AC GT3@Botniaring, Sunday 31st July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading north to Finland for some GT3 racing!!

51525133435_81530f0fb0_o.jpg

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Password is the same as every Sunday. If you don't know that, post in the forum below to receive a PM with the password.

Need a warm-up or want to start online/multiclass racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 +1 multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

The Botniaring now measures 2.494 miles (4.014 km) and also has a high speed chicane, which is one of a kind in Finland. As the track was extended the tarmac was renewed on the older section as well, so the whole track is very smooth and in good condition overall.
1658754929921.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 75 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

Event details:
  • Track: Botniaring, Finland
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

This track is perfect for the Z4, I think it is wasted on the Lamborghini. Not sure at present if our Brian is in the Lamborghini, which he is quick in.
I suppose all will become obvious on race day. Have not a clue to the top drivers time here, not exactly an easy circuit, either to learn or race.

PS.
I am in the big old bus, the Nissan, that is at least stable here if not somewhat unwieldy.
But enjoyable to try and change its personality with loads of setup options.:)

It will be really interesting to see what the Aliens can extract from this circuit.

Last edited:
This track is perfect for the Z4, I think it is wasted on the Lamborghini. Not sure at present if our Brian is in the Lamborghini, which he is quick in.
I suppose all will become obvious on race day. Have not a clue to the top drivers time here, not exactly an easy circuit, either to learn or race..
Brian is on holiday so he won't be there. Same goes for Chris and Joel.
So changes for humans to get on the podium!

Ah might give the Z4 a proper go then! Never really meshed with it so far but it could be a fun challenge! Haven't had time to put in any laps on this track so we'll see. Not expecting much. Though last time the usual top split was absent I managed to squeeze out a third position on the Lausitz ring in the 911!

A minor note, I will be replacing the chain and sprockets on my dad's motorcycle on sunday, I suspect everything will go as planned but in case it doesn't I might be a tad bit late.

Gave it a go with the Z4 yesterday, it was super stable but this is one thin flat track with corners after corners after corners. If I end up joining it will be a huge concentration test when overtaking is added.
Have no idea how much off pace I am though.

My pace is p1, whatever that time will be... :laugh:

At first glance the flatness and lack of brake markers turned me off from this track, but between that fast "chicane" and long left hander I think I misjudged it. Looking forward to seeing how it races :thumbsup:

Now all I have to do is not get stuck behind Ernie driving on his rims :rolleyes: :laugh:

Last edited:
You're welcome to follow me during the race Ernie if you need some help ;) :D

Give it a little time though, my first run through the track left me feeling similar, but after reading yours and other comments about the Z4, I took that out and started to find the lines a bit. There actually is some flow to this flat open track :)

Not that it's easy to find with no cars on the track and the lack of brake markers

Last edited:

Latest News

Back