AC Legends Ford 34@Brands Hatch Indy, Tue 18th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1665521834628.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

After an exhausting championshiprace it's now time to relax in a fun way. The Ford ‘34 Coupe can deliver fun and excitement to Rookies and Pros alike. Its Yamaha engine powers the car quickly to compensate for its 1100 lb. weight. With the weight being under 1 US Ton (2000 lbs, 907 kg), this tiny car remains a popular short-track racing vehicle to many people that go to those tracks. Not a very fast racecar but to the fans, action and good fun matters the most. It's family of the Ford '33 Coupe 'Eliminator' that you may know from the videoclip of ZZ Top's song 'Gimme All Your Loving'. The chosen short track is Brands Hatch Indy.

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.
1665522403805.png

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.)
It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: same as last week, otherwise send me a pm
  • Race server: S.GP Password: same as practice server
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Legend Ford 34 Coupe
  • Track: Brands Hatch Indy
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Hi guys! I wanted to drive this car with H-shifter in order to keep on getting used to it. However, I can't shift. Isn't the car prepared for it? I've tried other cars to see if controls were a trouble but no, they worked.
Probably because they use a Yamaha motorcycle engine/gearbox which is sequential IRL.
However, IRL they don't have a reverse gear unlike this mod in AC!:rolleyes:.

Am losing the will to live here guys. Could someone please persuade me that all the effort i am giving this plastic pig to make it behave is worth it. Is this not supposed to be a fun hobby or am i getting it confused with board games
It's definitely worth it. We will have FUN!

Hi folks - I've grabbed the content. Can i get the server password? Looking forward to it !
Hi Colin,

You're very welcome! As you are new with us, please read everything in the first post very carefully, especially our rules in the link.

I'll send you a PM with the passwords.

Classic first lap accordion effect :redface: Sorry to those I outbraked behind me. Found myself staring at a driver side door instead of tail lights all of a sudden :confused::laugh:

Outside of that little dust up, had some really good laps with a variety of drivers today. Good pace following Neal and Colin to catch up to Han and others. Really fun trying to find that line between speed and tire spin and beating the guy in front to getting the throttle down.

Also, I think it was Jari, your cars livery had a giant owl staring back at on the trunk lid, which was fun to follow behind :roflmao:

Good choice Han. Would run these again at a similar type track. Even maybe a short oval could be fun for 30/45 min :coffee:

Good racing all, see you tomorrow for the championship

well that was a lot of fun, thanks Han for a great combo. I had some great battles either chasing someone of keeping someone at bay or a bit of both, had a nice consistent pace and finished 6th (started 9th). Over fueled again by 5 liters or might have got a bit higher. And I liked the multi pit stops, gave a proper break so I could adjust my cooling fan. haha. Some good clean and respectful racing too. "Happy happy joy joy"

Latest News

Back