AMS2 McLaren GT1 (3x 20m sprint) @Monza 1991 => Thu Sep. 15th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I would be ok starting a little later. However I would prefer 2 longer races instead of 3 short ones. And throw the Merc and Porsche back in the pool ;)
Yes that's my thinking too. Adrian was saying the current 19:05 UTC start time for race 1 is too early so I'll make it 19:30 and two races of 30 mins with all 3 cars in play.

oh the race actually starts at 5 past the hour. I thought it was 25 past. Seems the race start delayed normally by a bit then to like 19:18 or 19:20
19:30 utc start would be good if it’s right on time

Even though I prefer the McLaren, I want others to have a choice, so I'm all for allowing any car in the class. It's a shame there is no BoP in the game, but I was wondering if we could have a gentlemans agreement that the Porsche and Merc drivers use the hard tyres to try and level the field a bit?

Last edited:
Even though I prefer the McLaren, I want others to have a choice, so I'm all for allowing any car in the class. It's a shame there is no BoP in the game, but I was wondering if we could have a gentlemans agreement that the Porsche and Merc drivers use the hard tyres to try and level the field a bit?
plus a full tank of petrol too? :rolleyes: at least I might be able to keep up with the back of the pack then. lol

Last edited:
plus a full tank of petrol too? :rolleyes: at least I might be able to keep up with the back of the pack then. lol
So....I did a quick test at Monza '91 in both the McLaren and the Merc. Short race fuel for both (15 laps), softs on the McLaren, hards on the Merc. After about 10 laps in each, I was pretty even on both with 1:35.6 in the McLaren and 1:35.4 in the Merc

@Redvaliant , @Guido Trampe - is this worth checking out a bit more?

Last edited:
As far as I know you can't force a tyre type on a car. Guido's races are default setups but you can change tyres.
yeah, I was thinking more of a gentlemans agreement in the race description

EDIT: I should add that @Guido Trampe asked if the faster drivers would pick the mclaren in previous races, but that limits peoples choices, whereas this approach means you can still pick whatever car you prefer. Of course we cannot enforce it, but the idea is to have a means to encourage closer racing throughout the field

Last edited:
So....I did a quick test at Monza '91 in both the McLaren and the Merc. Short race fuel for both (15 laps), softs on the McLaren, hards on the Merc. After about 10 laps in each, I was pretty even on both with 1:35.6 in the McLaren and 1:35.4 in the Merc

@Redvaliant , @Guido Trampe - is this worth checking out a bit more?
I'll have to check later, but IIRC the best I could do with the Macca was a low 1:37 and that was with perfect conditions. I'll have a go in the Merc and the Porky see how they perform for me, being as I'm one of the slowest.

I found the macca took me a while to get to grips with compared to the others, so getting the extra time out of it was kinda tricky, but it's also why I like it so much! :D
I've put quite a lot of hours in the Macca, one of my goto favourites is the Macca at historic Imola where I feel super confident and can really push hard, so my times at Monza are pretty much as best I can get tbh.

I've put quite a lot of hours in the Macca, one of my goto favourites is the Macca at historic Imola where I feel super confident and can really push hard, so my times at Monza are pretty much as best I can get tbh.
What track conditions do you have? I seem to remember having similar times in the P3 with you. I did another quick run against the AI and took a screenshot half way through with the temps etc...

1663440000025.png

I don't know if it's just the way I drive, but I find the AI in this combo to be really enjoyable

What track conditions do you have?
not sure, I'll have a look later, but usually for fun I use best track conditions.
I did a bit of a test last night in the Porky and only managed about the same kind of times as in the McLaren. I think I overestimated my time before as I couldn't get into the 1:37s at all this time. But in the Merc I was a good 2.5 seconds quicker and definitely felt more in control, like the car informs me better so I can get on the power earlier for those long straights. So my best time was 1:35.5xx
The prototypes, other than the P1 are a different matter and I find them a lot easier to control than most other vehicles. I wonder if a part of my slowness is due to using a 60hz monitor. Also to note that those experiences above are really before the big tyre update in 1.4 release but I feel less capable now tbh.

usually for fun I use best track conditions.
I realised when doing the last test that I could not figure out how to explicity define the track conditions. Searching for around didn't help me either. Can you only define the time/date and weather?

But in the Merc I was a good 2.5 seconds quicker and definitely felt more in control, like the car informs me better so I can get on the power earlier for those long straights. So my best time was 1:35.5xx
Was that with the hard or soft tyres?

Interesing to hear your experience with the Porsche. I find it similar to the Merc in terms of confidence with it's behaviour. I wonder if the FFB settings are at play.... I need to double check but I believe I am running a version of rFuktor with just the engine FX removed.

The prototypes, other than the P1 are a different matter and I find them a lot easier to control than most other vehicles.
It's one of the things I really like about taking part in a variety of combos as it can really level the field at times. In the old stock cars I was giving those at the front a run for their money, but in the modern mini earlier this week I was mixing it up at the back! :D

Can you only define the time/date and weather?
I usually use a fully rubbered in track and mid day with light cloud or clear conditions. Occasionally I'll mix it up with a dawn or dusk or even night time speeded up setting and sometimes a bit of rain just for a change but good visibility is important for my old eyes or I easily get eye strain.

if we continue to use these GT1s then I really should stick with the Merc as it feels better than the other two for me since the 1.4 update and I had my best race in it when we did Spa a few weeks back.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back