AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@RedBullRing, Wed 6th July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I keep forgetting that, I am “SO” consumed with beating those Mazdas, it has become an obsession.
F43C9620-82D8-4CF5-BB26-88F73AADD005.jpeg

@HF2000
Doubtful i will be racing tonight,just finishing a 28.5hr shift...Im bloody knackered...but if the shower revives the old bones,and i can manage a couple of cheeky whiskeys b4 praccy....Well...
Oh Allan. A 28,5 hour shift is incredible! Take care and make sure you rest enough.
It's not a problem if you don't race tonight. Plenty of Mazda's for a Fazzi train:D:p .

This was a lot of fun! Thanks for the race guys and thanks again to Han for organising.

In the first half of the race I had a great battle with Taj, and we were bumper-to-bumper for a while, interrupted only by some small tussles with Han's Abarth as he made his way through. After I capitalised on a small error to make the pass, I opened a slight gap but Taj began to claw it back with some good pace. I boxed for fuel on the half way point and passed Han in the pits. I of course completely forgot that tyres tend to cool down when they're not being thrown around a circuit, and Han was keen to remind me of this after he found me sideways at the exit of the nasty T2 :roflmao:

It took a while to bring the buggers back to life, and I was fearful that Taj (2s behind before my stop) would potentially pull a significant overcut. I needn't have worried though, because he somehow didn't stop at all, and finished a good 12 seconds clear. Immense fuel saving.

@JamKart22 Did you see any lag issues when we were jostling for position towards the end? I'm not sure what went on but from my end your car just went arrow-straight into the grass as we were headed towards T3, only to suddenly vanish and respawn right alongside me, albeit travelling about 10kph slower. If there was a lag spike on my end and it caused any grief for you I can only apologise, but I really enjoyed our little battle.

Last edited:
Well what can i say..The "Old" Bugger won it..:p:laugh::laugh::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:.. @Kek700..Well done Ernie,great racing for the full hour,also @Shed 17 and Thomas for brill pace..I was hoping to get ernie in the pits,only managed to claw back 6 secs,was,nt enough and i badly gambled taking the inside on turn 1 with 5 mins left,,,well i had to try something,but we hit, i came off worse,glad for that,maybe i should have waited for the last lap, but i was tired,spent,worn out,knackered,so im happy with 2nd,least i beat our :cautious::cautious::whistling: glorious leader, who also had awesome pace.....so until next race see ya soon, stay safe..:inlove:

Great racing tonight again.

I had a terrible practice, couldn't find my pace and kept spinning off.

Made same mistake on my early qualifying laps but pulled it together for the end and P7.

Decent start and kept out of trouble and in decent position in the early laps. Settled in behind Han and Kimi (again) and watched them battle with Thomas for a few laps. Overtaken by another Abarth but I was thinking that I would be ok in the long run.

Inherited 2 places when Han and Kimi went off on the last corner. Then @Alfred Wayne reeled me in to resume our weekly battle. Managed to keep him at bay by being faster in the second half.

I wasn't really being slowed by the battle but I thought I might be faster in clear air so pitted early, at the 30 minute mark, when I had fuel for another 6-7 laps.

With hindsight this was a mistake as I didn't do great times after my stop. Raul pitted after me and emerged just a few seconds back. Robert pitted a couple of laps later and I was surprised when he emerged 7 seconds up the road.

I then pushed a bit too hard and got sideways through the last turn with Raul on my tail. After exchanging places a couple of times he got ahead and I made another mistake that gave him a 3 second margin to the end so I had to settle for P8.

With hindsight I should have pitted later to give myself more laps on low fuel in my first stint. Lesson learned.

All of my racing was clean and incident free, thanks guys

Thanks again Han and well done to the podiums. I was surprised the Abarths did so well.

Last edited:
Well... that race was a tawn of fawn! :laugh: I couldn't match the time I had in practice on qualy so I started tenth but managed to gain positions on the first set of laps due to other people's skiddy misfortunes. Then I lost a couple to Kimi in his Abarth and Robert @Alfred Wayne in his Mazda... they caught up with @Douglas Aird ahead and I kept them in sight for abundant laps but I just couldn't close in. At some point Han @HF2000 was tailgating me but I managed to keep him at bay, that was until I made a small mistake. He passed me but I kept at close distance until he dived into the pits. A few laps later I pitted as well and somehow got back on track right behind Robert and Doug again... surprisingly I had better pace so I closed in on Doug and we had a scrap for a few laps, trading spots. That was a lot of fun man! :D But that also allowed Robert to push ahead, pass Mika and dissappear into the sunset. Doug had a few skiddies which helped me close in, pass and create a gap... and also find some extra pace, which allowed me to close in with Mika. We traded places as well but a bad exit on the second to last lap put me on the back foot... yet I managed to close in again but I was a lap short to pass him. We crossed the line almost bumper to bumper, that was also fun! :thumbsup:

