AMS2 IMSA SportsCar Test Race 2 @ Simracing.GP - Thursday June 2, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I'm ready! :roflmao: After more work, I think there are a couple of places for easy passes and another not so easy so I'm feeling better about it. I just did a race with the AI and kept getting a warning on turn 1. There is a Blue line over to the right and I got the warning for being over so just to make you aware If you didn't already know.

I'm in the p3 but overtaking on blue flags is going to be difficult for the faster driver
As a slower driver stay predictable on the driving line or clearly signal that you are leaving space, it can never hurt to gently lift a little on straights if it doesn't effect your own race or if it would lead to both cars taking a corner slower. Though that is how it is mostly done in ELMS/IMSA races, and those are 24 hours. We are racing for 40 minutes so it could impact your own race a lot more.

On another note, we went from 6 or 7 DPi's to 3 and now to 5, do people not like it?

We are going to test the race on SGP first, if it doesn't work ill be setting up a private server again similar to last week.

Make sure to join us on Discord so you are in the loop of things ;) Info how to join in the first post

I'm struggling to connect to the RD server.
I've been able to connect to another open lobby as a test.
I find the server in the list, i enter the pw (brit), but after clicking join, it pauses for like 30s, then kicks me to the main screen saying "You have been disconnected from the multiplayer session. Exiting session."
1654196154753.png

Sorry i just saw the other post above. (wasnt here last week). I don't see the 'other' racedepartment server?
1654196292973.png

Went for TC car on this circuit, expecting many layers of traction control.
Have I got the settings wrong, cannot adjust TC.
And to add to that , if it has TC it is so inept, it is hardly any advantage over a GTE car without TC.

Just looked at the above, am I right in assuming the server does not allow TC.??

Last edited:
Got all the way to the second lap of the race and got disconnected from server, oh well I've improved a little bit more this week! Still some impatient drivers wanting to get past slower drivers at the earlies opportunity even If it's not really an overtaking part of the track. Please be more patient thanks

I got disconnected after a heavy crash. I couldn’t click ok on the disconnect for a little while. The 2 other cars were jittering on the spot then I managed to disconnect. My car was a bit beat up before that, I found it hard to resist the walls :) Apologies to anyone I hit, it wasn’t on purpose.

Thanks again for organising all this Bram.

If I caused any panic towards the back of the grid on lights out, I apologise - some bug in AMS2 keeps putting my wheel in bizarre positions between sessions, and I can only tell when control is handed back to me, which in the case of an auto pitlane or a grid start is a little too late, and I lurch sideways on full lock :roflmao:

Given I'd done fewer than 10 laps on Long Beach by the time the race started, I was pleased to be part of the pack, but then a rather enthusiastic Porsche loaded me sideways onto his front bumper coming out of the roundabout and pushed me along with his foot to the floor for a good few hundred yards :O_o: Not sure if they were having connection/latency issues or something but it was an interesting situation to be in.

Anyway from that point on I had the track to myself at the very back until I randomly disconnected after about 20 minutes. Computers eh?

Went for TC car on this circuit, expecting many layers of traction control.
Have I got the settings wrong, cannot adjust TC.
And to add to that , if it has TC it is so inept, it is hardly any advantage over a GTE car without TC.

Just looked at the above, am I right in assuming the server does not allow TC.??
I'm a bit confused here, as the GTE cars have Traction Control and so does the DPi.
The LMP3 does not have TC, and none of the cars in this race have ABS.

Last edited:

If I caused any panic towards the back of the grid on lights out, I apologise - some bug in AMS2 keeps putting my wheel in bizarre positions between sessions, and I can only tell when control is handed back to me, which in the case of an auto pitlane or a grid start is a little too late, and I lurch sideways on full lock :roflmao:

Given I'd done fewer than 10 laps on Long Beach by the time the race started, I was pleased to be part of the pack, but then a rather enthusiastic Porsche loaded me sideways onto his front bumper coming out of the roundabout and pushed me along with his foot to the floor for a good few hundred yards :O_o: Not sure if they were having connection/latency issues or something but it was an interesting situation to be in.

