RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Excellent event, I really enjoyed this track (1st time here).
It never ceases to amaze me how much faster some of you guys can go - I think over 5 secs/lap today.....
I always drive a pretty much default set-up (apart from the gearing) - only because I'm hopeless at setting up (and yes, I have studied all the available guides, believe me) but I always seem to end up with an even slower car!
I actually think that the fast guys are probably just much more skillful and consistent than me.
Anyway, many thanks to Ivo and RD - these events make Sundays worth getting up early for.

Q: 8th ( i'm getting the drift here :) )
Race 1:
Good start, made some minor mistakes and after 6 laps i was 9th orso.
Then i was chased by Philip A. he hit the brakes way to late and hit me in the rear. Cost me a suspention prob.... I dot mind gettting hit at some point, but i hate it we it happends and the causer of it escape the game right away.......
Finished 12th with some great battles in the end.
Race 2:
is was not the fasted on track but was lettery pushed of the track. Hit the wall and damage not repairable.

Still had fun :)

See you guys all next year for the sunday morning races again.

Weird event quali 2nd and started 5th and my car was on top of some 1 else, got behind kane and made a pass on lap 8 and he got by me again on lap 9 i think we both went over the line with under half a second spilting us, second race was worse it was very laggy and kanes car had no wheels on it and it looked like it was a foot above the track like a space car any how so sorry for the tap kane. Waited on kane and was 1 before the last position and managed to get 3rd. To much lag in that event and its to hard to race close with lag.

see you guys soon

I'm glad we switched out of ATCC so I could race!
R1: Fun, slow and trying to hold Roy off, it didn't work.
R2: Not fun, I didn't ruin Leonardo and Williams' race but I sure did change it for them. Sorry and appologies to both for coming up to T1 out of control. Pitted and waited to be lapped, cruised around to finish.

356790FM_flyer.jpg

Servername: RaceDepartment IFM
Class: International formula masters
Track: Shanghai click to download
Weather: Dry
Practice: 15 minutes (20:00GMT)
Qualification: 10 minutes (Super Pole)
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2x25 minutes
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

Interesting event.

Race 1 was just awful for me. The 07 BMW seems to just eat tires compared to the ATCC mod, and I was all over the place by lap 4. Simon just destroyed me because he was so consistant and I couldn't gain any ground on him. Finished 5th.

Race 2 was much better. I was making adjustments to the car like a mad man during the break, trying to do anythign to give life to the tires (lower cambers, higher tire pressures, etc). Was able to take p1 going into the first corner thanks to the RWD, and from then on it was all about super smooth driving and not worrying about laptimes. Then I saw Simon, Kane, and Reggie just going all out for second place, and I slowed even more, just to make sure I had enough tire left to fight off who won the battle. Something happened and both Reggie and Kane were gone, and it was me and Simon left with a chance to win. I knew Simon was driving the wheels off to catch me, so I would let him get to around 1.5 seconds down on me before I would use up my tires and extend the lead back to 2 seconds. I did this a few times and it was working well, as he couldn't cut into my 1.5 second lead. On the last two laps I decided to just use up all of my tires and I was pulling away, and then Simon went off in the last lap and I cruised to my first WTCC win. Very happy about that. Glad to see Kane and Reggie do well too, as they are my Bon Accord teammates.

Oh, and great racing Simon. We've had some nice battles over the past few days. Completely my fault for the contact in Race 1, I lost traction (TIRES!!!) and slid into you. lol you were too much of a gentlemen and waited for me (I'm assuming because you thought you were at fault, which you weren't.) Hopefully there will be more battles to come!

I'm sorry Linden I didn't realise I hit you. I didn't make the corner as I'd swerved to avoid you as I was braking later there. I saw you take to the gravel, but I thought it was because you couldn't turn in as I was sliding across the corner.

I shouldn't have entered the race as I knew I wasn't up for it, but I didn't want to let Ivo down as he wasn't happy about the number of no shows recently. I wont be signing up again for a while now.

No worries Dennis, it happens sometimes. I always do better chasing than leading anyway. :)
Race one - a bad start and an awful first lap, then I tried to calm down and do some driving, this started working for me and then I saw Dave go off on turn 4, then to my surprise I saw him come back on but perpendicular to the track. Smash, was all I could do and then a little suspension damage but it seemed to drive ok still. (no worries Dave I have done that same thing on that turn). By race end I had caught up to Ethan, and after driving a nice last lap I just inched by him out of the last turn coming across the finish line about a half car ahead. Fun race.
Race two - I got a better start but then Dennis lost control of his bimmer and pushed Leonardo into me, (thanks for waiting) once underway I had some catchup to do and the car seemed really loose. I had to settle down and concentrate to get any kind of decent lap and leonardo was having lag all over. He would disappear last turn and be gone the entire straight only to reappear right before turn 1. It was a little nerve racking as I kept driving through his stopped car but it never caused any problems. He pulled away and I moved up a few positions by the end. All in all another fun bit of racing.
Thanks everyone.

Sorry to hear about troubles with the server. Ran friday flawlessly so don;t understand what happened.

I'll check with Dave about his thoughts but this is odd to say the least.

I checked in about 8:55 and saw 11 guys in the server in Practice 2 and so assumed it was working fine.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back