AC GT3@Botniaring, Sunday 31st July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You can try this if you wish, just spent 10 minutes on it, plus a bit more fiddling before I lost the will to live on this circuit.
Same time for all cars, but the Z4 was defiantly the easiest to live with.
i will eventually go for the one that sounds the best.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Ps
if you can get someone else to give you a setup, or your own? I have not spent any effort on this, sorry for repeating myself.
Warning do not lower the rear too much or soften the rear, it will bottom out
if fact if you have any strange sudden oversteer moments, look to rear stiffness and ride height.:)

Attachments

• setup 1.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 33
This is the quickest car so far, that I have driven here, refined the setup a bit more for you, still some rough edges to trim back though. But the time starts to go exponential on setups for me from now on.
So if I pick this car for Sunday, this is my setup.

Attachments

• setup 2.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 53
Congratz Ernie great race . this time i was bit unlucky lost 15sec for an incident with Casper for forcing the line on lap 2 (clutch kick in the right moment i was trying to gain gymkhana points for final result) . even with that im happy at the end this track was good fun and the overtakes a cherry on the cake

Just a nice wedge of luck from beginning to end, first got a good start, then Joel came off when he was getting uncomfortably close.
Then Fulvio and Joel held each other up, decent pit stop helped also, in the end I had a comfortable lead. Any problems in the last 4 laps were taken care by a healthy gap, which again was just plain good luck.

Chuffed,
31C5C1E4-5EBB-42E8-9D34-E5390842190E.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who helped me on my way, well done podiums too.

Look forward to being back in the mid field , chasing and not being chased.:roflmao::roflmao:

Just a nice wedge of luck from beginning to end, first got a good start, then Joel came off when he was getting uncomfortably close.
Then Fulvio and Joel held each other up, decent pit stop helped also, in the end I had a comfortable lead. Any problems in the last 4 laps were taken care by a healthy gap, which again was just plain good luck.

Chuffed,
View attachment 587901

Thanks to everyone who helped me on my way, well done podiums too.

Look forward to being back in the mid field , chasing and not being chased.:roflmao::roflmao:
u still have potential to win more race's well done today on not making any mistake

Nice race yesterday,

went for the mediums in the race, because the softs got really hot after a few laps in practise. But maybe that was not the best choice after all.

Somehow managed to qualify P2. But after the start I soon discovered I had not the pace for a podium finish. @HF2000 was directly all over my mirrors, and in the first stint I saw Han, Joel and Fulvio overtake me.

I had 60 liters of fuel with me, so I had quite a late pitstop. But at the pitstop I messed up, I tried to switch to the softs (don't even know if that's possible during the race) and while fiddling around I missed my pitspot...big fail. Reverse in the pits, it's a big no go I know. But otherwise it was DNF because of the amount of fuel I had left, which was not enough for another lap.

This costed me some time, and I came back behind Robert & Pat. I overtook Robert, but Pat was a bit too far away.

Nice racing :)

Quite a good race from me this time. Qualified 3rd which was kind of a surprise as I expected other cars to be faster here compared to the Nissan. The start went alright but when I ligned up the car for a slipstream/overtake on Gerben just before T12 he braked much earlier than I expected and I hit him. Fortunately he could keep his positions where I went off and lost several places. I was in the way of Pat and so he lost places too. Sorry about that, Pat.
The rest of the stint was very nice with overtakes on a lot of cars. I hope they were all legal. After Fulvio had past me, I was 4th. After the pitstop I was in nomansland for the rest of the race so I finished 4th and seeing my pace that was the maximum result for me.
I like this track, even with the Nissan but I can't explain why.

Congrats to the podium and thanks all for joining.

Next week another track that we haven't done before (as far as I know) that will be more suitable for cars with a high top speed than the Botniaring.
I've done some testlaps and it's very nice driving it with a GT3.

I tried to switch to the softs (don't even know if that's possible during the race)
Yes it can be done. With the arrow keys you can pop up a pitstop menu and select everything for the next pitstop. But selecting everything for a pitstop would have been very hard on this track because you don't have a long straight. It's best to configure before the race the 2nd and maybe 3rd pitstop options so during the race you only have to select one of those which is only a couple of arrow keys clicks.

Yes it can be done. With the arrow keys you can pop up a pitstop menu and select everything for the next pitstop. But selecting everything for a pitstop would have been very hard on this track because you don't have a long straight. It's best to configure before the race the 2nd and maybe 3rd pitstop options so during the race you only have to select one of those which is only a couple of arrow keys clicks.
Ah thanks, I will figure this out, and add some extra buttons for the pitmenu in my StreamDeck.

A completely new track for me and went with the stable Z4 which seemed like a good fit on this track anyway. Did a couple of tries with the 488 and it was very very clear it was not for me on this track for sure. Props for @Gerben Kelly for taming it here. I think I saw you drifting it a couple of times :cool:

During practice it was going quite ok and I tinkered a bit with the setup throughout trying to figure out what to do with both the softs and the mediums. Silly me did not realize Ernie had already posted a much better setup than mine :rolleyes:, I'll try it and see if I can at least reach 1:35s with it.

I went for a first stint on softs to try to keep up a bit with the main pack and it worked for a while and I had Tudor between 2 to 6 secs ahead of me for quite a long time. Then I changed for the mediums which was my most stable setup anyway but had two death defiying crashes on the side wall after T1 twice.(something had never even been close to happening during practice)
That and just being slow and running wide way too many times on T1 lead me to a lonely second half of the race being blue flagged.

It adds up to another lesson and some experience too.

Congrats to @Kek700 of the great win(I may have helped keeping Fulvio at bay a little bit on the first lap)

Thanks for the organizers and all the other participants as well!

Latest News

Back