AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Keimola, Wed 22nd February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well,
in part it was a close and intense race, for me it had it´s ups and downs.

After avoiding the carnage of L2 ( Han you jinxed it, and karma got you back big :confused:) I could hold my own for a while.

I got punted out of T3 ( racing incident, only egos bruised.)

Some intense racing followed, but I couldn´t quite keep up.

Then an incident in Varikokaarre i´m not happy about, PM has been send.

Blew up my Pitstop by not getting it into gear fast enough, so i ripped the gear lever nearly off. As I use the cheap Dutch stuff it came only loose from the rig but was not damaged.
:poop:driving with a loose gearstick.

In the end I could (quite closely) avoid to get lapped, now I´m hot, stinky and pissed.

Beertime Carsten

What a race, really enjoyed that tonight.

I think I spent most of the race battling with someone, managed a few good clean overtakes (and no dirty ones) fighting my way back up from 26th after getting caught up in some lap 2 chaos to finish 15th (my best yet I think).

Some great close racing with Carsten in the first half with us trading places a couple of times and some rather tense last few laps initially trying to get past Steve H, I think I had slightly more pace but he held me off then Robert H joined the fight behind me for the last few laps of the race crossing the line 1/2 a cars length behind me. The tension and focus for those last laps had me sweating buckets.

I think tonight was my 5th or 6th race with the group and it is without doubt some of the best online racing I've had. Good clean fun racing with people you trust enough to race close with, many many light years away from my experience with iRacing.

As always Thanks for pulling it together Han and providing a little light entertainment as you suddenly careered across the track in front of me into a wall for no apparent reason.

Catch you next week.

@Kek700 you and Jason had a lot of smoke coming from your tyres. Were you driving without ABS?
Yeah Han, we should do something about that.
Not only is turning tyres into smoke screen an environmental sin, it´s also an unfair advantage if the following drivers can´t see the corners clearly.

(Joking of course, well sortof)

Oh, yes, my smoke generation in CM is set to the lowest level

MFG Carsten

Had some nice trainings lap at this track past week (quite a lot, actually). I like the track and somehow I managed to do lots of quick laps, series of nice laps and then… go over the limit again. So trained for consistency, with varying results.

Practice: okay, qualy: pretty good, hoped to go for PB (with a six in it again), but couldn’t get a real clean lap without traffic. Really great to have so many cars on the grid.

Race: pretty okay for four laps, screwed up in fifth, going from fifth to 18th in about 3 seconds, it was pretty close racing. Pitted early, hoped to stay out of traffic, but didn’t quite work out. In the pits with Paul, both missing the markers for refueling, reversing, etc. And from there on it seemed to be a Bouke-Paul-Bouke-Paul-Bouke-Paul race, chasing and trying, good fun! Had a chase with David Jevons, and lost my throttle again in lap 16 with Paul on my tail… let Paul by, quickly reinserted the usb cable and on the chase again. Had a few nice T1 overtakes, really enjoyed the race.

In the end tried to take over Kimi’s position but he did a wonderfull job defending, hard to pass him in his Abbarth toy! After I had a bad exit to the home straight, Paul tried his luck on Kimi, but the Abbarth was just too fast on the straight.

So, apart from my weekly f&€ck upps, I enjoyed this one. Some nice and close racing, learning to avoid others while chasing them in the braking zones, good stuff. Just couldn’t avoid a brake-lock-up-touch with Gary, sorry again man!

See you all next week!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for racing. It was a lot of fun for me until I parked my car in the barrier and got stuck.
I hope everyone had a good time on this track with almost a full grid.

@Kek700 you and Jason had a lot of smoke coming from your tyres. Were you driving without ABS?

Interesting Han, I have just had CM installed, and now nothing works, spent all of the practice trying to join the practice, but when I got in, I had no pit stop, it was as though I was stuck in hot lap. Then could not find the setup for this race, then the dash of the car was blank.
Very lucky for me, it turned out well, I was never going to match Jason, so it was the beast I could hope for.
Got confused by your constant returns to the pits, and over to your question, I have not got a clue.
Does anyone know why I cannot get onto the online race, the JOIN was permanently faded out.
i liked the battles with Mazda, generally we were on equal terms apart from the fast boys,

Sorry again Paul for that t1 bump lap 2, just watch the replay and while I thought I gave myself enough space for the 3 of us to go down into 1, I clearly didn't and got into your side :thumbsdown: I owe you one. Speaking of which, I'm happy my bump today turned you around Colin :laugh:

As for the rest of the race, it was a fun but frustrating one. Had some pace and some great racing partners, but had some grassy moments too which evened it all out. Never thought I'd miss some kerb in the corners, but it was a tight track today that punished you quick for even a tire out. In the end, I finished side by side with Steve and just a tad behind Dave after some exciting last few laps :thumbsup:

Congrats to the podiums. Great racing up there today with nice consistency. I thought I had been getting a little faster, and now all of a sudden it seems like everyone is getting faster too :confused::thumbsup: Makes for some exciting racing through the whole grid

Last edited:
Wow, that was an intense race.

I squeezed out a tenth on my last qualifying lap and jumped a couple of places onto 10th.

I knew I didn't have the pace to get up with the fast guys up front so I focused on keeping it on the track.

