself being able to do it.
Or reduce the number of max customers.

It's not just Formula Manager though, every forum game lacks players atm :unsure:

Maybe have the effectivity of upgrades (esp. speed) follow a log function, so that the higher your speed is, the less effective speed upgrades are. While player manufactured engines would probably have the advantage in the beginning, others could close up at some point, which is pretty much impossible right now.

It's not just Formula Manager though, every forum game lacks players atm :unsure:

Exactly I was planning to implement a RPG experience/level system just like that. :thumbsup:

@Azabadaza - Must be a huge disappointment to retire so early in a race Peterson and Silvestro suffered a fair share of problems. How will you bounce back?
The plan for the future is to not fall asleep during the race.

In regards to those proposed changes, it could be good for the game, and make it a bit more interesting. I agree with the points that Tobi made, as it will cause a big change in planning and strategy for managers. As you said Omer, that could be good to change up and have a bit of unpredictability.
The situational orders in that case are necessary imo. They give a bit of a safety net for managers in the case of anything unexpected, such as is the case with the engineer who calls the car in a fills the car and fits hard tyres.

Happy to see Briscoe get his first well deserves race finish, but sad to see szisz out. Seems impossible for both our cars to cross the line but we will get there!

As for the changes, it seems best for the game. It will only take roughly a week for a race now. And in future seasons that could mean we have more races in a season too.

Buys:
Risky Research - 1000
Driver Testing - Briscoe - 800
Quali Upgrade - 500
Total = 2300

Last edited:
BRT - 4250cr
Engine test speed 500cr
Tyre test 400cr
Quali upgrade x2 1000cr
PET focus 400cr
PET wet track 400cr
MSC focus 400cr
MSC overtaking 400cr
750cr left

Silver Soul - 2920cr

Engine test 500cr
Tyre test 400cr
BEL concentration 400cr
BEL wet track 400cr
RIC speed x2 800cr
420cr left

@rubaru - Are you disappointed for the result after you gave a solid fight against Elysium whole race?
Disappointed? We had two cars in the points with a half-lap to go, and Nico bins it. I saw Alonso was having a lot of trouble in these conditions and, honestly, thought we could overtake him before the finish. Pushing as hard as we did, I thought we had the car and the drivers to handle it. The team certainly be revising wet-race strategies after this one.
Elysium lost a car in the race as well, so we only lost 3 points to them. Reed, as well, a bit of luck to pull away further from them.

Marketplace
Budget (2150)
Rosberg Driver Testing (-800)
Clark Driver Testing (-800)
+1 Chassis (-500)
Bank 50

@Aidan Keranen - What was Keranen Motorsport trying to do today?
What do you mean? The conditions were.. dangerous... :x3:

@Aidan Keranen - Also are you happy with podium with a worse setup rate than the all others?
Yeah can't really complain, we had some signs of speed but we'll see what happens in the next few races.

2KF1
Engine upgrade - speed (500)
change tyre manufacturer - Bridgestone (500)
Driver testing - Hakkinen (800)
Driver speed - Hakkinen (400)
Driver overtaking - Hakkinen (400)

KM
engine upgrade
Button speed x2
Loeb speed x2
Button driver testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back