Anyway from that point on I had the track to myself at the very back until I randomly disconnected after about 20 minutes. Computers eh?
Hi Danny
Was it a white Porsche?
If so it may have been me. A car got sideways in front of me out of the roundabout on about lap 3 or 4 but I just ghost through it? The car became transperent then vanished and I had no sense of impact. So I just continued.
Then later after I had managed to turn my car upside down and chatting with Bram he said I had had earlier contact which I could not recall.

If it was me, my apologies but as I say from my point of view I ghosted through you.

If it was me it could be down to a ping issue as I live in New Zealand which I am guessing is about as far away from the server as possible.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated

Best wishes.
Bob

I'm a bit confused here, as the GTE cars have Traction Control and so does the DPi.
The LMP3 does not have TC, and none of the cars in this race have ABS.
You are probably right Enzo, I only assumed the GTE cars did not have TC, they certainly do not drive like TC cars, just checked , yes you are correct.
I was expecting to adjust the TC on my steering wheel, keep incrementing it till I got the correct amount of intervention that suited my driving.
Nothing.
Not sure what is going on with this sim.

Last edited:
Was it a white Porsche?
If so it may have been me. A car got sideways in front of me out of the roundabout on about lap 3 or 4 but I just ghost through it? The car became transperent then vanished and I had no sense of impact. So I just continued.
Then later after I had managed to turn my car upside down and chatting with Bram he said I had had earlier contact which I could not recall.

If it was me, my apologies but as I say from my point of view I ghosted through you.
It was a white Porsche - it seemed completely unimpeded by the P3 strapped to its front wing so I assumed it was some weird connection issue, so no worries at all! These races are designed for testing after all.

It was a white Porsche - it seemed completely unimpeded by the P3 strapped to its front wing so I assumed it was some weird connection issue, so no worries at all! These races are designed for testing after all.
Hi Danny
It must have been me. It was strange from my view as I was waiting for the impact which did not come. It would also explain Bram comments re my early contact.

Perhaps joining from NZ may not be the best idea?

However if as Bram says we are trying to stress test the system it may be OK if I continue?

My apologies if I effected your race, It is not my intention as I do pride my self on being a "slow but safe and considerate" sim racer.

Hopefully the issues can be resolved otherwise it may be best if I withdraw as I do not want to be responsible for ruining others races fun.

PS
I would love to se a replay of it is someone saved the replay

Best wishes
Bob

Last edited:
My apologies if I effected your race, It is not my intention as I do pride my self on being a "slow but safe and considerate" sim racer.
Don't worry at all Bob!

As far as I'm concerned you played no part in my little joyride - it was just an unfortunate technical issue, completely out of everyone's control and to be expected in a race designed to act as a stress test. I'm a back marker anyway so I would never have been in contention :roflmao:

Alas, the race was a bit of a disaster for me, had to brake harder then expected to avoid smashing into another car at the start of lap 2 that did a daft move under braking so I overshot the corner, then I got knocked on my side by probably a GTE car and promptly retired to avoid being a dangerous barrier to other's. This game really needs to implement yellow flags and such.

some bug in AMS2 keeps putting my wheel in bizarre positions between sessions, and I can only tell when control is handed back to me, which in the case of an auto pitlane or a grid start is a little too late, and I lurch sideways on full lock :roflmao:

Danny
did you find the cause, only started to happen to me at long beach.

I would, in time trial mode , when the sim handed control over to me , the car would dart into the wall.
And when driving the wheel was about 15 degrees out.

randomly repeatable.

did you find the cause, only started to happen to me at long beach.
I've never quite figured it out to be honest Ernie. Long Beach was the first time it's ever happened to me on the grid, but it's relatively common that resetting my car to the garage will suddenly spin the wheel 40-80% of the way to full lock and then go limp. With a 1080 degree wheel, that usually means that it'll go through at least one full rotation, so when I think I've centred the wheel, I'm actually 360 degrees out, and I won't realise until the car starts moving (or in the case of an auto-pitlane, when it goes past the pit exit line and hands me control).

I have to admit though, I've never had your issue of the wheel ending up mis-aligned as a result. Thinking back, I think it's only ever happened to me in the P3, so maybe that car has a bit of a bug. I'll keep trying to work it out and report back.

Latest News

Back