RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Once again there was Great Racing tonite... loved the whole experience, i enjoyed good pace throughout practise but could not convert to race pace.... Sorry to Oliver Wickens for the chopping maneuver i had on him after i got loose in a fast left hander... hope all is still good m8 and that it did not comprimise ur race m8... :( Look forward to the next one...

Well, some drivers here need to get a grip. Racing on RD isn't a matter of life and death. The amount of bumping and barging on the first laps in both races were silly.

But once two people who know who they are left, the event was okay and in the second race, I was having fun racing Erik Tveit and Erling Bøhmer. Even Nigel Atkins shows up un-announced on the last lap to suprise me. I got door to door with Erling at one point, and not once were any of use taken off. Through the snaking downhill section right at the end of the lap, I was side by side with Nigel and we still didn't really touch each other. Now that is how to race.

How not to race is stuff like rolling someone at turn two, or just hitting someone off and not waiting. And unfortuatly I saw a fair bit of that.

Sometimes I think some drivers didn't read any of the RD rules when they applied for a license. Then there are others who I think need to prove that they can follow rules and can show to admins that they can race fairly.

Hope to see you all the good racers next time.

Absolutely disgusted with the driving in this race, I don't expect to be taken off the track after passing you legitimately. The 4 drivers involved know who they are, and I'm certain 2 were deliberate attacks. I don't know why I sign up to RACE events anymore, I really am puzzeled as to why RD lets these people on the servers

Sometimes I think some drivers didn't read any of the RD rules when they applied for a license. Then there are others who I think need to prove that they can follow rules and can show to admins that they can race fairly.

.... well... so is the rule about behaving and not using abusive language and being polite. :rolleyes:

I asked a simple question about starting procedure, since i have not attended a RaceOn race in a long time, and got a not so polite answer that i should read the forum.... (well its not even stated on the forum is it...)
Anyway some other racers told me so i was prepared and dident mess up the start for myself or for someone else.

First time in these cars but luckily had tested the track before.
I tested the Alfa first but couldn't cope with the front wheel drive, so i switched to the BMW.

Qualified in 14'th spot and got 12'th in both races.
It was a bit more door banging and bumps going on there than I'm used to, but all in all it was fun racing with great battles going on, so great racing all.

Grats podium guys... impressive stuff.

Thanks for organizing Yves.

Very entertaining races. Qualed 5th, but missed at the start. Got a hit from behind, so I did not drop further than 6th. Climbed to 3rd thanks to others going off. Was trailing Nigel for lap after lap, and about halfway through the race I got a chance on the inside of T1 and 2. But I could not make the move stick, and followed Nigel in to a nice 3rd.

Missed again in the start of race 2, and when braking for T1 the car went straight left and I was at the rear. Made ground quickly, and after a coulpe of laps I was back up to 6th. Was following Georgios for a coule of laps, but dropped down when Robert got past both me and Georgios. When Georgios missed at the final corner I could go past him up to 4th. But Chris was on my tail, and after a few laps he got past me. Tried to stay on his rear, but I never could get past him again, and ended the race in 5th.

All in all a funny event, cool cars to drive. They do not like to brake, and absolutely not turn. And with that power they are a real handfull to drive, and I love every second of it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 153 16.1%
  • Socks

Votes: 509 53.5%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 42 4.4%
  • Shoes

Votes: 129 13.6%