AMS2 IMSA SportsCar @ Spielberg - Thursday June 9, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I suspect that event was generated during boot and not for the shutdown. Can you describe what happens? i.e. does it just look like the power got interrupted or do you see some memory exceptions?

If it just looks like the power got interrupted, then I'd be inclined to start with disabling the auto-restart: Control Panel\System and Security\System -> Advanced system settings -> Start-up and Recovery -> Settings -> Automatically restart

1654811958076.png

You might already have a file called C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP on your system - if you do, send it over and I'll run it through windbg to see what it says

Last edited:
I can see the critical bit but nothing to say why it shut down
After a bit of googling, it looks like you are experiencing scenario #3 of this guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/troubleshoot-event-id-41-restart#scen3

That would indicate it's a hardware problem, but are you saying it's only just started happening and only in AMS2?

From the article:

Typically, the symptoms described in this scenario indicate a hardware problem. To help isolate the problem, do the following steps:

• Disable overclocking. If the computer has overclocking enabled, disable it. Verify that the issue occurs when the system runs at the correct speed.
  • Check the memory. Use a memory checker to determine the memory health and configuration. Verify that all memory chips run at the same speed and that every chip is configured correctly in the system.
  • Check the power supply. Verify that the power supply has enough wattage to appropriately handle the installed devices. If you added memory, installed a newer processor, installed more drives, or added external devices, such devices can require more energy than the current power supply can provide consistently. If the computer logged Event ID 41 because the power to the computer was interrupted, consider obtaining an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) such as a battery backup power supply.
  • Check for overheating. Examine the internal temperature of the hardware and check for any overheating components.

I suspect that event was generated during boot and not for the shutdown. Can you describe what happens? i.e. does it just look like the power got interrupted or do you see some memory exceptions?

If it just looks like the power got interrupted, then I'd be inclined to start with disabling the auto-restart: Control Panel\System and Security\System -> Advanced system settings -> Start-up and Recovery -> Settings -> Automatically restart

View attachment 573166

You might already have a file called C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP on your system - if you do, send it over and I'll run it through windbg to see what it says
Thanks, I disabled the auto restart but couldn't find the memory file. I was attempting to update my bios as the version I have is from January last year. It says to copy to a flashdrive but there is nothing on the download to copy! I was in bios and it froze so I shut everything off and I've restarted ok but I'm not technical and I will break something.

After a bit of googling, it looks like you are experiencing scenario #3 of this guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/troubleshoot-event-id-41-restart#scen3

That would indicate it's a hardware problem, but are you saying it's only just started happening and only in AMS2?

From the article:

Typically, the symptoms described in this scenario indicate a hardware problem. To help isolate the problem, do the following steps:

• Disable overclocking. If the computer has overclocking enabled, disable it. Verify that the issue occurs when the system runs at the correct speed.
  • Check the memory. Use a memory checker to determine the memory health and configuration. Verify that all memory chips run at the same speed and that every chip is configured correctly in the system.
  • Check the power supply. Verify that the power supply has enough wattage to appropriately handle the installed devices. If you added memory, installed a newer processor, installed more drives, or added external devices, such devices can require more energy than the current power supply can provide consistently. If the computer logged Event ID 41 because the power to the computer was interrupted, consider obtaining an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) such as a battery backup power supply.
  • Check for overheating. Examine the internal temperature of the hardware and check for any overheating components.
I've checked my cpu and gpu temps and they are fine. I have a 750 psu. Also I haven't touched anything to do with overclocking.

Last edited:
I've checked my cpu and gpu temps and they are fine. I have a 750 psu
Yeah, I assumed you had already checked those. Well, hardware issues are a bit of a PITA to nail down, but if you are able to generate a MEMORY.DMP on the next reboot that might help a bit. My only other suggestion would be to re-seat your memory (just pop it out and back in again)

I'll try and dig up my notes when I last had to diagnose a memory issue on my PC. I used some stress testing software to help narrow down the problem.

Yeah, I assumed you had already checked those. Well, hardware issues are a bit of a PITA to nail down, but if you are able to generate a MEMORY.DMP on the next reboot that might help a bit. My only other suggestion would be to re-seat your memory (just pop it out and back in again)

I'll try and dig up my notes when I last had to diagnose a memory issue on my PC. I used some stress testing software to help narrow down the problem.
Well I'm going to put an extra M2 ssd in tomorrow so I can reseat the memory as well.

Your error is 0x8000400000000002 according what you copy/pasted. Google for this.

I see possible issues with bios version/ driver version/ power mgt settings but also buggy code in third party tooling.

As you mention to only see this in AMS2 and nothing else, try removing all addon tooling/mods etc. Basicly a clean install of AMS2, including cleanup in your ..\Documents\Automobilista 2\ folder.

Last nights race i hit at least 2-4 cars while lapping.
This was not intentional but please if you will be lapped, drive your normal racing line and do never suddenly move over especially in a corner.
Hope you did not have to much trouble.

Sorry for all who had trouble during start because of me. I damaged my clutch and couldn’t get car moving and had to retire :(

Last edited:
Sorry for all who had trouble during start because of me. I damaged my clutch and couldn’t get car moving and had to retire :(
I had a great view of the first car that rear-ended you at full tilt! :D

I have been taking part in AMS2 races regularly with this group since January and this is the first one where I got tangled in carnage at the start. Considering this one was simply due to a technical fault, I think that says a lot about the general mentality of this group.

Latest News

Back