Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

LeMans turned out to be more exciting than expected for most drivers last week. Due to the long straight, the Abarths were more than a match for the Mazdas this time. The extended race length, which required all cars to have a pit stop, also contributed to a dynamic event.
But Kemora is very different. Short for a circuit, it has a long straight and very slow corners. So every car has its strong sectors. Overtaking becomes easier for the Abarths on the straight again, but can they stay close enough to the Mazdas? And can the MX5s take advantage of the Abarths' understeer in the slow corners to get in?
Once again, the fuel and tire strategy becomes a challenge for the Abarths. This combo is new to us, so the outcome is unpredictable.

It's a multiclass and for some more excitement and action we bend the rules a bit: BLUE FLAGS CAN BE IGNORED IF THE LAPPING CAR IS FROM A DIFFERENT CLASS!

Kemora-Long87.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1.15 hour - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Kemora, Finland
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Shorter straights so the Abarth won't just be able to breeze past the Mazdas.
Well I think that from Start/Finish until T3 can be full throttle (I hope). And T10 is one of the hardest turns I know so the exit there can make a big difference.

Last edited:
This is an interesting track. Never driven or heard of it before. Feels a bit like Road Atlanta and Lime Rock Park mixed together.

I can't be the only one who on their first few runs around the track, found their way into the pit lane instead of the front straight right? :laugh:
From where I sit now (at work waiting for customers):

Yes you are :D

(That's because I myself went straight for the gravel trap several times, Pit Entry is not yet on my radar)

At this time I don't "feel" this track, doubtfull we'll develop a working relationship.

Tomorrow I'll decide if I put myself through the ringer and learn it properly.

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
I'm afraid I might have to skip this one. This track is my kryptonite. Very few braking markers, long slow corners, and less runoff than Monaco.

Great for skilled drivers I'm sure, but I'd be multiple laps down in and out the gravel if I signed up in either car.

Shame that I won't be able to race this literal home track. Nowadays the track-site is full of apartment buildings where I used to live :D Only thing standing is the old watch-tower which is turned to center of a square and it had since been renovated.

Such a cool track and it's a real shame that it doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back