Logitech PRO wheel. Logitech enters the Direct Drive market.

Wilko Jones

Premium
This caught me by surprise. Logitech announced (or they plan to announce) the PRO Racing wheel, their 11NM entry to direct drive. It's going to cost £849.00 and will be compatible PC, Playstation and Xbox depending on which version you get.

The pedals they are selling, are pretty interesting. Those cost
£299.00 and together the base and pedals will cost a whopping £1,148.00.

For anyone who were waiting for Logitech to enter the Direct Drive market, it looks like they finally made the move.

The ball is now in Thrustmaster's court

Delisted YT video...

Last edited:
Man I can't believe how many choices there are now. I'll be surprised if the market doesn't get oversaturated. I mean how big of a pie does sim racing offer.I won't mind seeing all of them thrive I'll just be surprised really.

Not to take this too far off-topic, but Micro Center is a brick and mortar retailer which has grasped sim racing in a big way. In addition to the aforementioned TM and Logitech offerings, MC offers Simucube Pro and Sport DD wheels, Heusinkveld accessories (sadly only Ultimate pedals and not Sprints), Sim Labs chassis, even a $1100+ Sparco seat.

11 NM is good, amazed that they believe a desk clamp is adequate. Lack of interchangeable wheels is weak. Plastic pedals don't make the cut at all. Overall, I could see myself getting the wheel, but not the pedals.

Update:
Watched random callsign's Youtube review and discovered that it's limited to 1080 degrees of rotation, so leaves a sour taste.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Boosted Media review

Looks great, quick release suggests more wheels are coming. Overall great consumer grade intro into DD segment with support for PC and all consoles. Price a bit stingy comparing to competitors, but this is MSRP, I expect street price with all the sales to be more attractive.
We'll see what would be TM response.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past, I have used Logitech G coupon codes of up to 25% off through Tickets at Work discounts.

Even with a 25% cost reduction, I would not be an early adopter of the Logi DD.

Simucube 2 pro is the only way to be serious for 1400€.
1000€ for a plastic Logitech DD seems to be a joke.
Simucube 2 sport destroys this, but I recommend a Simucube 2 pro.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Simucube 2 pro is the only way to be serious for 1400€.
1000€ for a plastic Logitech DD seems to be a joke.
Simucube 2 sport destroys this, but I recommend a Simucube 2 pro.
Pretty sure they are just testing water if they can charge that much, time will make its adjustments. And again, Logitech is a big player everyone knows, but so is TM, now TM is in peculiar position, either their wheelbase must be of a better build quality or higher torque, or they need to cut the price below what Logitech is trying to charge. May be offer better price on bundles.
Anyway, exciting times, wake up call for GD folks.

Just had a better read (on the English site! Lol...).
With 11 Nm and an included table clamp it seems like Logitech perfectly hits the spot between the csl dd and the dd1/simucube range.

Fanatec missed the opportunity to seal that market too with a csw dd and a clubsport level mclaren-style wheel.

Thrustmaster will be announcing the reveal date of the first pictures at the end of the year, lol...

Moza, vrs and accuforce are in this 8-15 Nm range but they aren't big players, no local infrastructure and many people aren't willing to "risk & trust" them.

It feels like Logitech knew that Moza and vrs would join the market and that the csl dd would sell instantly.

So they waited for the csl dd to be out of stock and for the first hype around the others to settle.
Then waited for the next "reveal" from Thrustmaster and since that was a turd again, they now released the logitech 11nm dd, perfectly sitting alone in that spot of the market, getting it ready to be shown everywhere before Christmas to grab the biggest market share they can get.

At least that's what I would've done :D

I have to say that it's tempting!
You have to take a 30cm D-shape rim with magnetic shifting and dual clutch paddles and an included quick release off from the price tag!
That wheel is similar to the Porsche 30cm wheel with clubsport hub + podium module from fanatec.
And that costs 499€!

I think Simagic is a better alternative in this price range, sturdier (looking) metal wheel bases and much nicer wheels, especially the new ones.

