AC GT3 Championship Round 1 - Sunday 11th September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for organising @Interslice Brian, enjoyed that - forgot how on edge these cars are, felt rusty af. Question for you... do we stick with the same car for the whole championship or can we change?

Congrats to the podium guys :thumbsup: and commiserations @pattikins Patrick, stunning pace, hope your pc is fixed soon :thumbsup:

Last; pls can someone post the json file to simresults.net and post the link here? Thanks in advance:) ...the lap time/split lap info is useful ;)

You are stuck in the 488 for better or worse John!

Edit.. Not quite simresults levels. I've saved over the json myself, but if you click under laps the yellow '35' if will give you all your laps and splits. Hopefully someone has the simresults too.

Screenshot_20220911-225850.png

Last edited:
I was in a 488 Ernie, and wish I wasn't:roflmao: Loaded the wrong setup, but then it's too edgy for me compared to the macca. might try and re-learn it for the next one if we can change cars.

Congrats on a great race too! - saw the gap you got early on and tried to close it after getting by Hank, but no way:thumbsup:
Ha ha , I just assumed you were in a McLaren, it is a car that you normally always drive.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You are stuck in the 488 for better or worse John!

Edit.. Not quite simresults levels. I've saved over the json myself, but if you click under laps the yellow '35' if will give you all your laps and splits. Hopefully someone has the simresults too.

View attachment 599593
Thanks Brian, obviously need to work on the fezza then :unsure:
I like the json file 'cos it gives you competitors splits/times, unfortunately I loaded the replay, which means the json file is gone from my pc :(

Content with the race and result, was a tough one as I was once again under pressure whole race having Ernie not far back and we were about the same pace;). So again pushing whole race, glad with no major mistake.
Had a good start and good pace in the first laps because of the soft tyre 50/50 strategy which I now think was the worse choice compared to medium tyres and late stop. Break even is about half a second per lap, so as many went for that strategy need to have a more detailed look next time which strategy suits me better. Cooking the rear left soft was a problem and I couldnt push 100 percent in the fast downhill right and the uphill right hander which leads to the backstraight. At the end of the stints I had to be super cautious but glad I didnt spin the McLaren on already red rear left tyre.
thx for organizing and cu next time.

To whom it may concern

Can I do something about the Z4 demented sowing machine engine.
As I now have to drive this thing for 3 or 4 more races, can I swap the engine sound for another car??

Please do not suggest the Skippy.:mad:

I am assuming I will not get a reject from the server

PS @Medilloni ,will post the sim results when I get home, assuming no one does before me.

Last edited:
Got off the line well last night, but didn't deal well with the wall of car in front. Some bad luck and poor decisions! Hit the back of @GEO147 when he had to brake early to avoid a dogfight ahead. Luckily for him very square on and it didn't spin either of us. It killed my speed and put me behind @Alfred Wayne who had an unlucky spin into the last corner and collected me.

Dead last on lap 3, I was happy to recover to where I did. Thanks to Joel for the recovery convoy, the slight tow for a good 40 minutes helped keep my pace up.

Ultimately the pace wasn't there and even without the early spin and a few other bangs later on, all going very well i don't think I would have finished much higher than i did. Maybe a position or two at most.

Thanks to all who took part. Congrats to the podium and Dmitry for the win. Hopefully @pattikins can sort the gremlins for the next one. A few of us have cashed in already :) ... In case anyone missed it, only 3 of 4 races count towards your total so you can have one off night, or night off, without having to worry.

Last edited:
... Hopefully @pattikins can sort the gremlins for the next one. A few of us have cashed in already :) ...

I won't be able to take part in tomorrow's race. VR tracking issues aside, I think I've found the cause of my system instability, so I might be okay for the last two events.

critical events sept_22.jpg

Most of the critical events have been when I have booted in to Windows.

From Window's Event Viewer, it looks like a hardware issue with either my aging Antec psu (10+ years old) or memory being the likely culprit.

