AC Mazda MX5@Brands Hatch, Wednesday 6th April 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

There seem to be drivers that actually like this track. I haven't got a clue why:confused:. There isn't a single corner I like on this circuit:mad::thumbsdown:. But you can't always do what you want so for that strange breed of racers here's the BrandsHatch event. Unfortunately as the host I have to sign up myself:(.

Brands-HatchGP03.42809908430a6663c97b2ee38cce2ca7.png

So join us for another exciting a dreadful race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post here and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: BrandsHatch, UK
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
@JamKart22 I hope you're fast on Brands, Colin (I'm not) and that you will stay way ahead of me. After this week and the classic F1 events on Tuesday, I'm going to need a nice, relaxing race.

This race is exactly a year on from my first multiclass race, also on this track. I am going to take the Audi again to, hopefully, see how much I have improved.

Only issue is that I may have to withdraw nearer the race, depending on RL stuff.

Hy Han,

Am I the only one who senses a certain ambiguity against Brands Hatch? :cool:

MFG Carsten
Hi Carsten,

Nice topic for this thread. So let me go into it and hopefully encourage others to post their opinion.

It's clearly something like "you either love it or you hate it", yes.
I don't like the T2 T3 T4 combination at the Nurnburgring but the rest is very nice, even the "hold your breath" chicane at the finish.

But at Brands every corner has only one good racing line and if you don't get it exactly, you lose a lot of time on the next straight. And if you get a little off track with a tire, you'll go off so hard that your race will be ruined right away. I think it's great and challenging for the excellent drivers, but for a mortal like me it's either going slow or praying for every corner or sitting out a ruined race for God knows how long.

I don't remember driving this with the Mazda, so maybe it's ok with that car, but with a GT3 it's terrible.
I even remember switching from my 488 to the Z4 for once to have a car with better control.

There are more tracks that I don't like but Brands is by far at the top of that list.
Seeing the sign ups now, it probably will be the Audi again for me:(. Not very nice with the build-in understeer.
So NOT looking forward to see you Wednesday (for non personal reasons of course:D).

Mvg Han

Last edited:
To be honest I'm only complaining to read my own texts:rolleyes:

As you saw I'm already registered and had an ok ish practice Session yesterday.

Only Westfield still completely eludes me.

So:

we will meet again, my friend.
(and if its up to me drive what you want, you are not everybodies keeper)

MFG Carsten

Hi Carsten,

Nice topic for this thread. So let me go into it and hopefully encourage others to post their opinion.

It's clearly something like "you either love it or you hate it", yes.
I don't like the T2 T3 T4 combination at the Nurnburgring but the rest is very nice, even the "hold your breath" chicane at the finish.

But at Brands every corner has only one good racing line and if you don't get it exactly, you lose a lot of time on the next straight. And if you get a little off track with a tire, you'll go off so hard that your race will be ruined right away. I think it's great and challenging for the excellent drivers, but for a mortal like me it's either going slow or praying for every corner or sitting out a ruined race for God knows how long.

I don't remember driving this with the Mazda, so maybe it's ok with that car, but with a GT3 it's terrible.
I even remember switching from my 488 to the Z4 for once to have a car with better control.

There are more tracks that I don't like but Brands is by far at the top of that list.
Seeing the sign ups now, it probably will be the Audi again for me:(. Not very nice with the build-in understeer.
So NOT looking forward to see you Wednesday (for non personal reasons of course:D).

Mvg Han
I get what you are saying about Brands Hatch. I only drove the Indy prior to last year and enjoyed it in lower powered cars.

For whatever reason I enjoy it, even though I find it as tough as you describe.

I have hotlapped in the Mazda and raced the Audi, both have their challenges.

Regarding the Audi understeer, I have a setup that is quite balanced. Not sure how I got it that way, though...

Sooo what is a decent time for the Mazda for this track??If someone could Pm me or on Discord,see if im worthy of giving it a go..
Come on, just take a risk as all we plebs do.
If you only join races you are certain to win you miss out on live itself.
(Crushing disappointment and such things)

So man up and take a stand

1,5sec, you have your track cred to defend :cool:

MFG Carsten

Last edited:

Latest News

Back