AMS2 GTE @ Watkins Glen, Thursday 20th October 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I will be around for the start of practice, but I have a rF2 Historic race to attend. So, everyone needs to be on DISCORD in the event that a restart is needed after a bad race start - it happens. Bas or Eric will probably be able to handle any such shenanigans. :ninja:

And I believe two maiden wins, for Adrian and myself? Adrian was flying those last laps, congrats!

I did the first race on softs, the second on mediums but struggled on both towards the end. What was the way to go?

Did both on medium and had 30-35 left on front left. Did took the first corner ultrawide on every lap, which helped a bit on th front left I suppose.

And I believe two maiden wins, for Adrian and myself? Adrian was flying those last laps, congrats!

I did the first race on softs, the second on mediums but struggled on both towards the end. What was the way to go?
Nice one, missed the first race as set the alarm wrong.
Figured the apexes a bit better toward the end which helped me turn the wheel less so yeah actually went faster despite tire wear.

I did automatic tires so I think it would have defaulted to softs for me.
On Porsche knocked brake bias to rear by 1 helped balance wear on the fronts otherwise the fast corners really scrubbed the tires.

The T1 on the track is weird as you don’t get penalised, not sure how much u can gain from doing it well vs going wide past kerbs

Last edited:
I've only joined the first race, but it was a good one! Had a lovely time battling it out with @CaptAhab though the Porsche showed it's strengths by just out powering the Corvette on the long straights and thus I was able to keep up and eventually pass. Though I kept missing the exit on T1 by going out too far and loosing speed and time which allowed Ahab to keep up and sometimes overtake me.

I think eventually Loyd in 2nd position spun and I managed to get by safely(though no flags... AMS2 is a bit weird that way). This put enough distance and time between me and everyone else to leave it as just a cruise to the finish.

I think we started with 7 people, ended up with 6 but everyone was very close throughout, if someone would make a big mistake they would have been overtaken at some point. It was some great racing!

Didn't join race 2 because my eyes were too tired but I hope it was just as good.

Grabbed the race screenshot:)
Race Department Watkins.jpg

Latest News

Back