AC N-GT @ Road America - Sunday 4th August 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
How about joining this race on sunday? ;)

A few more participants would be nice...
I planned to join these races as I like the cars. But somehow I haven't touched my simrig in over three weeks now.. Wasn't planned, just summer and busy and also too hot at times. And this Sunday I'm going to a festival... After all this time away from the rig there will be a point when I want to race a lot, I hope !

Last edited:
50 laps... :confused:

I hope you practiced offline and didn't rush out your lap time after three laps Reik ;)

During these 50 laps I experienced the miracle of changing brake bias while driving. It worked wonders. Try this Ernie: bias up before turns 1 and 2, then back down. It helped me a lot.

Last edited:

I hope you practiced offline and didn't rush out your lap time after three laps Reik ;)

During these 50 laps I experienced the miracle of changing brake bias while driving. It worked wonders. Try this Ernie: bias up before turns 1 and 2, then back down. It helped me a lot.
You're right mate. I just entered the server to get in touch with it's conditions. But I drove very much offline for fun, because I found a very competitive AI counterpart in the GT3 cars (humans would be much faster in the GT3s though).

Ha Ha, I never bother with brake bias with RWD apart from the obvious, but needs must. I too discovered that it makes a lot of difference in these cars.
:D

I have an emperor account. But why would I need it to log in for this??
(I run my own server, too..)

Edit: message sent but likely too late to participate. Why make this unnessecarily difficult? I really do not understand. I'll have to try again later, I guess :poop::(

Last edited:
(I run my own server, too..)

Edit: message sent but likely too late to participate. Why make this unnessecarily difficult? I really do not understand. I'll have to try again later, I guess :poop::(

Pm sent. You simply need the server password to join.

Emporer gives an idea of numbers for the race, but just lets you pick a skin essentially.

Wow that was intense. I had been struggling all week with this one. Brian’s setup helped but the Porsche felt hard work here. I was always wrestling it round rather than letting it flow.

I out qualified myself with a time I couldn’t repeat. After benefiting from some t1 chaos I was able to yo-yo between Paul and Brian. Brian eventually got fed up of my mediocre corner exits and I started to make my way to the back of the grid. About half way through the first stint I had a big moment dropping it in one of the second gear corners and the rest of the field went past. I did the second stint in my own until I started to catch Thomas towards the end. Sadly I wasn’t able to make a challenge but good to have someone close at the finish.

Fairly steady race for me, good start and a bit of luck had me up to P3 early on but a half spin coming out of T3 just before pit stops allowed Brian and Robert through.
Then a scary moment had me rattling down the wall at the fast right hand kink towards the end of the race as the tyres gave up their best.
Some good battles with Rob in the first stint and then Brian towards the end.
As David said above, these cars are intense, you have to be on it every second otherwise they will bite, thanks for another great event combo Brian and well done all for finishing.

This was the first race since joining you guys a couple of years ago that I've rage quit. Rather ironic considering how much I love Road America. It was a busy week that left me with very little practice time (something that I really need in order to be on the pace).

I made a decent start and enjoyed defending against Paul for a few laps, but then mistakes began to creep in. Oh well, looking forward to next week. Congrats to the podium and to Reik (those were some seriously quick times)!

Latest News

Back