AC Karting at Silverstone@GPK-Silverstone, Tuesday 28th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I was going to back out, but have decided to ignore the DRS thing, the car then becomes fun ( still hectic ). For me, the DRS just makes it stupidly too hectic.:)
Totally agree. I first tried the MAD 3 karts which are too fast imo. But when recently this kart became available I really began to like it. Just don't back out before you've done at least 5 laps.

Just wondering for those of you who aren't getting on with the car - are you guys practicing with the regular model or the Evo? The Evo is absolutely ridiculous, and I agree that it's far too much, but the more restricted version being used tonight is more manageable in my opinion.

EDIT: Re-worded for clarity

Last edited:
Just wondering for those who aren't getting on with the car, are you guys running the regular model or the Evo? The Evo is absolutely ridiculous, and I agree that it's far too much, but the more restricted version (which I believe is the one being used tonight) is much more manageable in my opinion.
MFT01 which is the slowest MAD Formula kart available on S.GP.

These are certainly different from what we are used to, the corners come up so quick and the change of direction gives (me anyway) a real G-force feel. But for those who are new to these little pocket rockets, just take it steady to start with, give it 10 minutes to calibrate your brain to the grip and corner speed and you will be surprised what these can do.

It's a bit like real karting, very small inputs to steering and throttle and keep up momentum.

These are certainly different from what we are used to, the corners come up so quick and the change of direction gives (me anyway) a real G-force feel. But for those who are new to these little pocket rockets, just take it steady to start with, give it 10 minutes to calibrate your brain to the grip and corner speed and you will be surprised what these can do.

It's a bit like real karting, very small inputs to steering and throttle and keep up momentum.
Very well put, Paul!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sadly for me this wasn't fun at all... But first, Richard Barratt, I'm terribly sorry for having pushed your car around in lap 1. My eyes must have been on holidays or something. I hope your race improved from then on. Continued racing at the back.

Then in lap 5, sector one I thought I'd do an overtake on the inside but got turned around myself. I think I would have made the corner easily, so not divebombing and my car was nicely in front of theirs, but my eyes may have extended their holiday here. Anyways, this time it was me whose car got turned around by another driver. So back into last position again.

One lap later I did catch up to the two in front of me who were battling, and it was me AGAIN who touched someone's car ever so slightly (I think it was Colin. I'm so sorry!) and the race was pretty much over for him and me. He did a ragequit (understandably, and he might still be angry at me... Sorry, sorry, my bad.)

And I did a shame quit.

That was it for me. Never again will I get into this car.

Hope you guys had a better race!

Last edited:
Apology to all I held up, but I saw my new Career as a mobile chicane, so i did my best at my new Job.:unsure:

Unpaid addmidly.
45D5E7BC-D6D6-4155-A066-F54A75B946BB.jpeg

Last edited:
I went from p2 to p7 and when I exited the race AC said I got the "most remarkable progress" award :cautious::laugh:

Besides completely messing up my pit stops and finding out the grass is very very hard to get off, the first bunch of laps that were with the group were incredibly intense :thumbsup: Thanks for putting it together Han

I'll be out for revenge in a "real race car" on Thursday :D

Last edited:
Wow! That was an intense race. I think I've lost a few kilos in sweat.

As an inexperienced racer, I seem to be facing brand new challenges for the first time on a near-constant basis, often using cars and tracks I've never seen/driven before. Maybe that was a bit of an advantage tonight, because I didn't really have the problems with this car that some of the faster and more experienced racers were reporting.

Firstly, I somehow stuck this bonkers little lawnmower on pole - my first front row start in any online race - by a couple of milliseconds. I was honestly shaking at the end of that session.

What surprised me even more is that I had some race pace on top. From the back, Fulvio made his way through the pack in a flash and proceeded to set the most unbelievable pace at the front, so the fight was for P2. I focused on keeping my head down and after about 25 minutes and one or two lapses in concentration, I headed for my stop knowing that Han wasn't far behind. The stop had to be perfect. It wasn't. I provided myself with a timely reminder that I am still a rookie by overshooting my box and having to kick it into reverse :roflmao:

That was more than enough for Han to keep 2nd after his stop, and the task was then to hunt him down. I threw down quali lap after quali lap to close the gap, occasionally costing myself a few seconds with a some desperate manoeuvres (apologies again for the lunge Ernie!). Han had of course driven brilliantly throughout, and there was no way I could pressure him into an error.

Despite closing right up in the final sector I lacked the pace/skill/cojones to make any bold moves into Stowe or Club, but I was more than happy with third, comfortably beating my highest ever RD finish.

Thanks once again to everyone on-track for some great racing, and particularly Han for organising the event and providing some really intense closing laps!

I need a long shower now :D

Sadly for me this wasn't fun at all... But first, Richard Barratt, I'm terribly sorry for having pushed your car around in lap 1. My eyes must have been on holidays or something. I hope your race improved from then on. Continued racing at the back.

Then in lap 5, sector one I thought I'd do an overtake on the inside but got turned around myself. I think I would have made the corner easily, so not divebombing and my car was nicely in front of theirs, but my eyes may have extended their holiday here. Anyways, this time it was me whose car got turned around by another driver. So back into last position again.

One lap later I did catch up to the two in front of me who were battling, and it was me AGAIN who touched someone's car ever so slightly (I think it was Colin. I'm so sorry!) and the race was pretty much over for him and me. He did a ragequit (understandably, and he might still be angry at me... Sorry, sorry, my bad.)

And I did a shame quit.

That was it for me. Never again will I get into this car.

Hope you guys had a better race!
Don't feel too bad, these are very responsive cars and easy to misjudge a move.

Not so much a rage quit, I got a bit lost in the outfield and couldn't get back on the track. So not much point hanging around.

That was manic! Well done all, I was all fingers and thumbs trying to work out if I was gearchanging or DRSing!
Thanks Han for waiting after the bump at the last chicane, I was asleep at the wheel through there.

Congrats to the podium and especially Danny on the first visit to the top three, I’m sure there will be many more.:thumbsup:
I’m away now for a few days and will miss the bread-van race so good luck all for the next three Silverstone visits.

Great race last night! I did quite some practicing during the week but without DRS. So when I joined the server and I saw the laptimes of Paul I couldn't believe it. He was 5s faster then my PB! I finally got DRS to work and my laptimes improved. I set a new PB during qually which was enough for 5th place.

I used DRS right away at the start and it looked like I could get 3rd with it but something went wrong in T3 and I went onto the grass. I rejoined as last and started my 'favorite or better usual' game of catching up and overtaking. The first few cars were easy but when in 4th behind Paul it became intens. I was only slightly faster so it took quite some time before I was on his tail. In the Club chicane Paul did brake a bit unexpected for me and I hit him, causing him to spin. I waited and after that it looked like he couldn't find his pace anymore and I managed to overtake him. Danny was next in 2nd (Fulvio was on another planet) but his pace was better so I settled for 3rd. He must have made some mistakes because suddenly the gap was only 4s when he entered the pits. He overshot his pitbox so after my pitstop I was in front of him with a 3,5s gap. He was faster and was closing in. When in Ernie got a blue flag from us and we got one from Fulvio it became a bit complex but it turned out good for me because the gap to Danny was again 3,5s. He managed to close it again so we had a very intense two last laps. I finished 2nd which felt not deserved as Danny was clearly faster but I'll take it anyway.

Thanks all for joining. With a full grid these races can be epic!
I think I will organize for once a race with this car on Wednesday so all the regulars can experience this too.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back