AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Mazda MX5@New Plymouth, Wed 13th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I have done it, i am a traitor. I made the swop from hairdresser to shopping trolley. I NEED to remove my brain from the same sound, view and now to me boring physics of the Mazda and take in the pleasure of the crap handling of the Fiat Any advice would be welcome to tame this tail happy cart. I am guessing brake bias way up front and lift off oversteer tamed to help it turn?

I have done it, i am a traitor. I made the swop from hairdresser to shopping trolley. I NEED to remove my brain from the same sound, view and now to me boring physics of the Mazda and take in the pleasure of the crap handling of the Fiat Any advice would be welcome to tame this tail happy cart. I am guessing brake bias way up front and lift off oversteer tamed to help it turn?
I think diff power and diff coast into the extremes but I don't know which one at the max and .which one to the min. I'm not behind my computer to check my setup.

It will be a DNS for me I'm afraid... I thought I'd be done with grading papers already but that's not the case unfortunately... :O_o: Full day of meetings tomorrow and a molar-removal friday means I gotta finish this evening. Hopefully this should be the only race I miss in the new championship. Someone save me the replay, this track promises exciting action! :roflmao: Have a good one guys!

Last edited:
This is the setup I used last week, things like tyre pressure and fuel level will need changing for the track and your driving style. I haven't driven this track yet to know if any other changes will be required.
Thanks Jason, total opposite to what I cooked up. I noticed you have dialed out more of the power off oversteer than mine. Not sure which one to use yet

Well... the track did not disappoint, with plenty of off-road action and even some extra points for a artistic impressions. :roflmao: And I did not even know you could get a puncture! Now I know!

It was a pity to have a small grid that kept shrinking throughout the event, which lead to lonely races here and there. I can't complain too much, Bouke and Han kept me busy, but I completely missed José the entire race.

As I was packing things up I think I may have found the source of my technical issues: the cockpit was pushed too close to the desk and the wheel cables were slightly bent, especially the one connecting the shifter to the wheel base. During the practice for next week I hope to confirm that was the case.

Congrats to the podiums (I guess that's me and José too :O_o: - thanks to the small grid + retirements) and thanks Han for hosting it. Oh! And no warping at all! :thumbsup:

Ocon-Monaco-2-2023.jpg

Cheers!
- Ricardo

Last edited:
Thanks for racing tonight, guys. Pity I got a connection issue so my race was over after 4 turns.
I joined again but being in nomansland I lost my concentration and went off several times. I decided to transport to the pits and wait for some cars to follow for some battles. In the last lap I had a nice one with Ricardo.

The coming weeks we will go to some shorter circuits as the grids will be smaller due to holidays.
Here's the one for next week: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-mazda-mx5-sandown-wed-19th-july-2023.261334/

I held it together for a bit, but some lapses in concentration got me some small offs which built up over the race. Luckily I saved my best for the last lap :roflmao:. Had I been farther away from the end you might have caught me Ricardo :confused:

Very fun track. Thanka for hosting Han. Shame about your connection issues :(

Sorry for the lap 1 incident, i touched the wall and couldn't get away from it causing me to spin in a bad place for the guy's following. The last corner hairpin braking zone was also a nightmare.

That was a fun track with a few nasty corners if you got them wrong, could definitely have done with joining in time to practice.

i was really tired before the race i was like should i miss that and go to bed . little that i know like uthred said destiny is all :'D, race start Jose lost the grip and for avoid the contact i went with my car too close and touched the barrier ending on the void so i went out of the pit again with the only intent of doing 1-2 launched laps and going to bed the first lap was meh the second was really good but 1st sector didnt like that so i went for the third full in touched the grass sbinning my car the outcome was game closed pc off .

I held it together for a bit, but some lapses in concentration got me some small offs which built up over the race. Luckily I saved my best for the last lap :roflmao:. Had I been farther away from the end you might have caught me Ricardo :confused:

Very fun track. Thanka for hosting Han. Shame about your connection issues :(
blow up a tyre with the lobby 10% of tyres wear thats literally a world record congratz :D

blow up a tyre with the lobby 10% of tyres wear thats literally a world record congratz :D
It's quite unpredictable how tyre blown ups occur. It occurs only at certain tracks when you go off. I don't know if modders can these things into their design.

Took me some laps to memorize the track and discover (the hard way :cool:) which corner to send it and which ones to ease off a little. Slowly chopped bits of my laptime during last part of P and Q. Got me a 6th position on the grid.

Fun track, over the limits gives the car, the driver and its tyres a hard reset. Spinns, bounces, puncture, quick warp to the pit, cry out loud, dry tears, head down, finish the race. That sums it up for me. Small group, but still an enjoyable race, nice!

Thanks Han and everybody who joined. Congrats to the podium, great pace! Congrats to Jose and Ricardo for some good points scored!

Last edited:
i was really tired before the race i was like should i miss that and go to bed . little that i know like uthred said destiny is all :'D, race start Jose lost the grip and for avoid the contact i went with my car too close and touched the barrier ending on the void so i went out of the pit again with the only intent of doing 1-2 launched laps and going to bed the first lap was meh the second was really good but 1st sector didnt like that so i went for the third full in touched the grass sbinning my car the outcome was game closed pc off .
Sorry for that Fluvio. I need to learn how to manage the pressure in first laps, with so many cars around trying to pass and modifying my lines I have managed to be out in the last 2 races. I manage to survive the first corner but crash a little bit later... I push the back to pits bottom, is what I use to do when driving alone, at that took me to race alone for almost the race.
Now that I am starting to be faster alone, I need to train to race with other.
Anyhow, I enjoyed the track, even when I expected much more fights. Thanks Han

Sorry for that Fluvio. I need to learn how to manage the pressure in first laps, with so many cars around trying to pass and modifying my lines I have managed to be out in the last 2 races. I manage to survive the first corner but crash a little bit later... I push the back to pits bottom, is what I use to do when driving alone, at that took me to race alone for almost the race.
Now that I am starting to be faster alone, I need to train to race with other.
Anyhow, I enjoyed the track, even when I expected much more fights. Thanks Han
dont worry saw you lost some grip so is not your fault at all can happen :D . but if i saw people again misspelling the name with Fluvio or even Felix

Latest News

Back