Early laps I picked up a few places as others made mistakes or lost time battling. Surprised myself by being in the mid to low 27s every lap.

Mid race I found myself around p3 to p5, depending on pitstops and, as I had a gap in front and behind, decided to leave my pitstop until I was potentially going to be held up.

Fulvio and Thomas, I think, came out of their pitstop just ahead of me, and before I made mine. Followed them for a lap but they were fighting and I was at risk of getting tangled up so I pitted. On exit I came out 6th and there was a car 3 seconds ahead. However he pitted leaving me in 5th.

Andre was 11 seconds ahead and I had a gap behind so I put in steady but safe laps to the finish. Still buzzing!

Great to race with such a good bunch of drivers. 27 cars on a short narrow track, really tricky. The pace was so close and everyone had people to race with. Well done guys.

Congratulations to the podiums (I am getting closer) and great organisation again, Han.

PS - I seem to go well on short Finnish tracks. :)

Does anyone know why I cannot get onto the online race, the JOIN was permanently faded out.
I think that's 'cos you haven't hit the 'refresh' button Ernie, bottom right in CM when you go to join the server - it seems to do this when the server rolls over - here:
refresh.jpg

Stick with it mate, I resisted 'The Force' for far too long;) Once you get into it CM is the Great Dane's danglies, so much more you can do:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Interesting Han, I have just had CM installed, and now nothing works, spent all of the practice trying to join the practice, but when I got in, I had no pit stop, it was as though I was stuck in hot lap. Then could not find the setup for this race, then the dash of the car was blank.
Very lucky for me, it turned out well, I was never going to match Jason, so it was the beast I could hope for.
Got confused by your constant returns to the pits, and over to your question, I have not got a clue.
i liked the battles with Mazda, generally we were on equal terms apart from the fast boys,
Drop me a message at Discord (top left corner, Direct Messages, you'll find it) and I should be able to help out quickly enough. I'm getting push notifications to my phone from Discord!
Or write me a PM here at RD, but the communication isn't as quick here.

Pit Stop menu: Did you try to use your mouse? We set it to use the mouse pit menu instead of the Steering Wheel Joystick menu!

Dash of the car was blank? What do you mean by this? :cautious:
We might not have selected HUD 1 while driving due to using the free cam etc.
Go on track, move the mouse the right app bar, then at the very bottom you'll find 4 little buttons.
Click on the left one of them and your standard HUD should be there again.
HUD_Selector.jpg

The join button was grayed out due to some weird bug that's going on right now when the server rolls over. Hitting Refresh like John said solves it instantly. :)

Thanks guys for racing. It was a lot of fun for me until I parked my car in the barrier and got stuck.
I hope everyone had a good time on this track with almost a full grid.

Hi Han; Thanks as always for organizing. That was fun for sure!

I felt really badly about having anything to do with provoking your unfortunate encounter with that barrier. I tried to give you space to pass but, unfortunately, looks like it all went down right at the kink in the straight and seems you caught some grass and got launched across the track.... In any event, I admire the fact that you take it all in stride and keep on rolling...!

Great driving out there guys. All in all, very few incidents considering how many cars were on the grid. This ain't no public server action that's for sure!

Sorry again Paul for that t1 bump lap 2, just watch the replay and while I thought I gave myself enough space for the 3 of us to go down into 1, I clearly didn't and got into your side :thumbsdown: I owe you one.
Not a problem Robert, our times were very close in practice and qualy so it was inevitable that we were going to end up on the same piece of asphalt at some time or another. Also going three wide into that turn was risky but I thought I might get a run on Doug, but it was fun while it lasted.:thumbsup:

After that I was at the back and decided to pit early, second mistake as Bouke and Kimi were already pitting so no chance of the undercut, then third mistake, I overshot the box and faffed around trying to pit, another 5 seconds lost.

In the pits with Paul, both missing the markers for refueling, reversing, etc. And from there on it seemed to be a Bouke-Paul-Bouke-Paul-Bouke-Paul race, chasing and trying, good fun! Had a chase with David Jevons, and lost my throttle again in lap 16 with Paul on my tail… let Paul by, quickly reinserted the usb cable and on the chase again. Had a few nice T1 overtakes, really enjoyed the race.

Yes, great racing Bouke, I wondered why you slowed and let me by, that was unlucky but you soon got up to pace again and got by me when I had a code brown moment squeezing by a recovering Carsten.

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_rmi_keimola_22-1-123-21-45-0.jpg

It looks like Carsten and Kimi had an incident up ahead and I couldn't see anything in all the smoke, so went left and hoped for the best. From then on I struggled to get back up to you and Kimi as you were getting a tow out of the turns onto the straights. But with two laps to go you had a sideways moment coming onto the straight and it was my turn to give Kimi some grief in the 'Mazda' sections. but with Kimi on home ground and the speed of the Abarth on the straights I just couldn't get by and followed Kimi over the line.

But superb fun and good close, clean racing. Well done all and thanks Han for running another well attended event.:)

No need to apologize Carsten, I just wasn't sure where you would end up so went left. It must have been a bit of a shock when I flew past you on two wheels...........I think I might have got a cut for that one??....................... but then again I only had two wheels off the track........the other two were in md air!:roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Back