GT4 Is it worth playing Gran Turismo 4 on PC ?

I have to admit I must have been living under a rock and never played any Gran Turismo games. It was always on PC for me. But I saw you can run it on an emulator. I have tried Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox, as it was a gift and I must say I wasn't really impressed, maybe racing sims and game controllers just aren't my thing, was always a wheel and pedals guy. Mostly GPL, AC and Automobilista 1 and 2.
But I have to say GT4 still intrigues me a bit just the same. So for those who have similar likes, is GT4 worth going to the trouble with?

Personally I'd say: no. This title is really old (2004), physics are meh and you have millions of small japanese cars. I loved that title at the time but it hasn't aged well when comparing it to newer titles.

Just fire up AC with CSP/SOL/CM, download the best track and car mods and you have a realistic rendition of Gran Turismo.

Not resurrecting as such, merely curious as to the results, did you ever spend the time and effort to play GT4 on the PC? and was it what you expected?
F_B's reply was just a personal opinion as small cars can be fun, and if I remember rightly GT4 had a few good cairs in it too, as well as long races and qualifying, both of these things GranTurismo has forgotten how to do in the newer games.
Anyone else tried to/succesfully run a Gran Turismo game on the PC?

Have not touched any other sim yet since GT4 Spec2 came out :) . PCSX2 on PC; HD texture/UI mod.
Using both wheel/pedals or controller depending on the mood. FYI. Attached a random replay paused screen below.
GT4Spec2.jpg

GT4S2_2.jpg

Last edited:
Sure! It is a great game and with the spec ii mod it is much more polished. You should also update the textures of the game and the ui and it will look as a remaster.

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 567 42.6%
  • Online service

Votes: 360 27.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 583 43.8%
  • Graphics

Votes: 466 35.0%
  • Car customization

Votes: 465 35.0%