AMS2 Multiclass Madness @ Curvelo, Tuesday 26th April, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Race1
20220426211721_1.jpg

Race2.
20220426215645_1.jpg

Cheers guys, fun cars.

I've thought the same thing about doing a mini season with one particular class of car. Initially, I wanted to try the Corvette/Porsche combo over a series of different tracks to try and even out their relataive performances. Then I thought the GTes are worth a series too, as they are so drivable/enjoyable. These Stock cars - and all the 70s-80s versions of them are great cars - are a particular kind of car in that they don't have a load of grip and need to be drifted for best results. Not everyone is a fan of these as much as we are. The low numbers we get laterly are an issue with putting up slow, heavy cars most weeks. I'm trying to get newer, maybe rookie guys to join and, importantly stick around week in. However, having said that, we hardy few deserve to race what we like! I'll put it to a poll vote to see if there is interest in a recurring set of cars.

All these rule! I love the M1 and really want to use it more. Again, I am not adverse to modern cars - just not the modern F1 cars- and would like to shuffle between them all. I'm about to put up next week's race and it's a car I don't really know, but it was asked for and here it is. We have not repeated any car and track yet, since I started doing this in January, and I'd like to try a few more before we start repeating. Again, though, a fortnightly series with the best of the bunch could work.

Latest News

Back