Wrong specs, wrong price and wrong target. Nobody who loves simracing to the point of spending 1000€ would consider a Logitech, when you can get a Simucube 2 Pro for a little more, a system which has already been tested and has good software, good support, etc. They should have aimed at something more like a entry DD wheel to compete with Simagic or Moza, with the advantage of the brand name and a stronger marketing. But for that, they have to adjust the specs or the price to something more sensible for the mass of potential buyers.

• Deleted member 197115

Spec and target audience look right, the price is off, but again with steering wheel included which usually another $500-700 plus cost of wheel rim, not that far stretched. Ability to use on PC and any console system is a big plus for average Joe mass consumer, for every AC user there are like few thousands in Forza and GT, this market is huge.
And it looks promising in Boosted Media review, clean looking SW, some telemetry driven effects support, overall very nice force feedback feeling, not to the point of replacing my SC2 Pro, but for non hardcore enthusiasts looking for DD option it might be a very good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spec and target audience look right, the price is off, but again with steering wheel included which usually another $500-700 plus cost of wheel rim, not that far stretched. Ability to use on PC and any console system is a big plus for average Joe mass consumer, for every AC user there are like few thousands in Forza and GT, this market is huge.
And it looks promising in Boosted Media review, clean looking SW, some telemetry driven effects support, overall very nice force feedback feeling, not to the point of replacing my SC2 Pro, but for non hardcore enthusiasts looking for DD option it might be a very good choice.
Agreed. Honestly, if I didn’t already buy into the Fanatec eco-system, I’d jump on this.

Logitech arguably has the strongest support on any game given sheer market muscle, there is no major concern of issues or workarounds needed on any current or new game. Hell, I think Need for Speed only supports Logitech wheels the last couple entries natively(and I know this is a sim forum, but millions play that just like Forza Horizon). And speaking of Horizon, hard not to forget Fanatec gear was incompatible without desktop crashes for six months when FH5 launched. Emuwheel or ancient dated drivers required while Logitech and Thrustmaster enjoyed the fun without issue. Just happens too often outside of the mature sims.

Also, even on my DD2 it’s rare I ever go above 50% FFB(12-ish nm) so 11 is a decent sweet spot. i have way too much overhead for quite a price premium delta as-is!

I liked Trueforce when trying out the G923 a year or so ago. It was hobbled on a low powered wheel with no gain adjust, but the effect worked well in GT Sport. Not surprised it seems to mostly impress in reviews on a more capable hardware setup. Having a bit of added feedback was additive.

Yknow I think I’m just trying to convince myself to buy a second living room rig for the consoles…

Last edited:
Well, this is a great news. And a good one. Logitech. When I, as simracer, hear Logitech in my mind came one word. Reliability. Plenty of G25 and G27 are used even now by simracers.
So, having the three big in game it is a good thing for us, the users.
And about market saturation? I don't know. Maybe it is saturated with 1,000-1,500 euros products.
From months I keep hit F5 on Fanatec page and CSL DD is "Out of stock"
Looks like the market is pretty large (for 500 euro wheels) and nobody want that piece of pie. Please, take my money, pretty please !!!! What, nobody ????

Last edited:
After watching the random callsign video , I think it was ridiculously stupid for them to keep the 2 leh thingies at the base of the wheel, it will be so problematic when different people using different rigs or stands have issue mounting it. That is a huge no for me.

11 NM is good, amazed that they believe a desk clamp is adequate. Lack of interchangeable wheels is weak. Plastic pedals don't make the cut at all. Overall, I could see myself getting the wheel, but not the pedals.

Update:
Watched random callsign's Youtube review and discovered that it's limited to 1080 degrees of rotation, so leaves a sour taste.

I bought one but I assume that anyone who would spend 1200 on a wheel and pedals would have a cockpit. I have mine screwed into the the GT Omega Prime standard wheel plate so no need for the clamp. Unlike older Logitech bases it has a screw hole mount near the front of the base. The pedals are not plastic . They are extremely rigid,smooth,quiet,easy to adjust (springs,etc) and simple to mount. I have owned every Fanatec pedal set along with several third party pedals so not basing my judgement on a picture. If you buy the combo it's $1262 plus tax in the US free shipping. The DD Pro 8nm with the Mclaren V2 metal quick release and the new CSL Elite pedals is $1200 US plus shipping costs. Maybe this info will improve your taste buds

Latest News

Back