I installed Windows @ the start of 2020, & installed my 5800X3D (+ bios update) on the 25/6/22 with no prior critical events. The next day, however, I started having PC niggles - my new (& old) gaming monitor wouldn't work using display port, but another 60hz monitor did. From then on, up until the last week, after booting into windows, my mouse cursor would (randomly) disappear on my second monitor...

After another PC crash on the 11th Sept. I checked that my GPU was seated correctly & used a a-xmp (previously overclocked to 3400mhz) profile @ 3200mhz in the bios. Both settings passed a memory test, but I had another BSOD crash on the 17th. So for the race @ Monza (18th) I had my ram running @ default - 2400mhz and over last few days back @ 3200mhz (manual setting) with no subsequent issues. All the above niggles seem to be also resolved, so I'm quite hopeful.

Attachments

• odyssey crashes 22.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I won't be able to take part in tomorrow's race. VR tracking issues aside, I think I've found the cause of my system instability, so I might be okay for the last two events.

View attachment 602802
Most of the critical events have been when I have booted in to Windows.

From Window's Event Viewer, it looks like a hardware issue with either my aging Antec psu (10+ years old) or memory being the likely culprit.

I installed Windows @ the start of 2020, & installed my 5800X3D (+ bios update) on the 25/6/22 with no prior critical events. The next day, however, I started having PC niggles - my new (& old) gaming monitor wouldn't work using display port, but another 60hz monitor did. From then on, up until the last week, after booting into windows, my mouse cursor would (randomly) disappear on my second monitor...

After another PC crash on the 11th Sept. I checked that my GPU was seated correctly & used a a-xmp (previously overclocked to 3400mhz) profile @ 3200mhz in the bios. Both settings passed a memory test, but I had another BSOD crash on the 17th. So for the race @ Monza (18th) I had my ram running @ default - 2400mhz and over last few days back @ 3200mhz (manual setting) with no subsequent issues. All the above niggles seem to be also resolved, so I'm quite hopeful.
It could be the internal memory controller in the CPU itself. I had similar issues after upgrading from a 3700x to a 5900x. So have RMAd the CPU.

Last edited:
How did you arrive @ the conclusion that the Ryzen memory controller was faulty... is there a way of testing it?
No unfortunately not. But all those weird errors are consistent with a bad CPU. I doubt your power supply is bad.

Between that and the shitty bios issues Ryzen has. I have the Samsung Odyssey too. Had loafs of the same errors until I powered the headset via the GPU USB C connector on my GPU.

The simple answer is Ryzen is a bug fest.

Are you on latest BIOS ?

Last edited:
No unfortunately not. But all those weird errors are consistent with a bad CPU. I doubt your power supply is bad.

Between that and the shitty bios issues Ryzen has. I have the Samsung Odyssey too. Had loafs of the same errors until I powered the headset via the GPU USB C connector on my GPU.

The simple answer is Ryzen is a bug fest.

Are you on latest BIOS ?
yeah, I think my psu is okay too, despite its age.

Totally agree about AMD's bios builds, they are long way behind Intel. I've bought a separate powered usb port just for the Odyssey & increased the lighting in the room. Strangely, I have less tracking issues with ACC & Dirt Rally 2 than AC, with AMS2 being the worst of my sim titles (in more ways than one :laugh: ).

MSI have posted another bios, but I'm not sure what changes they've made. There isn't any explanation on their website, and they just deleted the old (my current bios) one. I was going to wait for another fail - I'm wary that AMD will give me more problems to deal with.
2022-09-24_19-19-19.jpg

Loads of W11 related VR complaints. Bit with Ryzen it's always hard to pin a problem down as it is so flakey.

If it's the same working system with only new part being the CPU then I would RMA it to rile that out as the problem.

Also go into device manager and set all your listed USB devices to not allow the computer to turn off to save power.

Latest News

Back