rF2 Indycar @ Indianapolis Road Course - Mon 8th August 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hello everybody,
I'm interested in participating in this race. I bought rFactor 2 years ago but got a bit desperate to get it to work properly. Haven't touched it since. Is there perhaps a good guide here or elsewhere for the first steps on how to set up this game?

Hello everybody,
I'm interested in participating in this race. I bought rFactor 2 years ago but got a bit desperate to get it to work properly. Haven't touched it since. Is there perhaps a good guide here or elsewhere for the first steps on how to set up this game?
There are some good guides on YouTube I'm sure that will help you out

So, I messed up, missed the start, then drove a line to far and got a drive through, and while waiting for the start I asked a bit to much of my pc with switching between apps, which caused it to hang for a while.

Have fun!:thumbsup:

Hello everybody,

One of the problems with rF2 is how dependant it is on what you have as equipment. When it comes to setting up the game controller-wise, it's a big difference depending on what you have. And much other settings can be down to feel.

I know I did things with the game back in 2017-2018 that's still kept in my config files. I have no recollection of what, nor do I know if it helps anymore. But because this is rF2, I don't dare mess around with it...

I would actually recommend you to fire it up, and play around a little bit with it, and then see what potential "issues" you have with the game and take from there.

Good racing last night. It was great to be back in single-seaters after a month off. Congrats to @Jan Larsen for an exemplary performance up front. Those Primary tyres are really awful things, so perhaps we need to work on setups to make them work, because it's crazy how much the balance changes over a few laps on them and how they just aren't viable for long runs.

We'll be using these on the new Gateway Oval next week, I just need to finalise a few things tonight before starting the new thread.

The new track limits rules seemed good. They gave you enough scope to react to a transgression and give up the advantage gained, while also differentiating between minor cuts and major ones and giving more of a penalty for the worse ones. Plus the counter allows you to keep track of it before the penalty.

I didnt get much practice for this one, but luckily Edward shared a setup that was similar to mine but with high topspeed. Up'd the rear sway bar one click to get a little more rotation and off I went.
Qually didnt go to plan at all...or so I thought. I struggled to get down into the 14's and quickly suspected the track conditions to be worse and sure enough, everyone else was going slower than in practice. Put together a decent lap right near the end to put it on pole.

Nearly missed the start (thought I had more time) due to fine tweaking the setup and lost a few positions in the start. The first car soon made a mistake and the 2nd one was on primes, so I just waited for an opportunity which presented itself soon after in T1.
From there on it was just a case of super-nursing the tires. The reds are much faster but extremely sensitive to lockups and sliding with temps spiking mega-fast. So I drove it as 98% and tried to extent their life as much as possible.
Switched to the primes after the first stint where I also increased the wing angle 2 clicks to account for the increased understeer. But, and there's no sugarcoating this, the primes are a crap tire, through and through. No grip whatsoever. Even though they last longer on telemetry, the grip gets worse faster than the reds, up to 2 secs slower a lap after just 20% wear.
Had to stop again after a fuel calculation screw up, but it didnt matter in the end.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%