AC GT3 @ Ottawa Motorsport Park - Sunday 16th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Congrats to the podium. Great performance of Hank. I never thought a Lambo could win here seeing the strong lap times of the McLarens. I couldn't even get the GT-R into the 53s.

In the first lap I saw Ernie taking a wide line in T7 and I went for the inside but he turned in and I hit him causing both of us going off. My apologies Ernie. I should have anticipated that. Now almost last I began to catch up. Nice battles with Paul and Kimi who I could pass. Now behind Jari I closed the gap. I saw him struggling with the Merc and in the Tornado he braked for me unexpectable and while braking hard to avoid hitting him I went off in the sand and seeing Paul pass me.
I closed the gap to Paul and could come on the inside in the T2 or the Tornado. He turned in and he hit me slightly as I felt it. He went off. Not sure if it wasn't my fault I asked him that but his volume was too low to understand what is answer was. I decided to go on. I will look at the replay. Paul, my apologies in advance if it was my fault.
Later I could pass Jari and came close to Kimi but the race was finished before I could get him.

Great track! I want to do that with the Abarth/Mazda sometime.

Thanks for organizing Brian! There's also a slightly longer lay out. Any reason why you didn't pick that one?

Last edited:
Congrats to the podium. Great performance of Hank. I never thought a Lambo could win here seeing the strong lap times of the McLarens. I couldn't even get the GT-R into the 53s.

In the first lap I saw Ernie taking a wide line in T7 and I went for the inside but he turned in and I hit him causing both of us going off. My apologies Ernie. I should have anticipated that. Now almost last I began to catch up. Nice battles with Paul and Kimi who I could pass. Now behind Jari I closed the gap. I saw him struggling with the Merc and in the Tornado he braked for me unexpectable and while braking hard to avoid hitting him I went off in the sand and seeing Paul pass me.
I closed the gap to Paul and could come on the inside in the T2 or the Tornado. He turned in and he hit me slightly as I felt it. He went off. Not sure if it wasn't my fault I asked him that but his volume was too low to understand what is answer was. I decided to go on. I will look at the replay. Paul, my apologies in advance if it was my fault.
Later I could pass Jari and came close to Kimi but the race was finished before I could get him.

Great track! I want to do that with the Abarth/Mazda sometime.

Thanks for organizing Brian! There's also a slightly longer lay out. Any reason why you didn't pick that one?
Hi Han, initially I thought that you had forced me of the road as I was on my normal wide line on the left and didn’t see you alongside or ahead and for some reason my microphone was very low, but looking at the replay it seems that it was a racing incident as we both arrived at the same price of tarmac at the same time ( Max and Lewis at Copse ??;)) and I didn’t expect you to make a move on such a tight line on that fast corner. So no complaints from me, just disappointing that I lost so much time recovering.
I has an earlier incident with Jari when he was struggling with the Merc on the long right handed and I made a move only to be bumped off into the gravel.
So all in all I lost shed loads of time but enjoyed the track even though my first impressions were that it wasn’t for me. The GTR did not work that well compared with the opposition but well done to Ernie for peddling it around so quick. With all these corners my thoughts are that the Abarth would be an under steering nightmare around here, but I might be wrong.
Congrats to the podium and thanks to Brian for organising,

I has an earlier incident with Jari when he was struggling with the Merc on the long right handed and I made a move only to be bumped off into the gravel.
If you watch replay you´ll see that actually you bumbed youself into gravel while turning in and hitting his right rear wheel, no offence.

Last edited:
Well, I don’t think the GTR was outclassed here, it had two problems.
The first was me, :unsure:not thinking out the fuel situation properly, and putting in 80 litres in then 30 litres, was not my smartest move.:(
Second is that the GTR just does not run its hard tyres for enough laps, doing a load of laps with yellow tyres, with a car that is not endowed with much relative downforce, relying on grip, was a recipe for disaster.:(

Latest News

Back