AC Jidé 1600 S @ Brands Hatch GP, Tue 22nd October 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Club Staff
Premium
Screenshot 2024-10-11 092146.jpg

Welcome to the OT Racing Club.

I'm creating this post earlier than usual to give us chance to discuss this combo in advance.

We're going to try out a new car this week, recommended by @gearwhine . This great little car was inspired by the Ford GT40 and already has a lot of fans since being released for AC. We'll give it a run out on the short Brands Hatch Indy course to give you chance to get to know the car. We can switch to the full course nearer the race date if folks prefer. Now changed to full GP course.
Brands-HatchGP03.png

There are a great set of skins available...

präsentation1jide.jpg

If you find more skins then let me know.

@H_Belane has also kindly offered to create you a custom skin if you ask nicely and supply a sample theme. Just drop him a PM...

preview.jpg
preview.jpg

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: RaceDepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 18:00 UTC, 19:00 BST, 20:00 CUET | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 19:05 UTC, 20:05 BST, 21:05 CUET | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:30 UTC, 20:30 BST, 21:30 CUET | 30 minutes - Race 1
  • 20:05 UTC, 21:05 BST, 22:05 CUET | 30 minutes - Race 2
  • All results from the 1st Race will be reversed to form the 2nd Race grid
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Track: Brands Hatch Indy (Kunos)
  • Car: Jidé 1600 S plus skin pack and custom skin pack
  • Track: Brands Hatch GP (Kunos)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: Mandatory (at least 1 litre of fuel) between 5mins and 25mins
Useful Links:
Entry list:

Attachments

• Brands-HatchIndy03.png
    Brands-HatchIndy03.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
If anyone has any setup suggestions then please post them here.

I'm getting a lot of lift off oversteer - I assume that can be tamed a bit by a diff setting?

Hi Gents - been away for a bit and would like to join you on Tuesday but keep getting told I have a checksum error when trying to join the server.

Any pointers?

Paul

I can see from the logs you were trying to get on to server 3. It unlikely to be an issue with the track as that is from Kunos via DLC Dream Pack 3. However, you could do a file check (via steam) to make sure it's all installed correctly. Otherwise, try reinstalling the car.

If anyone has any setup suggestions then please post them here.

I'm getting a lot of lift off oversteer - I assume that can be tamed a bit by a diff setting?
How did you do that? I get loads of understeer, no matter what I do to car, sounds are great tho...

Last edited:

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 309 39.7%
  • Online service

Votes: 189 24.3%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 332 42.6%
  • Graphics

Votes: 248 31.8%
  • Car customization