AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn, Wed 15th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

No description of the track this week. You have to look for yourself.
It's challenging and staying on track is most important.

1675899190674.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/281a922f-3df1-43c5-8ef3-3dee1be80d05?server=1 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 2 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Attachments

• surfaces.ini
    4.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Han,

you need a hobby that keeps you from scouring the obscure edges of the Internet and find gems like this :inlove:

This track is work of art, beautyfully modelled, looks really, really good, almost photorealistic, and the driving (FFB and such) is amazing.
It is very "FatAlfie" which is high praise for both creators :inlove:

BUT:

I find it blatantly unfair to people who have a life outside simracing, to learn this track to stay on track will take quite some time, to learn it to drive it safely at the limit I´d need several dozen hours of practice.
Even though I´d have the necessary time right now I´ll probably not commit to spend so much time on a (probably) one time use.
So undecided leaning on not.

OH,and track limits don´t work either:

Hah offtrack.PNG

The game thinks I´m still on track :D

MFG Carsten

(BTW, you could start to put the used track version into the registration form, I had to check on the practice server;))

(BTW, you could start to put the used track version into the registration form, I had to check on the practice server
Good one!

As for the time needed to learn the track, I guess that's up to everyone individual to decide..
Personally I haven't got much time to practice throughout the week at the moment so I have to do most of it in the hour practice before qually. Not ideal but because I have a base setup for the car I can concentrate on the track. I don't intend to spend a lot of time scraping the last second of my PB in a race that can well go wrong in the first laps or even more likely by own fault due to lack of concentration. I know I will also have fun when I apply the Pareto rule (20% of the effort, gives you 80% of the result).
I know Allan and some other guys spend a lot of time on the practice server every week and they like doing that. I don't force them to. Other maybe practice off line with or without AI but I can't see that.

And for one time use: well that's also individual taste. If I like a track very much, I also enjoy setting up a race with AI and start at the back.

So with organizing these events in a variaty of tracks apart from having fun I also aim to give the participants the chance to discover new tracks that they want to visit again sometime.

I also take note of the respons of you all after the event which I write down in a spreadsheet with all the used tracks so I can look back for future use how succesful the event was.

BTW: did you ever go there irl and if so, do you recognize anything?

Yes, Allan, the straight just does not make up the difference, I was amazed how much you caught up on the twisty bits, there are corners where I should be flat, but the front just washes out and even loading the front cannot get it back.
The trouble is, the Abarth is a fish out of water here, I think most Abarths will make a mistake here when pressurised, me definitely.:roflmao::roflmao:
I have about another second but can do little about the twisty bits, but I know a man who can, time to call Fulvio.
Great circuit Han, easy to learn, amazing scenery just adds to the whole atmosphere,
but don't hit an aircraft's wings.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Cannot get on to the server, tried your password and Brians too, but no go.
looks too simple for even me to make a mistake, will have another try tomorrow.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 135 26.4%
  • Full game

Votes: 122 23.9%
  • CPU

Votes: 61 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 91 17.8%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 53 10.4%