PC2 Project CARS 2 Demo

• Deleted member 99238

This late release of the demo version shows that PC2 loses for the time being FM7 and GTS in terms of sales and the number of players. Especially this concerns consoles. It's just a missed time and opportunity.

From what I've read elsewhere, this demo features improvements that will be in the upcoming patch, and the initial feedback has been positive. Not tested it myself yet.

In the old days it used to be that if you tried a demo they told you that many features will be missing and it doesn't represent the finished game. Now we might have a demo that plays better than the finished game? :D

I might download the demo if it's better than the game and just hot lap in that. And delete the full game.:speechless:;)

Edit: I just read on the SMS forums that people are saying the demo is very much better than the full game. So Demo will be downloaded tonight. Who needs full games when the the demo's are better.:p

Only joking fanboys...........don't get upset.
BmsLG4t.png

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 99238

So we now have DLC and even the Demo released after the release of the game itself, but there is still no full game. This has not yet been in the gaming industry. The next step should be Demo and DLC to PC1 and NFS Shift.

Great idea to offer a demo, I wish more companies would do it.

At least gives the user a chance to see if their various gear can work with the game and if their machine can run it.

Fair play to them for this, a solid idea.

Great idea to offer a demo, I wish more companies would do it.

At least gives the user a chance to see if their various gear can work with the game and if their machine can run it.

Fair play to them for this, a solid idea.

You get 2 hours to test a game purchased on steam anyway. So actually no need for demo's in that respect. But obviously if someone was to download the demo now and think "wow this is great" and then buys the full game and comes back down to Earth with a bang when they realise the full game is worse. Then they refund quickly. ;):cool:

• Deleted member 99238

You do not think it strange that people who already have a game want to try her demo version? :D

• Deleted member 99238

I'm sorry for people who pre-ordered the game or bought a Deluxe version. So to humiliate their customers could only SMS and especially the gamers on the PC version. Today it is the most unfortunate gamers. The funny thing is that SMS is proud of this as its very successful achievement. :D

Just a note... SMS have made some comments in this space. The demo is a slightly later build than the current retail release, however it will be MANY builds behind when the upcoming patch is out.

So in short, yes some of the next patch improvements are in the demo. However, it's apparently less than a 1/4 of what's in the patch. In short, the demo won't be better than the retail release for long.

• Deleted member 99238

Just a note... SMS have made some comments in this space...
Unfortunately, this SMS is not a company that is worth listening to or believing on their word.
And this is not my opinion, it's proven in practice.
It's just blah blah blah ....

Sadly it does not nwork on my machine

Which I might add is only 6 months old, decent spec and runs AC and other games fine.

The game loads, and everything is there, but I get a green, flashing tint over everything

So pretty unplayable sadly. Or thankfully, depending on how you think

Latest News

Back