AMS2 IMSA SportsCar @ Spielberg - Thursday June 9, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
dpi-jpg.568402

We are continueing with the amazing IMSA Series on SGP.

Please note that we are still finetuning the server configurations so abnormalities might occur during the coming weeks but let that not stop us from taking part as this is pure multiplayer heaven with 32 slots availalbe. Racin' USA DLC is required. Actually the more people who help to stress test the better and faster we can make tweaks to let AMS2 perform super stable.

Hit the sign-up link below, fill out the premium password for this event and enroll yourself on the grid. See you on track :)

Join and Entry Password: brit
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Event start: 20.30 CEST / 19.30 BST
Track: Spielberg Modern
Cars: DPi, LMP3, GTE
Voice chat on Discord: click here
Watch our Rules: click here

Please use the comments below to discuss the upcoming event and lets help each other out how to familiarize ourselves with the new platform. Shoot if you have any questions please as i am here to help.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Last edited:
dpi-jpg.568402

We are continueing with the amazing IMSA Series on SGP.

Please note that we are still finetuning the server configurations so abnormalities might occur during the coming weeks but let that not stop us from taking part as this is pure multiplayer heaven with 32 slots availalbe. Racin' USA DLC is required. Actually the more people who help to stress test the better and faster we can make tweaks to let AMS2 perform super stable.

Hit the sign-up link below, fill out the premium password for this event and enroll yourself on the grid. See you on track :)

Join and Entry Password: brit
Track: Red Bull Ring
Cars: DPi, LMP2, LMP3, GTE
Sign-up on SGP: click here
Voice chat on Discord: click here
Watch our Rules: click here

Please use the comments below to discuss the upcoming event and lets help each other out how to familiarize ourselves with the new platform. Shoot if you have any questions please as i am here to help.

Enjoy :thumbsup:
Hi Bram
I have joined but please advise if you feel I should withdraw.

After I managed to turn my car over this morning you mentioned I had contact early in the race, however I cant recall this at all.

I just left a message for another driver who had a Porsche push him down the track and I feel it may have been me, but from my point of view, a car did vanish in-front of me and I ghosted through the car. I am suspecting this is what you are talking about?

If so it could be a ping issue as I live in New Zealand.

However, as you say you want to stress test the system it may be useful if I continue?

Thanks in advance if you can advise.
Best wishes.
Bob

Last edited:
These races are great fun and I hope they become a regular fixture on RD. I won’t be able to make the next races due to other commitments, but its been great to be involved with something from the start. Thanks to Bram for organising them.

A part of me wants to try branching out into a GTE, but I can't help but love the P3s. I'll have a go of both before signing up :)

Is there a way to get back to Friday nights? :unsure::whistling:

Yeah, the rookie P3 nights and the fake 24 hour series are possibly the most fun I've ever had behind a virtual wheel - I'd love to see something like that again!

The sgp being ready could be a while though so If @Bram Hengeveld is unavailable, is there another admin that could do Friday @Redvaliant ? There was a decent turn up on Fridays and we will lose the momentum that's been built up.
I agree with Jim, the 24hr races have been good fun and it would be shame to loose the good size group we have built up over the last few weeks. If we cannot do both then perhaps we should move the simgp testing to friday as hopefully it will settle down and become stable.

I can't fill in for Bram on fridays, but there are two other AMS2 hosts besides us, who haven't posted races in awhile. When SGP is settled, expect there to be races on most days of the week. I'll continue to host Tuesdays, and focus on the older, cooler, less obvious cars of AMS2. If you want to see more races on more days here @ RD, I'd suggest jumping in on any race night to get the numbers up and help build a great racing scene in AMS2.

Aghhh I'm gutted about how my race ended - I could have sworn I topped up my fuel for the race but after a handful of laps it was evident that something had gone wrong and I was on fumes. I couldn't set any amount of fuel to go in so my race ended abruptly in the pits, just like it did when I under-fueled at the Glen 2 weeks ago :(

I must have somehow failed to confirm my 'setup' when changing my fuel amount before going to the grid. As was heard in voice chat, I had fallen victim to a PICNIC error (problem in chair, not in car) :roflmao:

I absolutely love these P3s and the Red Bull Ring is like a playground for them, it's an immense combo. I was good on pace too, just about keeping in touch with Bram and dreaming of a strong finish, but alas.

If another event goes ahead next week, and we fall back on the RD server again, would it be possible to revise some of the settings? Refuelling is obviously the big one, but I'd also love to see manual pit lane come back, if only to combat the "crazy steering wheel" bug I keep getting in these prototypes.

Many thanks as always to Bram for organising!

PS: Shout-out to the legend who visited the facilities with their headset still on, that was an absolute treat to hear while sat on the grid :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
12 minutes in and my PC decided to restart!! why does it do that about once every 4 or 5 weeks? Unless it's the game? it's happened before playing AMS2

This is a long-shot Jim but do you monitor your RAM usage? I've got 32GB and tonight AMS2 was pushing my total usage to 15.8GB.

A random reboot like that can often be attributed to either driver failure or some kind of RAM issue (such as running out of memory). I've had one or two GPU driver failures in the last few months while playing AMS2, although they usually don't cause Windows to shut down.

Event Viewer might help you out as well, it usually logs basically everything the computer sees and does and is a good tool for figuring out what went wrong in a system crash.

Last edited:
This is a long-shot Jim but do you monitor your RAM usage? I've got 32GB and tonight AMS2 was pushing my total usage to 15.8GB.

A random reboot like that can often be attributed to either driver failure or some kind of RAM issue (such as running out of memory). I've had one or two GPU driver failures in the last few months while playing AMS2, although they usually don't cause Windows to shut down.
I always run a gaming optimiser before I play, it will stop all services that are not needed and kill any process not needed to free up RAM. I haven't had any issues yet.

Event Viewer might help you out as well, it usually logs basically everything the computer sees and does and is a good tool for figuring out what went wrong in a system crash.
Well I've just done a race with 32 AI and monitored my temps and 60-64 cpu temp and the current gpu was about 64 with a junction temp of no higher than 86 so all fine temps. Plus it only does it every few weeks

A
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 09/06/2022 20:34:58
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-NP9A5KU
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>8</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-06-09T19:34:58.7791695Z" />
<EventRecordID>252853</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-NP9A5KU</Computer>