Podium DD's VS Simucube 2's

Hi guys, the past while I was trying to find good comparisons between these two models of dd's. Has anyone tested both ? I understand that the software for these aren't complete yet but is there any clear winner here ? thanks.

If you saw how many Servo motors he has lying around in his house, you wouldn’t be so sarcastic.
You should Google “Project Bruteforce” and see who the author is.

You misunderstood me. Sorry. My goal is not to belittle what you say. I'm just surprised. It really surprised me that the SC2 has such a superior difference from the Fanatec DD1 device.

Upvote 0
You guys win.
Sold my OSW Kit this morning (for $300 to $350 more than I paid for it in parts ironically). Ordering SC2 Pro. Mulled over it for a few hours last night about going Sport vs Pro. In the end, Pro is like 80% of the Ultimate in specs, but like 60% of the price, but Sport is only 63% of the Pro in Slew Rate and Torque, but 80% of the price. Pro is just a better value.

I don't regret how I acted about it up to this point: I'm a skeptical consumer and you should be too. For those of you who don't have an iRacing subscription, what led me to decide I don't want to use Fanatec beyond their CSL product line: there's been a lot of posts on iRacing forum from people who are fed up with Fanatec for the following issues -
Wheel base randomly will not power on.
Submit RMA claim and get ghosted by support for weeks.
When they finally get a response, they're told to ship the wheel base at their own cost to Fanatec for a repair that could take weeks.
Fanatec is unwilling to send a replacement wheel base so owners don't miss out on their racing events.
As of now, there still isn't a consistent driver release schedule.
At the end of the day, I think CSL Elite is about the furthest I would trust Fanatec with my money. Anything beyond that and I'm terrified of taking my chances and ending up being the one out of ten who has to submit an RMA.

Cost wise, the reason I decided to sell my OSW, ironically is because of the quick release. SC2 includes the complete SQR, wheel side and base side. I was pricing a quick release and someone in my local area offered me $1200 for my OSW (SC2 here is around $1600 after imports/shipping). Doing the math, a good QR would've cost me too much to ignore the value of SC2 including SQR. SQR is actually one of the best values for quick releases. Their wheel side kits are cheaper than Q1R/Cube.

Boxing up my OSW tonight, although it does feel good to actually make money in the process of building it and knowing that I was able to drive it for a ton of hours before selling it (I put in like 25 hours a week driving it after building it, it really is an amazing kit). My SC2 Pro will be here September 15th, you won't see me here that often after that because I'll be on iR forums.

One thing I'd like to say finally: I wish people here would dial down the acid a lot. I decided not to go Premium with this forum because of the echo chamber of similar voices spitting out mean things to people. There's nothing wrong with people asking questions if they're not sure. $1500 is a lot of money to drop on Sim Racing hardware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've ordered Simucube 2 Pro few days ago from Augury with SRC wheel.
I'm concerned about short power supply cables for Simucube 2.

I know this is recommended solution to extend them:

But I'd have to wait for shipping from China etc.

So would this be also OK:

? It's only 40cm, but I'm more concerned about quality and reliability with SC2.

Also if one cable extension wouldn't be enough - can two extensions be used?

BTW: I'm thinking about using something to protect power supply cables like in @RCHeliguy picture:

cables.jpg

where I can get these?

Upvote 0

? It's only 40cm, but I'm more concerned about quality and reliability with SC2.

BTW: I'm thinking about using something to protect power supply cables like

I’m sure he can answer about the cable shielding but for your first question, yes that cable will work. Really any 6-pin GPU PSU cable extension will work.
I recommend going with one which quality you trust. I don’t skimp on PSU cables.
Personally I’ll be ordering something like this:
If you have a 3D printer you can also print a PSU holder that uses M8 size bolts and mount your PSU directly to your aluminum profile.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Cost wise, the reason I decided to sell my OSW, ironically is because of the quick release. SC2 includes the complete SQR, wheel side and base side. I was pricing a quick release and someone in my local area offered me $1200 for my OSW (SC2 here is around $1600 after imports/shipping). Doing the math, a good QR would've cost me too much to ignore the value of SC2 including SQR. SQR is actually one of the best values for quick releases. Their wheel side kits are cheaper than Q1R/Cube.
It's included into kit and functional, but not the best designed piece of hardware.
Buchfink Q1R with Ascher adapter or HRS Xero-Play are much better options.
But with one wheel and no extensions stock one should be all right.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

BTW: I'm thinking about using something to protect power supply cables like in @RCHeliguy picture:

View attachment 405069

where I can get these?
Must be one of those
https://www.amazon.com/Entry-Cable-Braided-Sleeving-Fastener/dp/B00RM11RTI
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cable-Wrap-Fastener-Diameter/dp/B0725BW298

I use the same, very nice for cable management in general, not only for power extensions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Must be one of those
https://www.amazon.com/Entry-Cable-Braided-Sleeving-Fastener/dp/B00RM11RTI
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cable-Wrap-Fastener-Diameter/dp/B0725BW298

I use the same, very nice for cable management in general, not only for power extensions.
Thanks, but I think edit: the first one may have too small diameter:
Electriduct 1/2" Side Entry Cable Wrap Braided Sleeving with Hook & Loop Fastener - 10 Feet (Black)

I see there are larger options. What would be enough diameter to fit for the two cables?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I’m sure he can answer about the cable shielding but for your first question, yes that cable will work. Really any 6-pin GPU PSU cable extension will work.
I recommend going with one which quality you trust. I don’t skimp on PSU cables.
Personally I’ll be ordering something like this:
If you have a 3D printer you can also print a PSU holder that uses M8 size bolts and mount your PSU directly to your aluminum profile.
Thanks. I ended up buying the recommended one from eBay. Well I don't have 3D printer:) But if really needed I'll try to find easier solution(more primitive )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

That ebay item is what was recommended by GD folks, perhaps you can find better quality (fancier) ones but this is the longest I've seen.
Works well here, haven't heard of anyone complaining about one either.

Upvote 0

View attachment 405069

where I can get these?

i've ordered These; https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07GPCMW33/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
don't know if they are aviable in your Region. But just take a look on Amazon. Pricing should be about the same.

Upvote 0

View attachment 405069

where I can get these?

I have mounted the power supplies to the rig like this, so I did not need any extension, if that would be option for you as well:

1599859879787.png

I have 3D printed the mounts, but you could probably find some other way how to attach them without custom printed parts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The really basic way to mount them would be to use the standard cable tidies which twist in to the extrusion slot - and then some cable ties - the power supplies have plenty of ribbing to make this work.

You’d put the cable ties around the back of the extrusion to where you want the power bricks.

(I haven’t decided where to mount mine yet)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Back