AC N-GT @ Road America - Sunday 4th August 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're at Road America for some GT action!!

8qtpkU7fYY.jpeg

Join us!

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum and in game can sign up for this event.

Event details:

Server Details:
  • Hosted on RaceDepartment.com Server 8 (Available throughout the race week)
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 75 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:15 CET, 20:15 UTC) | 15 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 UTC) | 50 minutes - Race

Cars:
  • Ferruccio 36 V8
  • Darche 96 F6

Useful Links - Required DLC Links

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 5 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap.

I just cannot drive any of these, I cannot feel my tootsies, that means I cannot judge small inputs of the accelerator, and I have no muscle memory in my braking foot and zero feelings. Not a good combination to cars that will swap ends and or lock their brakes up easily.
I am already shooting my self in the foot :D :roflmao::roflmao: by having my brake power at 80%.
Even that does not stop me locking the brakes up super easily and has the added bonus of adding 10m to my stopping ability.
For me all pedal moments are guess work.
I am pretty good at making my setup work for me but I cannot create miracles
Also I had to dive out of the F3 championship, I tried to get them to drive the older F3 cars with 200hp, but unfortunately for me they all insisted on the latest F3 400hp cars, so consequently those car are just impossible for me to drive.
I can do much better with the older cars as long as they are not too powerful, because I get that little bit extra time to make adjustment's.
It a sad tale of woe:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I just cannot drive any of these, I cannot feel my tootsies, that means I cannot judge small inputs of the accelerator, and I have no muscle memory in my braking foot and zero feelings. Not a good combination to cars that will swap ends and or lock their brakes up easily.
I am already shooting my self in the foot :D :roflmao::roflmao: by having my brake power at 80%.
Even that does not stop me locking the brakes up super easily and has the added bonus of adding 10m to my stopping ability.
For me all pedal moments are guess work.
I am pretty good at making my setup work for me but I cannot create miracles
Also I had to dive out of the F3 championship, I tried to get them to drive the older F3 cars with 200hp, but unfortunately for me they all insisted on the latest F3 400hp cars, so consequently those car are just impossible for me to drive.
I can do much better with the older cars as long as they are not too powerful, because I get that little bit extra time to make adjustment's.
It a sad tale of woe:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Just a thought mate and you probably know already but some of the wheels now have duel paddles for throttle and brake. Might it be worth looking at that as an option maybe. Not ideal i know but might be worth a try?

Thanks for the tip, problem is related to the car type, as long as I have TC that works and ABS I am okay.
If a car has more grip than power I am okay.
It is cars like the latest F3 we use, that is an amplifier of all that I cannot deal with.
I can also deal with oversteer, but if it is as violent as these group N cars and the latest F3 then it is pointless me racing.
Probably down to the Assetto Corsa tyre model with one point of contact, this is probably the main culprit for me.
I moaned about formula Agile, but I could drive that okay with a bit of extra practice, I don’t like to put much effort into practice, but it was do able.
It is the total unpredictable nature of this type of oversteer, you can do two laps okay, then the third lap everything exactly the same and because I cannot micro judge my accelerator input I get sudden oversteer that will always catch me out, I have to use the brakes immediately to catch it, which causes other problems.
I cannot counter steer and modulate the throttle and micro judge the situation, that leaves the numbskull jab of the brakes as my only solution when caught out.
In group C you are in a car that always oversteered everywhere so it is a part of every corner exit.
:)

Actually Ernie i feel completely different about the F3 car we are using. I never lock up the front wheels and i usually have the rear under control even with sometimes low rear wing. I will admit, once you spin it will continue to spit you out unless you slow down for a lap or so.
The Dallara you wanted to use i have raced a lot and I couldn't stop it locking the brakes.
Overall, i think our current car is well rounded and is very adjustable to different driving styles. If you recall, i changed your mind about the Agile. Would you like to try my Spa set up as an example. I am only pushing this coz i think your missing out!

Actually Ernie i feel completely different about the F3 car we are using. I never lock up the front wheels and i usually have the rear under control even with sometimes low rear wing. I will admit, once you spin it will continue to spit you out unless you slow down for a lap or so.
The Dallara you wanted to use i have raced a lot and I couldn't stop it locking the brakes.
Overall, i think our current car is well rounded and is very adjustable to different driving styles. If you recall, i changed your mind about the Agile. Would you like to try my Spa set up as an example. I am only pushing this coz i think your missing out!
Thankyou for your concern Steve, it can be difficult to understand. Especially as i can be reasonably completive at some circuits. That is because i am scrubbing speed rather than 100% brakes.
Laurent has got it spot on, ( as he usually does :D ) i use the electronic assists to do just that, assist my clumsy inputs, that why i also need good TC, not a token gesture as some of AC cars have.

I never got on with the Agile, it is much better than the latest F3 , just some circuits made driving it easier, i get this with the latest BP tornado and its recent upgrade, i struggle with this car now its power has been increased.

