Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

The last "full" race we did was alot of fun. I think having to pace yourself, run the full distance, and pit twice or more makes a HUGE difference compared to running the 1/2 or 1/4 races in iRacing at the moment. Besides it's F1, there is nothing better... lol...

The last "full" race we did was alot of fun. I think having to pace yourself, run the full distance, and pit twice or more makes a HUGE difference compared to running the 1/2 or 1/4 races in iRacing at the moment. Besides it's F1, there is nothing better... lol...

I have some RD league experience last year so full 60 lap race it's not a big deal also I'm a big endurance fan so np.

I might have a go at his if I’m up to speed and there is room. However, can someone answer a couple of noob questions please.
What does Unlimited Fast Tows mean?
Is qualy a turn based thing or does everyone do it at the same time?
Will 60 laps require a pit stop?
What sort of lap times should be competitive?
I don’t have this car yet so have no idea what to expect.
Thanks in advance

1) Fast tows means you can get your car repaired as often as you like, although I am not sure if a big 'off' can be repaired.
2) We all qualify at the same time but the track is clear and you won't see any other cars out there
3) Yes probably 2 pit stops will be needed
4) I expect the fastest to be running 1.20's/1.21's in race trim with the mortals running closer to 1.24's
5) Its a great car to drive, very easy to drive to 95% of its capability but getting that final 5% of speed is the killer.

Yes we have it set to if you crash hard you can reset "fast tow" to keep the fun factor there and not be done with the race. 60 laps at Silverstone is a long long race for most people. I know that I could not pull a time of 1.20 the last time I ran here. I expect the times to be around 1.24 to 1.30 for the main pack.

David is correct 110% about the car. Up to 95% it's a pretty easy car to drive, but getting that last 5% can be a nightmare. When this car starts to go if you don't catch it within that very split second you most likely are not going to... hehe

60 laps at Silverstone is a long long race for most people.

Too right there Joe. Some folks barely get past Turn 1, lol.

That has been the only downside of the Star Mazda series, in that just about all the races I have attended this season (just missed Spa so far) there has been some almighty comings together on the 1st lap in either Turns 1, 2 or 3. I guess at times some folks are just a little too over keen to make up a few places, even though there are a whole bunch of laps still to run.

The old adage.... "You can't win a race at Turn 1 but you can lose a race at Turn 1" certainly rings true.

Just did a little bit more practising...1.24.198...so it looks very promising...can't share my setup as it comes from a regular iRac racer named Mirka Lindström (Mirka's current best lap is something like 1.21 and it's offical so about 2-3 seconds still possible to cut with this setup).

Jesse Nieminen please share your setup, thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back