AC GT3 Championship Round 3 - Sunday 9th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
ROUND 3 - Kyalami GP

Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading to Kyalami, for Round 3 of the GT3 Championship.

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Link to the RD community on S.GP is here. You need to sign-up and join to access our race servers.

Kyalami15.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

Event details:
  • Track: Kyalami GP, SA
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Improving grip, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

A message to all Drivers

RaceDepartment Club Racing Rules - Video Link

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the throttle pinned and pull back on track.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Penalties

A championship gives us the opportunity to deduct points or add time as a penalty. Below are the penalties for this championship. Please report incidents to the host. That will help to maintain the high standards of driving we are accustomed to in these events. For multiple unsafe actions within a single reported incident, the time penalties and point deductions are cumulative.

• Golden Rule: if you break the Golden Rule, all points will be deducted from that event. Normal procedure via formal report and internal discussion within RD staff if there's an disagreement.
  • Unsafe overtake/defending or dive bomb: 5/10/30 second penalties for each case.
  • Track Limits: 5/10/30 second penalties for gaining an advantage outside of tracks limits.
  • Ignoring blue flag: 2 points taken off for each case.
  • Dangerous Driving: 2+ points may be also deducted for any unsafe actions causing an incident (e.g. unsafe rejoin/unsafe pit exit/swerving on the straight etc.)
  • All reported incidents and penalties to be judged by host (Brian) and co-host (Han) via the usual PM system. Gentlemanly actions, or otherwise, after an incident may effect the final penalty awarded.

Hi Brian. Am I still on the reserve list for this? Kind off nervous about a race as I haven't switched my rig on since June guys! You will likely find me run from the back and just get some seat time. Il try and get on the practice server this week now my rig is mostly rebuilt.

Looking forward just to be back on track with you all, actually racing you all again may take a while. See you on Sunday.

Hi Brian. Am I still on the reserve list for this? Kind off nervous about a race as I haven't switched my rig on since June guys! You will likely find me run from the back and just get some seat time. Il try and get on the practice server this week now my rig is mostly rebuilt.

Looking forward just to be back on track with you all, actually racing you all again may take a while. See you on Sunday.

Good stuff Tim, I'll add you to the grid now.

Maybe a run with AI would be usefull too. I stopped for a few months when we moved house. For me it was the driving in traffic that was odd, rather than lapping in fresh air.

Which car are you going with? Does it let you select your own here?

Last edited:
Good stuff Tim, I'll add you to the grid now.

Maybe a run with AI would be usefull too. I stopped for a few months when we moved house. For me it was the driving in traffic that was odd, rather than lapping in fresh air.

Which car are you going with? Does it let you select your own here?

Yes, I chose the Z4. :thumbsup:

Standings heading into round 3. It's close enough about the midfield, as usual! Can all change in the last 2 races!!

View attachment 605325

The McLaren's should dominate here, which might cut some of Dmitry's lead back.

Got to say I'm really struggling to find a decent setup for the SCG. With softs the back tyres get hot really quickly, and if I use mediums, the fronts are to cold, especially if I get stuck behind a slower car - not a Mclaren :laugh:.

The McLaren's should dominate here, which might cut some of Dmitry's lead back.

Got to say I'm really struggling to find a decent setup for the SCG. With softs the back tyres get hot really quickly, and if I use mediums, the fronts are to cold, especially if I get stuck behind a slower car - not a Mclaren :laugh:.

Same situation with the tyres in the Ferrari. Softs seem unusable for more than a hotlap. Macca's will be tough to beat for sure!

That was pretty exhausting today. For me, Kyalami is a track where I don't know how to drive most of the curves. I feel like I drive every lap differently.
It was a good fight with my two opponents (Han and Patrick) with a bad ending for me this time.

But great, that's the way it should be, that's racing :thumbsup:

Thank Brian for organizing, good fun to race again albeit a mixed bag of experiences. My plan to hang off the pack for a bit lasted until T1 where I avoided some carnage and gained a few places, most of which I lost back quite quickly. Had a bit of fun chasing Ernie for a while then Paul (who I sadly knocked off at the hairpin). The biggest issue I had was concentration after not racing for a while, I dropped of a cliff after 40 mins and my brain felt melted.

Congratulations to the winner Dmitry and podiums. :D

That was an eye opener, mainly had battles with Nissans? Even with a tow and even with higher exit speed they just walked away. :(

But “hey ho” made for an interesting race, especially with Tim, at least we could overtake each other:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I think even Patrick had the same problem, not sure about that, it looked like it from my place in the race.
Well done podiums, and a thank you to Brian @Interslice for the organisation.

Latest News

Back