RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Dude, thats a hell of a crash... Good idea btw, REVERSE :)

Great race big fun

Q 6th omg...
Race 9th

I have to appologies to Ronny and Jesper for the crash in lap 6 orso.
We where with the 3 of us in t1 and i lost just the rearend and touched Ronny who hit Jasper in his turn.
But Ronny i can congratulate you because i think you made best crash in months.... :) (8 flips)
(movie will follow)

Hope to see you guys all next time.

Maybe High Speed REVERSE is an option??? lol

GT-pro bmw.jpg
Servername: RaceDepartment.com BMW
Class: GT sport BMW M3 GTR
Track: High Speed Ring REVERSE (Download)
Weather: Dry
Practice: 20 minutes (start @ 20:00 GMT)
Qualification: 10 minutes (superpole)
Warm-up: 5 minutes
Race: 80 minutes
Pitstop: Free

Most important RD golden rules:

• Only sign up if you are sure you can participate.
  • Sign-ups can be refused by the race director.
  • No cutting in any sessions.
  • If you bump a driver, wait and give back his position
  • No chatting during Qualify or Race. Even sorry isn't needed. Do it after the qualify or race session.
  • No abusive language during any sessions.
  • Listen to the race director at all times.
  • If you feel harmed by an accident caused by a other driver, use the incident report. Send the Incident report to the race director through PM.
  • If you sign up for this race we expect you to be there before the qualify starts. If you are not present on the server, the racing staff will confirm the reserves.
  • Read and understand the RD rules! Click here
VERY IMPORTANT!!!

You have to confirm the golden rules if you sign up for this event. The sign up format is:

• Drivername: your name
  • I understand the Golden rules: YES
If the racing staff don't see this in your sign up request, you won't see your name in the sign up list!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organizer a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just glad that apart from the remark about my pace and mispronunciation of my surname (first attempt, rest were okay) in the same sentance early on, the broadcast was good, and great to watch back this morning. Only thing I could wish for, is more movement of the cameras, just so were not focused too much on the leaders. I remember Simon saying things about fights going on everywhere, but 90% of them were missed, but I think this is more of a limitation on Race's side than anything else. Though I think Daniel Wood would've rather had his run in with the pit entry not to be caught on camera. But I'm pretty glad that, even on a bad day I can be seen. Might not actually be a good thing for me, but at least next time, I should be easily recognisable next race, as I think I'm going to be the only one in a Alfa.

Great race big fun

Q 6th omg...
Race 9th

I have to appologies to Ronny and Jesper for the crash in lap 6 orso.
We where with the 3 of us in t1 and i lost just the rearend and touched Ronny who hit Jasper in his turn.
But Ronny i can congratulate you because i think you made best crash in months.... :) (8 flips)
(movie will follow)

Hope to see you guys all next time.

Maybe High Speed REVERSE is an option??? lol

Different Angle:

Okay boys, I'm all calmed down after last night's commotion. So here is me race report. :)

Qualifying: My car was really slow all throughout practice, and just with about 10 minutes to go before quali I was starting to find some pace. Still, I needed to work out the kinks in my race line. So when quali came about, I did the best I could and ran a solid lap. When I discovered it was good enough for 7th and only a few tenths of a podium spot, I was actually a little upset, as I knew I could have rung more pace out of the car. But 7th I was happy with.

Race 1: The start of this race was very awkward, as I wasn't sure when the front car was launching. Managed to do okay off the line and not lose my spot. I do think me and another car (I'm thinking Simon Gardner) made a little contact early, but nothing too severe. My strategy was to just coast along and wait until after the pit stop to make my move, so I was content with just staying behind Yuri who was in 4th. During the pitstop however, I stalled my car (something I had also done during STC a month back), this allowed Simon to pass me in the pits and open up a few seconds on me, moving me down to 6th. With the new MOD, the BMW is very nice after the pit, so I knew I had the car to go get him, and that's what I did, slowly taking time off him, especailly in the middle sector where the BMW flies. He made a mistake in the chicane, and I was able to time my manuever and get into 5th. Oddly enough though, my tires went off just after I made the move, so thank goodness I did it when I did it. lol

Race 2: This one was very cool. I knew I could smash the start with the BMW, and I timed it just right. The funny thing is that the car infront decided to move over to the left straight away, and that allowed my to not play with my throttle so much and just smash the gas. Passed all 3 cars in front of me and took p1 to start. Now, my driving wasn't so strong in this race, and the BMW struggles a little early on. CAB knew this and just attacked the hell out of me, never allowing me to get settled into my race line. He got past and then the others attacked me as well. Then I got spun. What happened is this: the car in front (p2) went sideways into the corner, and I had a car to my right, so I had to hit the brakes very hard so to not hit those guys. This caused me to go sideways as well. And when the BMW is in that sideways position, it is just so vulnerable, and the guy behind me just gave me a little tap and that was that. I'm more mad at myself about that one. Sure, he shouldn't have hit me, but if only I had been able to drive better at the start I would have been able to fight CAB, and I may have won it, considering that the BMW comes alive after the pit. Shame. But very fun event!

Now then, off to watch the race video, maybe I got some camera time!

Race 1: I had an average start and for the first couple of laps i made a few spots and then lost a couple. The car was strong and i had pace the those directly in front of me but like others i was experienceing some lag so i didnt push in case it ruined mine and someone elses race. fter a couple of laps i tucked in behinf me brother and started to push hard. i made ground and finally got passed him just after the pitting. Once i was passed i pushed harder and harder and was gaining quickly on the cars in front of me who were Nelson, Werner and Michael V (i think). Leonardo Tuma was on my tail as well and we were both gaining. on the 2nd last lap coming into the chicane i closed the gap to Eric and Stefan as they were figthing for the right to take the lead over the other through the chicane. I had to wash off more speed then i would normally have to avoi contact with them which allowed Leonardo to close right onto my tail. Approaching the last corner i got the car into position to get a good run along the start finish but as i applied the throttle the car twitched towards the apex and i drove like a complete n00b into the pitlane barrier (Which can be seen in the braodcast video) and this was the end of my race. From 21st to 12th and then out all in one race.

Race 2: Starting in 2nd last position (though i was last since Chris Sykes was sleeping in the pits) i got a reasonable start again. cars moved out of my way and so beofre the first turn i had made about 5 spots. Over the course of the first two laps i found myself up in 12th position again with a stronger race car then i had in race one. No strange carner twitches at this stage which was good. I again closed the gap over the next few laps to my race one opposition of Eric Nelson, Stefan Werner but this time i had Eduardo on my tail pushing me hard. I pitted early this race to keep tyre wear a little mroe even to try and avoid the car twitching into the corners later in the race. ag ain a few laps from the end i was in 9th or 10th and running well. I got a clean run out of the chicane heading down into the last corner. I though to myself this is about when in the first race you had a close encounter with the pit wall and lost.. so concentrate and dont do it again i thought. Well i must have concentrated to hard on the pitwall because i hit it again. This time though i only lost my fron aero. I limped home to fnish in 15th with a damaged car and an engine that gave away about 12kmph down the straights. I was glad to have at least finished one race.

So overall a mixed bag for me. A good race car, but poor concentration ruined the day. i watched the broadcast and found it very funny to have my race 1 assault on the pitwall immortalised and am releived that the race 2 one was missed. Top job Ryan and Simon on the commentary. Congrats to Keith on his wins.

i apologise for all the typos i have stuffed my neck and have a major headache so i couldnt be bothered going back and fixing them up. :-D see you all next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back