PC2 Project CARS 2 Demo

In the old days it used to be that if you tried a demo they told you that many features will be missing and it doesn't represent the finished game. Now we might have a demo that plays better than the finished game? :D

Only joking fanboys...........don't get upset.
BmsLG4t.png
Not being quite the whipper snapper I used to be I remember those olde days. Though you could still say that the demo is not representative of the final game ;)
Good question. I too wanted to try the superior demo but can't for the same reason. Boo Hoo SMS.:thumbsdown:
You can set up a 2nd account on Steam and download the demo to that account, a bit of a faff to be sure but it's a workaround.

Sadly it does not nwork on my machine

Which I might add is only 6 months old, decent spec and runs AC and other games fine.

The game loads, and everything is there, but I get a green, flashing tint over everything

So pretty unplayable sadly. Or thankfully, depending on how you think

I have the exact same issue with the green flickering. For me not playing in full screen fixes it. Pretty crappy but it works.

It also took way too much work to get my Fanatec pedals to work properly. Had to only have them plugged in, assign throttle, brake and clutch and calibrate. After that I had to restart the demo with my wheel plugged in and then I could set it up properly.

Once I got it all working I was pretty pleased with it other than the stupidly slow AI and I couldn't find a setting to increase the difficulty.

I got it work in windowed mode.

And sorry it's an arcade game. Steering felt awful, even after messing. Graphics were pretty, yet slow and fairly ploddy. Cars all felt like they were on rails until you hit a limit then you spin. Formula car felt fine, but the Ferrari and the Lambo felt wooly, meant for sticks not wheels.

Would never purchase this and please those of you who think this is amazing, please don't try and tell sim racers it is, because the difference between the first half hour of this and the first half hour of AC or Iracing is night and day.

And if you think they are the same in ANY way other than you drive cars in a virtual world, you are wrong.

Cars all felt like they were on rails until you hit a limit then you spin.

Yes, that's my initial impression of the released game so far, too. There's a brief hint of slide, but then it lets go (usually understeer with the default setups unless you make an abrupt weight transfer). When it lets go, you don't feel the bite coming back. I'm hoping some FFB tweaking will extend/enhance the slidey feel.

And if you think they are the same in ANY way other than you drive cars in a virtual world, you are wrong.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I do wonder if having to run in the Borderless Window mode is causing some issues.

However, I will say that I do this for real:

http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/hosting/Honda/2016_10_HMRC/IMG_6541.jpg

http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/hosting/Jaguar/2017-11-04_NASA-587-532-ZF-9644-77733-1-001.jpg

and I don't share your opinion. No sim gets it right today, but to say PC2 gets nothing right is a bit short-sided.

I gave it enough time to realise I would have to spend hours tweaking stuff to make it feel better. Some might want to do that and feel that is fair enough, I do not I am afraid. Even RRE felt right the first time I plugged it up and tried it, with hardly any tweaks.

And in the other games quoted it felt right instantly, after some very minor tweaks.

It's really that simple. I know this is not a popular opinion, but that is the fact from a customer who might have given it a chance given it feeling better

Sounds like you are referring to FFB there more than physics.

Every title out there will have their own/different take of what FFB should be... The feeling will also differ based on their tire, suspension, chassis, aero etc models. PC2 tends to favor more straight steering rack force which removes some of the traditional knocks and tweaks people have enjoyed over the years.

Fun story, I remember when iRacing first came out (I was part of the last beta testing). I had done a "review" for a sim racing group I was racing with at the time. I had said the FFB was "fair to terrible". A lot of people love iRacing and it's FFB.

Each people will have their own likes and dislikes as it's all personal preference. No harm in that. However claiming it's not close to reality begs some data to backup the claim.

I am a customer not a data analyst.

In RRE, AC, Iracing, even RF2. I got into the game and within a few mintes felt at hom, the driving experience felt relatively real and the feedback and feel offered felt like other games.

This feels lifeless, dulled I am afraid.

I am sure you can tweak it, I just cant be arsed!

Latest News

Back