rF2 LADA VFTS @ Tsukuba - Thu 25 Jul 2024

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Club Staff
Premium
lada-jpg.655364

Welcome to the rFactor2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server Password:
Sent via PM when you sign up.

We highly recommend that you use an app called Crew Chief. It's an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Voice chat is on Discord. Please join us - we'll do our very best to make you feel welcome - MORE INFO
HERE

Server Name: Overtake.gg LADA

Cars: Lada VFTS (Steam)
Track: Tsukuba - (Steam)

Schedule: (EU) Thursday 25 July 2024
Practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 19:20 UTC (4 minutes - SuperPole)
Warm Up 1: 19:25 UTC (4 minutes)
Race 1: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Qualifying 2: 19:50UTC (4 Minutes - SuperPole)
Warm Up 2: 19:55 UTC (4 minutes)
Race 2: 20:00 UTC (15 minutes)

Tsukuba2000-01.png

Entry List - 25 slots
  1. Roy Magnes
  2. GeekyDeaks
  3. Kresh
  4. Denis Betty
  5. max1966i
  6. Daniel R.
  7. Luca Ciarfella
  8. Hartmut2
  9. Ole Marius Myrvold
  10. Jim Carvalho
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free Slot
  20. Free Slot
  21. Free Slot
  22. Free Slot
  23. Free Slot
  24. Free Slot
  25. Free Slot

I remember this track from back in the days when I had a 1 year subscription on iracing. It was one of my favorites. I'm not to familiar with RF2, anything special to take care of when racing online?
I'd say avoid punting people off the road (like I did at Lap 1 of the previous race we did) and driving respectfully will go a long way, but the most important thing is having fun :)

Last edited:
I'd say avoid punting people off the road (like I did at Lap 1 of the previous race we did) and being respectfully will go a long way, but the most important thing is having fun :)
All very good advice.... however.... I suspect Kees might be asking about specifics with rF2 as he has raced with us in other sims quite often and is a very respectful driver. I'd actually be interested to know if there are any tips too.... I think I'm up to speed on the important stuff, but I still haven't figured out a decent HUD to use in VR and I'm sure there are other QoL things I should be trying out.

All very good advice.... however.... I suspect Kees might be asking about specifics with rF2 as he has raced with us in other sims quite often and is a very respectful driver. I'd actually be interested to know if there are any tips too.... I think I'm up to speed on the important stuff, but I still haven't figured out a decent HUD to use in VR and I'm sure there are other QoL things I should be trying out.
Ah, good point!
I only use the default stuff in the game myself, so I am not really the guy to ask for any extra tips :redface:

I remember this track from back in the days when I had a 1 year subscription on iracing. It was one of my favorites. I'm not to familiar with RF2, anything special to take care of when racing online?

Oh. Let's see if I can remember some of the quirks, there's quite a few, but I'm so used to rF2 these days that I cannot remember what's rF2 and what's just normal.

• You have an option in the game for loading cars. (or maybe it is just in the player.json file), which means you can force the game to load in cars when people join the server. E.g you are on the server, and I join, then you can force the game to load in my car, but this will cause a small freeze, and you will lose time. Or you can load in a temp car, but that will not have lights etc.
  • Car setup: Lowest tyre pressures, regardless. (Only mod I know that advices not to is the Gr.C mod, but honestly, idk how real that is)
  • Pay slight attention to when the race session starts, you have 1 min to join the grid, there will not be any "TEN SECONDS LEFT!!!!" warning or anything.
  • We very very rarely have pit-stops in our Thursday club races, but if we do, note if the pit MFD says "+" or not, e.g if it adds or shows the total. E.g if you pit, and 20l of fuel and it says "+40" you will add 40 liters. There is a setting to change this (again in the player.json I guess), where you change it to "what fuel after stop".
  • Lap counter is how far you have driven, so if it says 1.2/10 laps, then you have done 1 lap and are on your way on lap 2. Which means 9.1/10 is the last lap, the finish is when it hits 10. I know many games show what lap you are on. rF2 starts at 0. It shows how much you have done.
  • Custom liveries, in the settings in the game, you can enable or disable custom liveries. Me and Roy often use custom liveries, but if you don't want to download and see them, just disable the custom livery download.
  • If you get a penalty (DT/S&G) during praccy*, qual or warm-up. Just ignore it. It should be set up that you have to serve it within 30 laps. It does not carry over, and you can set times while carrying a penalty.
    *If you plan to do more than 30 laps in that practice session, you must serve it.
  • If you get DQ'd in a practice session, just change car (you can do that while on the server), if it doesn't work, just leave and rejoin with a different livery, and you are all good. You can change livery whenever you want during practice. After that you are stuck with it.
  • We use superpole for some events (like this) - 1 warmup, and 1 hotlap. Don't do like @GeekyDeaks and get tricked by the lap counter and do 2 hotlaps, that's a DQ.
That was a lot, but at the same time, quite a few of these things are very specific and might not even be useful for this event.

Is that for real?!?

Yup.

I genuinely feel like rF2 is still the sim that feels most correct when driving.
However, tyre pressures... not good.

EDIT: This is why you'll see quite a few default setups, like in the GTRevival mod thingy, being at the lowest possible tyre pressure ;)

EDIT2: To clarify further. The newest DLC cars that got the reworked tyres (so GTE, GT3, LMP2, DPi, BTCC at least), should be a bit more varied in terms of tyre pressure, but often the time loss of higher pressure is bigger than what you gain from lower temps and less wear.
For the majority of mods it's low pressure ftw.

Latest News

Back