AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda Mx5@Sandown, Wed 19th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Jose,

I myself held off on telemetry way too long because I hate working with computers.
First takeaway for me was that I don´t find the best line by driving a track.
Even looking on a track map didn´t help much. (so not much intuition/talent on my part.)

Seeing my line on the trackmap and comparing speed traces for several laps allowed me to better place the nadir (slowest point) and develop line/apex from there.
The back into AC and find markers for braking, apex and trackout.

The problem with this approach is that Z1 has very few track edges for download, at least for the tracks we drive here. So you have to make the trackmaps yourself by driving both edges precisely.
Not difficult, but tedious:unsure:

Z1 has free trial (you have to restart every 15min).
If you want I could send you a data pack for race we both did and you can compare the lines and speed traces

Hi all, thanks so much for the support, a lot of information there. Do not missunderstand me I am not giving up, I was just disappointed because I ruined my race in the first lap, I have had great moments fighting with Ricardo or Domenic in previous races which I really enjoy, no matter who wins.

I really enjoy this group, I was having support from the very beginning, people like Bouke, Douglas, Daniel, Han... etc, already help me when I started and even send me personal messages.

Paul, you are right on your comments, as soon as the blue flags start I get nervous the only thing I do not want is to ruin their race, but I will follow your advice.

Carsten, also good advise, I have a couple of books I read... I learn a lot with them, probably same books you have, happy to recommend to anyone. Telemetric, I do not think I am at that level yet.

As Collin said, when I drive with others I jump in their cars and learn a lot,... That is very good.

Summarizing, I do not complain guys, I just was a little bit frustrated yesterday, but it was only my fault... I like this new hobby and enjoy every track.

Thank you guys
Hey Jose ! You’re getting faster, no doubt about it. I still remember the last time we raced at Road America, which incidentally is one of my favorite tracks and I thought I was pretty decent at, I could not shake you!
You were in my mirrors the entire race until I finally cracked and went off the track! Lol.

Like many others have said, the trouble is that every one else is getting faster too…

Sorry I haven’t been around lately, things have been pretty busy lately and I’ve dropped to 1 or 2 races a week. However I’ll be back soon to give you a run for your money!.
In the meantime, just keep on rolling!

Jose,

The problem with this approach is that Z1 has very few track edges for download, at least for the tracks we drive here. So you have to make the trackmaps yourself by driving both edges precisely.
Not difficult, but tedious:unsure:

Carsten, do you know a good site/place where to get good trackmaps for Motec? Installed all the software/in-game apps and it’s producing data files. But I’d like to work on my lines and braking and exit zones. Good trackmaps come in handy there. I tried the ‘create your own map’-method, but not shure if I did that right. (Tried it on Spa, quite a long track to very slowly stay on outer and inner lines :cool: ).

So, good quality trackmaps would be nice. I did a search on it, but I’m not sure where to get them.

Carsten, do you know a good site/place where to get good trackmaps for Motec? Installed all the software/in-game apps and it’s producing data files. But I’d like to work on my lines and braking and exit zones. Good trackmaps come in handy there. I tried the ‘create your own map’-method, but not shure if I did that right. (Tried it on Spa, quite a long track to very slowly stay on outer and inner lines :cool: ).

So, good quality trackmaps would be nice. I did a search on it, but I’m not sure where to get them.
Yeah,
no luck for me there :(

That´s one of the reasons I still use Z1, drive the track edge, click "load as left edge" repeat for other side, done.

Motec can do wondrous things with data as you can program it to do anything with channel properties and math.
But I´m no race engineer and hate computers and math, so I go the easier and more expensive way :unsure:

@KFMaster creates track maps for Motec for his formula agile races.
Maybe he can help you to get them right :)

Or have I misunderstood what you're after?
I think so, yep.
One thing is the line driven, like you explained.
But you can also record 2 additional laps, where you drive completely on the edge of the tarmac.
You can then tell the Motec driving line menu to use the 2 laps as the track borders.
That way, you'll see your line in relation to the tarmac borders and see if there could be a better driving line.

Or have I misunderstood what you're after?
Well, I’m looking for trackmaps with inner and outerlines to which I can relate the optimal racing line, or at least tell where I miss the racing line. Would be great if there are some ready made trackmaps for motec. I’m practicing for Spa at the moment. And very new to acti and Motec :cool:

Last edited:
Hi all, Do not why but Helicorsa doesn't work in my pc, and I tried with the help of the author, what about real time? Where can I find this app?

Hi all, Do not why but Helicorsa doesn't work in my pc, and I tried with the help of the author, what about real time? Where can I find this app?
Hi Jose, an alternative to Helicorsa (if you can't get that working) is 'Car Radar', I haven't used it though I know of many that like it, link here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/car-radar.15743/ (but you can't install it with CM, it's a manual job)

The Realtime app is, I think(?) called Substanding - shows gaps to cars and can be altered to show different classes too, linky: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/substanding.4998/ and the extended version here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/substanding-extended.51973/

Last edited:
Hi Jose,

After you installed Helicorsa, did you also activated it in AC?
1690130490545.png

If you have done that then you can select Helicorsa from the app menu on the right side of the screen like all the other apps (except Crew Chief which is a separate application).

Last edited:
Hi Jose,

After you installed Helicorsa, did you also activated it in AC?
View attachment 682356
If you have done that then you can select Helicorsa from the app menu on the right side of the screen like all the other apps (except Crew Chief which is a separate application).
Hi Han.
Thank you for the heads up, I have both car radar and Helicorsa ticket on CM, but do not appear in the side menu even when I ticked all alternatives for phyton apps... I found real time, that one works

Hi Han.
Thank you for the heads up, I have both car radar and Helicorsa ticket on CM, but do not appear in the side menu even when I ticked all alternatives for phyton apps... I found real time, that one works
When you have clicked on 'all apps' you don't see something like this?
1690226192791.png

And Helicorsa is visible in this folder?
1690226317294.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Back