AC GT3 Championship Round 4 - Sunday 23rd October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Wear-wise, I'm not sure, but the wear factor won't kick in after just 3 laps. Rear temp-wise the Audi is definitely worse than the 488

Maybe it is setup or pushing for time in the wrong part of the track, I don't know.
I get an average of 100C at the rear and 27 psi exiting les fagnes chicane. It is pretty unstable but managable, just loosing time. High 90's C if I'm nursing it nice and gentle through pouhon onwards.
It can get up around 110 if I try to push, this is where it starts do the fish tail. It's at best 50:50 if you end up in the wall before reaching campus when this happens!

Are you getting same or higher temps than that though there? Does the car feel really unstable at that section, the left hander at les fagnes and through campus?

Last edited:
Maybe it is setup or pushing for time in the wrong part of the track, I don't know.
I get an average of 100C at the rear and 27 psi exiting les fagnes chicane. It is pretty unstable but managable, just loosing time. High 90's C if I'm nursing it nice and gentle through pouhon onwards.
It can get up around 110 if I try to push, this is where it starts do the fish tail. It's at best 50:50 if you end up in the wall before reaching campus when this happens!

Are you getting same or higher temps than that though there? Does the car feel really unstable at that section, the left hander at les fagnes and through campus?
Puh thats really hot I think. If I let the tires go that hot my 911 gets undriveable and the wear is terrible. My temps are around 90 now i think but is a quite conservative setup which prevents oversteering as much as possible. I am wondering which wear percentage you would accept after one hour? I feel like 40-45 percent is okay but going lower whould cause problems with stability and loosing too much time? Whould you agree?

Puh thats really hot I think. If I let the tires go that hot my 911 gets undriveable and the wear is terrible. My temps are around 90 now i think but is a quite conservative setup which prevents oversteering as much as possible. I am wondering which wear percentage you would accept after one hour? I feel like 40-45 percent is okay but going lower whould cause problems with stability and loosing too much time? Whould you agree?

I think 40 at the rear is ok for 30 minutes on softs. Mediums usually go down into the 30's after an hour. You can survive all the way to zero but as you say you are loosing time :)

Mines usually get to lower-90s tops. Sometimes up to 95C for a brief moment after Stavelot, but then they get cooled down on the run to Blanchimont, so that's OK.
If they got to 100C I'd lose the car, it's simply undriveable when the rears are that hot.
I think there's something wrong with what happens to your 488. Your rear must have been sliding too much, and the reason could be a very loose setup or the exact opposite of that which you maybe unconsciously force into making the rear to slide in order to get the car rotated.

Last edited:
Mines usually get to lower-90s tops. Sometimes up to 95C for a brief moment after Stavelot, but then they get cooled down on the run to Blanchimont, so that's OK.
If they got to 100C I'd lose the car, it's simply undriveable when the rears are that hot.
I think there's something wrong with what happens to your 488. Your rear must have been sliding too much, and the reason could be a very loose setup or the exact opposite of that which you maybe unconsciously force into making the rear to slide in order to get the car rotated.

Thanks for that info Dmitry. Helps alot. I wasn't sure if I needed to focus getting the temps lower or just adjust the setup to handle the 100C. I made some improvements on it today, a slightly different line into the chicane and a different setup with 0 front splitter has improved it a bit, without loosing much pace. It still an issue on the last 3 laps of the stint but it's better than 3 lap in!

a very loose setup or the exact opposite of that which you maybe unconsciously force into making the rear to slide in order to get the car rotated.

That's the whole 488 fina and games in a nutshell. Too stable and you cook the tyres trying to rotate the car. Too loose and they get cooked in a slide. Then there is fuel and tyre wear changing the balance of the car over a stint :thumbsdown:. Hard to avoid having a patch of a few laps where it's going to be a wobbler.

That's the whole 488 fina and games in a nutshell. Too stable and you cook the tyres trying to rotate the car. Too loose and they get cooked in a slide. Then there is fuel and tyre wear changing the balance of the car over a stint :thumbsdown:. Hard to avoid having a patch of a few laps where it's going to be a wobbler.
One thing that came to mind is that I use the lowest power diff and and TC=2 (the second most intrusive TC setting, which I sometimes dial down to 1 for the last few laps) for my Spa race setup. If I increase either the diff or TC value (less intrusive TC) I get slightly better laptimes, but also more heat in the rear tires and after a few laps it all goes downhill, so it's not worth it outside of quali session

Last edited:
One thing that came to mind is that I use the lowest power diff and and TC=2 (the second most intrusive TC setting, which I sometimes dial down to 1 for the last few laps) for my Spa race setup. If I increase either the diff or TC value (less intrusive TC) I get slightly better laptimes, but also more heat in the rear tires and after a few laps it all goes downhill, so it's not worth it outside of quali session

I've always been on the lowest power diff but, maybe there is something in the TC that could help. I've gone from a 5/6 to a 3/4 recently. Never really tried using 1/2 so maybe there is something in that.

Hey guys, unfortunatelly I cant join you today as I am sick. Damn. Was really looking forward to the race and found nearly 2 sec in my race setup yesterday by going from very high splitter and wing to zero splitter and lower wing with softs (had mediums before). also very low diff and TC 3. Always thought higher splitter and wing would prevent sliding and therefor keep the tyres cool, but what you guys write makes sense of course. Managed to keep ths softs around 90 max (when not spinning or sliding :O_o:). Only thing I did not learn is how to get constantly fast and stable throught the cicane. Hopefully we come back to spa soon:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Hey guys, unfortunatelly I cant join you today as I am sick. Damn. Was really looking forward to the race and found nearly 2 sec in my race setup yesterday by going from very high splitter and wing to zero splitter and lower wing with softs (had mediums before). also very low diff and TC 3. Always thought higher splitter and wing would prevent sliding and therefor keep the tyres cool, but what you guys write makes sense of course. Managed to keep ths softs around 90 max (when not spinning or sliding :O_o:). Only thing I did not learn is how to get constantly fast and stable throught the cicane. Hopefully we come back to spa soon:cry::cry::cry:

Get well soon Johannes :( Good to hear my rambling waffle was of use to someone :)

That was a good race. As always, I followed my strategy not to risk too much and just do my race and then see what comes of it. I'm happy about the third place. Not much action during the race. I'm glad I glitched through the red Ferrari in the pit entrance, otherwise it would all look a little different.

That was a great championship. I'm very curious what the end result will look like.
Thanks Brian for organizing and thanks to all the drivers for participating. :thumbsup:

That was a good race. As always, I followed my strategy not to risk too much and just do my race and then see what comes of it. I'm happy about the third place. Not much action during the race. I'm glad I glitched through the red Ferrari in the pit entrance, otherwise it would all look a little different.

That was a great championship. I'm very curious what the end result will look like.
Thanks Brian for organizing and thanks to all the drivers for participating. :thumbsup:

Sorry for that Hank. I was surprised you could drive through. Guess that part is already in the no collision zone for that reason!

Latest News

Back