AC Karting at Silverstone@GPK-Silverstone, Tuesday 28th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.
1655833386187.png

We're using Tuesdays to try things out. Recently some new karts have become available on S.GP and the slowest of them is very suited for the GPK tracks that @Nitro McClean made.
So this week we begin the Silverstone week with this excellent mod. You'll be amazed how much it resembles the F1 experience. It was great fun in testing and wit a filled grid this can be night to remember.

So sign up here: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/HK5Z3tITEGrSI5_YDpZFf
(Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Server information:

• Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 75 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:45 CEST, 20:45 BST (19:45 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: MFT01 "Phoenix"
  • Track: GPK Silverstone, UK
  • Pit stop: Mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 15 minutes.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp
All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Useful Links:

Attachments

• 1655833012572.png
    1655833012572.png
    590.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I'm in :D I love the Ligiers on these tiny tracks, so some proper karting with this insane creation from MFT sounds ideal.

I watched a video about this car earlier today (assuming we're using the same model) - it's full of fans at the back to facilitate active ground effect, reminiscent of that crazy 70s Brabham that was apparently flinging stones at Mario Andretti. Apparently you can enable/disable the fans at will, which sounds equal parts exciting and deadly.

EDIT: Just had a few practice laps, these are a lot of fun, especially when you get to grips with the 'DRS' fan switch :geek:

Last edited:
Any suggestions how to modify steering sensitivity so that it doesn't feel like a switch? I have a CSL DD and have tried adjusting steering angle to max and tried the Auto setting - still very edgy - or is that just how it is?

Last edited:
Any suggestions how to modify steering sensitivity so that it doesn't feel like a switch? I have a CSL DD and have tried adjusting steering angle to max and tried the Auto setting - still very edgy - or is that just how it is?
I fear, that's just how it is. (As far as I remember, it's even mentioned on the page of the mod creator somewhere)

It feels quite real with a kart in real life. But it's so different from normal cars that you need about 5 laps to get used to it. But it's great! I get a true F1 feeling from it with loads of grip and very responsive steering. And you can use the kerbs (deadly with the baguette transporter)! And this kart has also DRS but I didn't get it working.

Assign a button to DRS and the DRS light should come on when you switch it on. It's suppose to switch the fans off to reduce drag. So use it on the straights. DRS switches off automatically when you steer quickly or hit the breaks.

I watched the fans from outside the car and they still stay spinning - so not sure it's it has much effect. Still managed to go a few secs quicker though.

i have a DRS button tagged on my wheel from AC menu.
how it works I do not know just kept pressing it on the straights, the car is about 3 or 4 seconds faster. don't use it in the corners though.

Last edited:
From the mod page...

Driving tips​

• Powered ground effects are the main source of downforce and drag on the car (up to 60% of downforce of the total car). Get used to using DRS (which deactivates the fans to increase top speed), but make sure the fans turn on when entering turns (either by braking or manually pressing the DRS button). The car also has a system which will turn fans on automatically if it detects a big steering input to avoid spins, but it isn’t bulletproof.
  • For best offline experience, limit your DRS usage to the areas where the AI uses it. Furthermore, there is an issue with the AI, which pit on the last laps of races. Please disable fuel burn as unfortunately there isn't a fix to this problem
  • Make sure ABS settings is in "Factory" or "Off"
  • The car does not feature power steering, so FFB will be strong
  • Tyres are very sensitive to track and ambient conditions. Play with tyre pressures to make sure tyres stay at an optimal temperature range
  • Read the Beginner’s Setup Guide included in the mod for more information. (Thanks to Guus van Doremalen for creating the document)

Assign a button to DRS and the DRS light should come on when you switch it on. It's suppose to switch the fans off to reduce drag. So use it on the straights. DRS switches off automatically when you steer quickly or hit the breaks.

I watched the fans from outside the car and they still stay spinning - so not sure it's it has much effect. Still managed to go a few secs quicker though.
I did assign a button on my wheel but no DRS light doesn't come on.
There's a yellow DRS sign at the bottom and a grey DRS sign on top of the dashboard. Which one is it?

EDIT: the yellow one is from an app I'm using so not part of the dashboard.

Last edited:
So far in my testing, I've found if you're turning the wheel at all when you press DRS it doesn't trigger on, and if you have it on and you turn sharply, it turns off (must be that auto brake fan feature?) On sidekick it shows green when on. Looks like theres a yellow dash light on the car labeled DRS that goes yellow when on (if you can see it with your FOV)

After reading the guide, I think I was using the DRS the opposite how they said :x3:, I was treating it more like the boost on LMP1 cars. Press it coming out of a turn (but you have to make sure you're not still turning too much or it doesn't go on). Worked ok for me though and I managed to cut a good 6 seconds off my previous time :coffee:

Can confirm though, if you get on it too early out of a turn and it engages, you're going spinning :) No idea if the non evo model (without DRS?) would be any "easier".

Last edited:
When I originally tested the MFTC3 for the F1 Drive to survive championship, I initially thought that the steering was over sensitive. But like Han said, it took a few laps to recalibrate my brain to the grip levels and small inputs to the wheel. (you should try Monaco in these.......Insane!)

Now I don't make any changes to wheel degrees but just do a few laps and use very small wheel movements.

The cornering speed and downforce seems to replicate the real thing but the DRS fans (Dyson Reconditioning Suction :D ) do add another element. Should be fun, just need a full grid!

45 minutes will be tough, might need two fuel stops!! :confused:

Last edited:
Guys, there's a new version of the track on S.GP (1.1) so make sure you have updated it. I've already updated the practice server with 1.1.

There's a yellow DRS sign at the bottom and a grey DRS sign on top of the dashboard. Which one is it?

The 'DRS' just worked out of the box for me, I had the function mapped to a wheel button via Content Manager and off I went. No special setup required other than that as far as I'm aware. There's a green light on the kart itself on the right hand side that (if I remember correctly) lights up when DRS is available in use.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back