I felt like the race was pretty stable in general, regarding pace and laptimes. The Abarths were faster than I expected which was a welcome challenge... I think this combination is really good so thanks again for organising Han! And thank you guys for a great race once more... congratz to the winners and podiums and I'll see you on the next one. Karting at mini-Baku, should be a blast! :roflmao: Nighty chaps!

Last edited:
But that also allowed Robert to push ahead, pass Mika and dissappear into the sunset. Doug had a few skiddies which helped me close in, pass and create a gap... and also find some extra pace, which allowed me to close in with Mika. We traded places as well but a bad exit on the second to last lap put me on the back foot... yet I managed to close in again but I was a lap short to pass him. We crossed the line almost bumper to bumper, that was also fun!
Did you mean that you passed me at some point in the final laps? I don't remember that, so I checked the replay from the moment you passed Doug to the end, and I didn't see it there either. I'm a bit confused now...
But anyway.. I was lucky that you didn't catch me any earlier... :D I had to save fuel in the final laps so I let Robert go without much fight, and then I just hoped you won't pass me before I knew if I had enough fuel. I was actually almost certain that you would get past me, so my goal was to keep Doug behind me.
Fortunately for me, when I realized that I had enough fuel to finish the race you were still behind me, and I was able to drive the final lap without any fuel saving, just concentrating on being just fast enough to not let you pass.

After the race I had 0.38 litres of fuel left... :D

Last edited:
fun fun fun

one of my most consistent races in a while and i think I had a bit of a tangle with most the drivers here :thumbsup: . I'm not even surprised at this point to find myself behind @Douglas Aird and @Dzul. Even managed to get kimi and his Abarth in an mx5 sandwich :laugh:

I really expected to come back out just behind you Doug after my pit. I had the jump on you in some corners, but not enough that I ever felt like you were holding me up. Not sure where I placed my pace during quali (started 12th), but I found it a few laps after you pitted :)

Seems to happen to me most races with the MX5, about halfway through I remember how to drive it and start braking before the turn instead of in the turn and off we go :D

@Mikke73 Real glad I didn't wait for you to pit to make a move :laugh: Nice job on the fuel saving :thumbsup:

And congrats @Kek700 on the win. Guess I know now to ignore your comments about your pace pre race :laugh:

Did you mean that you passed me at some point in the final laps? I don't remember that, so I checked the replay from the moment you passed Doug to the end, and I didn't see it there either. I'm a bit confused now... :D

I thought I got past you for a short bit but may be my tired memory. I did finish right behind you... like, literally, I think 0,3 seconds apart? It was a bunch of fun laps! You were literally racing on fumes man! :confused:

Last edited:
This was a lot of fun! Thanks for the race guys and thanks again to Han for organising.

In the first half of the race I had a great battle with Taj, and we were bumper-to-bumper for a while, interrupted only by some small tussles with Han's Abarth as he made his way through. After I capitalised on a small error to make the pass, I opened a slight gap but Taj began to claw it back with some good pace. I boxed for fuel on the half way point and passed Han in the pits. I of course completely forgot that tyres tend to cool down when they're not being thrown around a circuit, and Han was keen to remind me of this after he found me sideways at the exit of the nasty T2 :roflmao:

It took a while to bring the buggers back to life, and I was fearful that Taj (2s behind before my stop) would potentially pull a significant overcut. I needn't have worried though, because he somehow didn't stop at all, and finished a good 12 seconds clear. Immense fuel saving.

@JamKart22 Did you see any lag issues when we were jostling for position towards the end? I'm not sure what went on but from my end your car just went arrow-straight into the grass as we were headed towards T3, only to suddenly vanish and respawn right alongside me, albeit travelling about 10kph slower. If there was a lag spike on my end and it caused any grief for you I can only apologise, but I really enjoyed our little battle.
I seem to be getting a high ping 45 mins in to every race. Lasts about a minute and then settles down. Anyone have any idea what's causing it?

Latest News

Back