MOD: Minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that we should test everything with different cars and all that, but m8, we can't drive together on our server with our cars, we all dump within a few mins. One of our members just reinstalled windows and steam and EVO and the mod and he can't even do a lap on his own without minidumping (thats the stc mod not the normal game), again this isn't me being negative its just what we are experiencing. I'm lost, I don't want everyone to think I'm complaining but I have to say whats happening to my team.

Could this be an issue in combination with version of Windows and system used?

What are you runninng within the team:

Windows XP version?
Vista version?
Windows 7 version?

Are you overclocking your CPU or graphic card?

Could this be an issue in combination with version of Windows and system used?

What are you runninng within the team:

Windows XP version?
Vista version?
Windows 7 version?

Are you overclocking your CPU or graphic card?
Every system, Xp, Vista and Windows 7, ATi and NVidia card.

I have a system which is old but stable as anything (probably because its old :) ). Never had issues, never a single problem in any of the STC races or Race07 i did, Still i got the minidumps to. No it isn't related to Hardware that i am convinced off.
My system is old but yet i can run almost at max details, even not having fast hardware.

what i just can't understand is why we have the minidumps even in practice on the STC server just before the race. But none in the race itself. Is this pure luck then ?

It is indeed something weird, and I cannot reproduce the minidumps at my will.

Yesterday I joined the server in the afternoon, and I got a minidump after 15 minutes on track. Then I rejoined, and I stayed in the server for about 3 hours without a single minidump crash. So it seems completely random. Something happens at one point and all goes boom. There's absolutely nothing I could imagine to do to try an reproduce the crash.

Some skins had strange file sizes. With "strange" I mean that they were not sized according to the Simbin specs on their read-me file. Resizing the DDS files helped a lot to load cars up. In loading screen, and when people joined the server, it was much smoother. But it didn't help at all with minidumps. I have also gone down so much on graphics, sound quality, everything I could think of... but didn't work too.

So yeah... there's the old motto that "to finish first, first you have to finish", but it's not like we're killing our engines or tyres in this case. It's sad because it creates a new level of interference in the points standings which has little to do with what we're actually competing for.

Ok, but ask me how to fix it? I have no idea... can only complain at the moment :tongue:

Oh, I would also like to add:

Been driving the original game for hours in public servers, and also the Formula Pro Series mod here from RD too, never had a minidump before. Never.

So in my case it has something to with the STC mod.

@FlatOut:

Please feel free to test on our server to see if the problem is the same there. Normally there are people on the server sun-thu nights from around 20-23 CET.
We are connected on STC teamspeak when we are on the servers.

Name: Danielsson Motorsport GH
Pw: reset to the same password as STC race server

/john

Maybe it's only the multislot mod the cause of all this mess.

Thats what i am saying for the last 1 1/2 years! :)

@Xose, why not run the STC race for once on the RD server and see if the mod still causes problems. Then at least we know the cause of these issues.

Also the operating system on a server should not be Windows 7 but windows sever edition. Maybe ask Ramon as I am pretty sure we use Windows 2003

Thats what i am saying for the last 1 1/2 years! :)

@Xose, why not run the STC race for once on the RD server and see if the mod still causes problems. Then at least we know the cause of these issues.

Also the operating system on a server should not be Windows 7 but windows sever edition. Maybe ask Ramon as I am pretty sure we use Windows 2003

For me MOD and slots patch are different issues.

One causes dumps, other causes some lag spikes, but we can't run with the second, but I know is what causes the lag, as caused it at RD before.

The server uses Windows Server x64, I add the "7" there bi mistake :)

Thinking....
If there is only 1 and 2 teams which often get minidumps, can't we allow them to run with another car model and see if it helps?

It's a long time since I had a minidump now. And I'm running with a really LOW END machine by now :)
AMD 3400+, 2Gb memory, ATI X800Pro (256Mb), Windows 7 Ultimate.
Yes, I experience some trouble with stuttering quite often and I have figured out that my processor is the bottleneck here, always run at 100% :) But still no minidumps!

Then at least we KNOW that multislot is NOT the cause of the minidump (stuttering/lag is another issue...)

(great reply/quoting john... it's a reply to FO not having multisplot patch on their training server..)

@FlatOut:

Please feel free to test on our server to see if the problem is the same there. Normally there are people on the server sun-thu nights from around 20-23 CET.
We are connected on STC teamspeak when we are on the servers.

Name: Danielsson Motorsport GH
Pw: reset to the same password as STC race server

/john

That could prove to be very helpful John, thanks.
I will try, hopefully others can too.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back