( but i can get it to be very neutral and controllable, but the penalty is i have to dumb it down. Meaning i cannot allow it to point into the corners and hence throw away a lot of time, but if it lets go it does it in a very neutral way )

As i have said before my trail braking is more of a square wave input, i am totally unable to apply some well judged smooth micro inputs of either brake or accelerator.
In real life i now cannot drive a manual car, i have to drive an auto. even then my feet are permanently over each pedal.
When i drive a manual car and have to move my foot to operate the clutch i end up not knowing were it is. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

In all the years here on our forum i am for the first time involved with low grip powerful cars with no assists.
That unfortunately are brake and accelerator micro dependant as with these F3 and Group N cars and circuits that amplify the whole situation.

My pedals are located on my sim rig in funnels to keep my feet located over each brake and accelerator pedal,

I don't think I missed one event here on our forum, now i cannot race on 50% of our races, that's life, that just the way it is. i find no pleasure in not being able to race in a race and constantly locking up or spinning.

Sorry about the waffle, but this has been an intensive on going struggle to "not" find an answer, i have even got bass shakers on each pedal that vibrate to tell me when wheels lock or spin, neither of which i can feel.

Does any one want to buy this system off me,

i can post pictures.:O_o::unsure:

You have e to laugh about the whole shenanigans that are going on this end, something i am continuously doing.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
I just signed up with the Ferrari again, because I didn't do it justice at Oschersleben. I wasn't sober there (had 3 beers in the afternoon), so I couldn't properly act and react to the car, to get out its inherent speed. Lesson learned... :p Now I wanna do that at RA.

Other than that, I'd also like to race the Porsche. If Brian ever thinks about a championship, I suggest doing alternating races with only one brand per race, because the difference seems too big. For example:

Race 1: Porsche
Race 2: Ferrari
Race 3: Porsche
Race 4: Ferrari

HOW ABOUT..

Other than that, I'd also like to race the Porsche. If Brian ever thinks about a championship, I suggest doing alternating races with only one brand per race, because the difference seems too big. For example:

Race 1: Porsche me in the Ferrari
Race 2: Ferrarii
Race 3: Porsche me in the Ferrari
Race 4: Ferrari

Thankyou for your concern Steve, it can be difficult to understand. Especially as i can be reasonably completive at some circuits. That is because i am scrubbing speed rather than 100% brakes.
Laurent has got it spot on, ( as he usually does :D ) i use the electronic assists to do just that, assist my clumsy inputs, that why i also need good TC, not a token gesture as some of AC cars have.

I never got on with the Agile, it is much better than the latest F3 , just some circuits made driving it easier, i get this with the latest BP tornado and its recent upgrade, i struggle with this car now its power has been increased.

( but i can get it to be very neutral and controllable, but the penalty is i have to dumb it down. Meaning i cannot allow it to point into the corners and hence throw away a lot of time, but if it lets go it does it in a very neutral way )

As i have said before my trail braking is more of a square wave input, i am totally unable to apply some well judged smooth micro inputs of either brake or accelerator.
In real life i now cannot drive a manual car, i have to drive an auto. even then my feet are permanently over each pedal.
When i drive a manual car and have to move my foot to operate the clutch i end up not knowing were it is. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

In all the years here on our forum i am for the first time involved with low grip powerful cars with no assists.
That unfortunately are brake and accelerator micro dependant as with these F3 and Group N cars and circuits that amplify the whole situation.

My pedals are located on my sim rig in funnels to keep my feet located over each brake and accelerator pedal,

I don't think I missed one event here on our forum, now i cannot race on 50% of our races, that's life, that just the way it is. i find no pleasure in not being able to race in a race and constantly locking up or spinning.

Sorry about the waffle, but this has been an intensive on going struggle to "not" find an answer, i have even got bass shakers on each pedal that vibrate to tell me when wheels lock or spin, neither of which i can feel.

Does any one want to buy this system off me,

i can post pictures.:O_o::unsure:

You have e to laugh about the whole shenanigans that are going on this end, something i am continuously doing.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Maybe this will help. I set my brake pedal in the wheel pedal driver setup at 100% being equal to as hard a I can press the brake pedal. Panic brake essentially. Then back it off a touch.
So braking in this car into turn 3 say, I give full effort for first 1/3 of the brake zone. You naturally run out of strength to hold it there at 100% for more then the first 10-20% of the distance to the corner. This should remove the locking as the aero comes off the car and the wheels start to lock.

@Kek700 I see you signed up with the Ferrari. :thumbsup: If you take my posted Mugello setup and soften rear spring one click, you should have a good (safe) setup. Of course adjusting pressures and gears a bit...

The actual sign up list nearly looks like a Ferrari challenge. :thumbsup: I hope Brian and Robert don't regret their choices. :whistling:

@Kek700 I see you signed up with the Ferrari. :thumbsup: If you take my posted Mugello setup and soften rear spring one click, you should have a good (safe) setup. Of course adjusting pressures and gears a bit...

The actual sign up list nearly looks like a Ferrari challenge. :thumbsup: I hope Brian and Robert don't regret their choices. :whistling:

Maybe we need to bring back the BoP!? :D

I only drive the Ferrari because it is easier to drive, and does not get so effected by moving the brake bias more to the rear.
Plus the 911 is oversenstive to brake locking at the front, moving the bias more to the rear helps a lot but it ends up still being sensitive to front lock.
I can get more from the Ferrari, this is not the same as the 911, I find it difficult to drive at 100%.
I am sure the 911 is about an approach that you need to acquire, once you get it , it is probably a very competitive car.

Latest News

Back