rF2 LADA VFTS @ Tsukuba - Thu 25 Jul 2024

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm interested in joining, as I enjoy driving the Lada, but I still seem to be have an ongoing problem with this car in rFactor2. I've also watched the RD/Overtake youtube video of the Norising race streamed by Roy, where I noticed that @Paul_V had low framerates & had to drop out, so I'm wondering if there is more people struggling with the same problem I have - where the GPU load is @ Max & the power draw is around 40% in offline tests & significantly worse in online race conditions.
1440p Lada Tsukuba 20 cars.jpg

I'm running a 4070 ti (max power draw around 280w) & 5800X3D setup. I'd be very grateful if someone could test their own setup, in terms of gpu load/power draw. That way I'd know if the problem is at my end or the mod.

I'm interested in joining, as I enjoy driving the Lada, but I still seem to be have an ongoing problem with this car in rFactor2. I've also watched the RD/Overtake youtube video of the Norising race streamed by Roy, where I noticed that @Paul_V had low framerates & had to drop out, so I'm wondering if there is more people struggling with the same problem I have - where the GPU load is @ Max & the power draw is around 40% in offline tests & significantly worse in online race conditions.
View attachment 770844

I'm running a 4070 ti (max power draw around 280w) & 5800X3D setup. I'd be very grateful if someone could test their own setup, in terms of gpu load/power draw. That way I'd know if the problem is at my end or the mod.
I can test this for you, @pattikins . I have a 3950x and a 3090.

I think the 4070 Ti is about the same in performance as the 3090, but I just need the name of the software you are using for the test because I am not familiar with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the benchmark. I must say that I'm even more confused. Mine was @ 1440p & far from max settings. However, your power consumption looks like it's on the limit, but doesn't seem to tally with GPU load/'Time in GPU load limit'. It would be interesting to compare your result for the Lada compared to a stock rfactor car.

I've retested @ 1440p x 3 (which is closer to the VR resolution that I use) & I'm still no nearer to my card's power limit with the Lada, despite 100% gpu load.

1440p x 3 Lada Tsukuba 20 cars.jpg

By way of comparison, this is my result for MSFS @ the above resolution:
MSFS 1440p x 3 test.jpg

Last edited:
@pattikins
This is with your settings but in 4K. Lada at Tsubuka.
lada tsubuka.png

This is Alpine at Suzuka.
alpine suzuka.png

This is Formula Vee at Lime Rock.
formula vee lime rock.png

Edit: Have you tried it with clean driver install?

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time out to do the testing. I've got some time off work next week & I'll do a fresh driver install & reinstall rFactor 2 aswell - I don't recall having to reinstall the game, not since the day I bought it (moved it from HDD to SSD recently) 10 years ago. It is probably over due. That said, in terms of all the games I own, it's only rFactor that gives me any grief & in particular, the Lada.

Incidently, the zero 'Time in GPU load limit (%)' in all your tests, from my limited understanding of CapFrameX, points to a cpu 'bottleneck', even @ 4k.

Thanks for taking the time out to do the testing. I've got some time off work next week & I'll do a fresh driver install & reinstall rFactor 2 aswell - I don't recall having to reinstall the game, not since the day I bought it (moved it from HDD to SSD recently) 10 years ago. It is probably over due. That said, in terms of all the games I own, it's only rFactor that gives me any grief & in particular, the Lada.

Incidently, the zero 'Time in GPU load limit (%)' in all your tests, from my limited understanding of CapFrameX, points to a cpu 'bottleneck', even @ 4k.
No problem at all, glad I could help. Yea my CPU isn't really a gaming CPU, but I have the game capped at 83 fps and it works good enough. I hope you fix your issue as rFactor 2 can be finicky to get it working OK.

I did a test as well @pattikins
3080ti, 1440p and capped to 60FPS. Solely because back during covid, with the almost 40 car LMP2/GTE or GT3 fields on the newest tracks back then, it ate up FPS like I eat Oreos!

With the exception of the weird one between 50 and 55 sec, the low fps bits at the start and end is probably joining track, and escaping from track.
1721856981293.png

Latest News

Back