AC GT3 @ Portimao - Sunday 8th May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi guys, I'm quite close to Portimao now so shall I come to watch your race?

20220506_163434.jpg

Nah, I don't think so....:D! Have a good one all!

Last edited:
Not much to say, did not enjoy the Z4, but it is ok , certainly easy to control.
So obviously a trouble free run, battled away with Paul for most of the race.
Funny how driving all cars, pretty much knew how the Nissan was going to drive.
All I had to do was wait for his front left to overheat ( assuming he was on softs ) and bide my time.
Lucky with @johnny85ac , pretty sure I was not going to catch before the flag, so hard luck Johannas, you deserved that place, as for the front three, all out of my league so no need to worry about the podiums, well done too.:)

Not much to say, did not enjoy the Z4, but it is ok , certainly easy to control.
So obviously a trouble free run, battled away with Paul for most of the race.
Funny how driving all cars, pretty much knew how the Nissan was going to drive.
All I had to do was wait for his front left to overheat ( assuming he was on softs ) and bide my time.
Lucky with @johnny85ac , pretty sure I was not going to catch before the flag, so hard luck Johannas, you deserved that place, as for the front three, all out of my league so no need to worry about the podiums, well done too.:)
Yep, pretty much summed up my race Ernie, that front left gave up in turn one so I had to just hang on as best I could. It was exciting to nip by you after your stop but my tires were giving up then.
You had some grip out of the last turn........I thought I might use the torque of the Nissan to give you a race down the straight but you were gone off of that corner:confused:.
Well done to the podium and thanks for organising Brian.

Started the race with a bad launch and was probably lucky to only loose one place to @johnny85ac at T1. The porkers always get off the line well. I managed to reclaim the position on the next lap at T1. The 2 lead cars were at a different level today and disappeared off even though they were battling hard. I hoped that might let me catch up to them but there was no chance.

Didn't see anyone or have any battles for the rest of the race unfortunately. The guys behind slowed each other down and I was able to get nearly a 10 second gap by half way and most importantly hold it for the whole race.

Happy with the P3 result. I find it a tricky track for the Ferrari. Doesn't seem to like the bumps and elevation changes at this track. Got it really sideways a number of times including the very last exit from sagres but luckily held it all together.

Thanks to everyone involved for some good racing tonight. See you next week :thumbsup:

What a race it was. Normally what I do for a track that I have raced on before, I check my result and lap times. Last time, I barely got into the 1.43s so I thought it would might be an easy and relaxed race. Boy was I wrong.

Thomas just qualified 0.029s in front of me, so I was anticipating a race against him like the last one in Imola, where I will apply the pressure and wait for my chance.

As always, the 650s is just a beast from the line. I tugged right behind and stayed close for the opening laps. As the quali times suggested, we quickly gained a comfortable lead to the cars behind.
Would be really too much to also have more cars from the back pushing :D

Thomas made a slight mistake in Samsung, going a little too wide, giving me a good run on him on the up hill bend. Being on the outside, he was forced to take the corner a little too tight hitting the bump directly. His car got a little unsettled and I could pass. Surprised by the sudden movement in front, I totally missed my brake point into Portimao, but was able to stay ahead.

From this moment on for the entire first stint Thomas applied heavy pressure and staying all the time within 0,5-1s. He was clearly faster than me in the first sector. Specially T3, where I struggled all race to find a decent line. It was sector 2 were the Z4 really shined for me today, gaining a little time advantage that I could carry out over the last sector, just to let Thomas getting close again at the beginning of the next lap. Little mistake could have cost me my lead easily. A couple of times I needed to get very defensive into Torre Vip, the sharp left-hander after the downhill section.
But all our fights were super clean.

It was the same corner where Thomas made a move right at the end of the first stint. I didnt cover the inside properly, and he took the chance to get besides me. I was anticipating him taking the corner very tight, but get pushed a little to the outside on exit. I positioned myself on the outside and braked a little earlier to make the switch back right after the apex. Luckily I got the better exit and could retake the position.

Thomas pitted a lap earlier and tried to make the undercut. My pit stop was ok and I didnt lost any time. On pit exit we both were at the apex on T1 at the same time. Coming out of the pit, I had the advantage being on the inside as Thomas run a little wide. From that moment on It was again defending for the last 25 minutes. I could capitalize on a little mistake and get a 3 second lead but that was molten away about 4 laps before the end. With my front left already in the red, I could bring my first win home with a just 0.34s lead.

Really nice racing against Thomas for the last two races! Seems that there are some tracks we have basically the identical pace. Not being able to race much lately, I am really happy and couldnt ask for more then this intense races.

See you all next time

Last edited:
Was thinking based on my pace during practice and quali it could be a lonely race for me, but as it turns out, me and @Partick Eaton had similar overall pace and battled for a good 35min throughout the race :thumbsup: . (Un)fortunately his Nissan got lose in a corner and I was able to slip by, holding the gap I gained till the end. Without that, not sure who would have finished ahead.

@johnny85ac Think that was me who took the long way around you post pit stop, but that was only because I watched you and then lost my braking point :whistling: . Worked out in the end as I still had to pit and you had the pace over me, so i didn't need the extra traffic behind me :D

First race in the merc where I finished without spinning in it too... at least spinning all the way around :laugh: . Thanks for hosting brian and congrats to the speedsters. Don't know how you got those times. I must be taking an extra corner somewhere :O_o: :roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

Back