Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

Hi, I'm 64 years young, gratefully retired, and a 100% passionate petrol head, follow all forms of motorsport, basically, if it's got an engine or motor then I am interested. Honestly never played a computer game in my life until recently, (Covid-19) got me started with iracing. Even being in the computer industry never got me interested in games, I built, repaired, wrote software, something I still do now, found games too time consuming. That has now changed, can't get enough. I live in Melbourne Australia and know everything there is to know about motorsport, NOT! As well as learning how to drive, something I thought I was in the upper class of, soon found out how different it is on esports, I am acting as Chief Steward for a small private series on iracing.
Looking forward to see what RACEDEPARTMENT is about.

Hi, my name is Randy Flowers. 58 year old kid in Dallas Texas, and have just found out about sim racing and VR racing a month ago. After about 500 videos and articles and forum reading, i am about to buy my first sim racing rig, with Jeff Ford at www.fegpc.net helping me put my computer upgrade, rig and sim gear together and building it for me!

When i was a kid in the 1960s, my dad flagged club racing circuits, and i got to see Lotus super 7s, formula fords, birdcage maseratis, cobras, corvettes, formula vees, healey bug eyed sprites, etc etc race and got to hang out in the paddocks a lot.

I have owned 60s style English sports cars my entire life, TR4s, miatas, etc, but i never felt OK looking at racing due to the $$$ and danger. But, NOW i CAN do that!!!

About a month ago, i saw by mistake a Jimmy Broadbent video of him racing a 60s grand prix car around spa and he was wearing a VR headset, and i was instantly pulled into the sim racing rabbit hole! OH NO!!!

Now, i have become pretty darn knowledgeable but haven't yet actually played one, or done ANY VR of any kind ever. I should have my first rig in a month or two, and it will be very nice and Jeff assures me that i will be able to run the Valve index at 120fps on it, and i will be getting an Accuforce V2 DD wheel, CSL elite LC pedals, Fantatec H pattern shifter and a nice sturdy rig too :)

I am mostly interested in leagues that use vintage cars from the 60s and 70s (or even 50s). And, my dream car of all time is a Caterham 7, and i have never been able to have one, much less race one, but now i will be able to run leagues using them! Wow.

Nice to join yalls group :)

Randy
:)

Latest News

Back