Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

Hello,

I have been following the forum for awhile now but never created an account. I worked for several car dealerships before I went back to college and changed careers. I enjoy most racing sims. I drive pCars2, Assetto Corsa, and Assetto Corsa Competizione. Believe it or not, Need For Speed Shift 2 for PC is what prompted me to purchase a wheel. A YouTube Channel called "RichieSpeedIsBack" got me into hot lapping Nurburgring and my interest in racing has grown ever since.

I have been upgrading the Graphics Card(s) on my i7 3820 build for the last 9 years. The CPU is still holding strong, with minimal bottlenecking. With new entry level CPUs ($100) outperforming higher end CPUs in terms of gaming and the new nVidia 3xxx series projected to make a serious jump in performance, I may end up building my first new rig in almost 10 years. I recently purchased a Samsung Odyssey+ brand new at an insanely cheap price. Despite negative reviews, the headset has been everything I imagined with no screen door effect (at least that I've noticed).

Even though I've been sim racing for almost 10 years, I'm still an amateur. In the states, F1 and racing circuits are more of a niche hobby/interest. I'm very interested in finding an Assetto Corsa League or possibly investing more into Raceroom since, at least in my opinion, has the best VR experience.

Thanks for reading this.

Hi to eveyone, coming from DCS World Vr to Sim Racing Vr, from high skys to to land

Funny. I started on Flaming Cliffs 2, upgraded to DCS A-10C, purchased Black Shark and a few WW2 planes. In the end, the only 2 modules I mastered were the free Su-25 and the F-15C. I crewed the F-16 Block 30/32 but I think I want to wait until I build another rig that can handle DCS better before I jump in the cockpit.

Cheers

Hi there, have joined RD recently after seeing someone showing off Assetto Corsa on a FB Group I'm in for Oulton Park.

After years of playing GT and Forza on consoles, I thought I'd give this a go on the PC seeing as I have some additional time on my hands now ! Seriously impressed with the amount (and quality) of mods for AC and have been putting in the miles at Oulton Park amongst others. Nowhere near the lap times I'd need to be to participate online but am happy with the offline racing modes available.

It all takes me back to me childhood with many wasted summers playing Revs 5 tracks on the BBC !

Just joined and new to sim racing. This is my second week of it and love it so far and want to use mods to further my experience in AC mostly but also play PC2 and horizon4(somewhat). I could only find a T150 pro in stock and added a TH8A shifter. Built my own rig and constantly modify it to a new change I want.
Thanks again

Hi there, new member here. Long time racing fan, bought a steering wheel and GPL in 98 when it was brand new. For various reasons (job, wife, kids) I settled for racing on consoles with a joypad for the last 15 years. Watching some footage of the Südschleife in AC brought back the urge to get a racing wheel, so I bought a used G920 last weekend and am eagerly awaiting the package to try it ( and the Nürburgring 67 mod) out :)

Hello everyone - just landed here after a ver long timeut of the community. For those who remember I used to be the motorsports editor of SimHQ when dinosaurs ruled the earth!

Latest News

Back