AC GT3 @Black Cat County, Sun 7th August 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. It's holiday season so with fewer drivers an opportunity to try some new tracks. Last week an exciting race on the Botniaring and this week we're going to a fictional but great circuit Black Cat County. Although it's a stock track of AC, we've never raced this one with GT3's.

51525133435_81530f0fb0_o.jpg

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Password is the same as every Sunday. If you don't know that, post in the forum below to receive a PM with the password.

Need a warm-up or want to start online/multiclass racing at a gentler pace? There is a Mazda MX-5 +1 multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

1659337515719.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP RaceDepartment.com - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 75 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

Event details:
  • Track: Black Cat County, U.S.A.
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Well that was a shock, black cat country, I was not going to enjoy that.
How wrong can you be, I absolutely love this circuit, it just flows like a normal race circuit does not.
Gt3 here seems to be at home, that I was not expecting.
:):):):)
I had exactly the same experience, Ernie! I hope your post will convince others to join as well. But even with low numbers I'm going to enjoy driving it for an hour.

Which GT3s could you suggest me?
In general, the car that suits your driving style the best.

To be honest, I only tried it with my Nissan.
But compared to last week (Botniaring) there is a long straight and there are only 3 slow corners so the cars with a high top speed (Lamborghini) probably are more competitive here. I think it will depend how much speed you can take with you in the fast corners. I saw that Ernie has chosen the Lambo so maybe he can confirm this.

it is not a high high speed circuit, I think it got to 165 mph about 265km/hr
I certainly do not have to worry about low wing, unlike le mans.

Got that completely wrong, 175mph or 280km/hr
I had red bull gearing. oop's, I am still running a reasonable amount of wing.
to assist in not being wiped out, easily done here because of the high-speed corners.:confused:

This circuit grows on you, it is a very fast circuit. Did not realize how fast when I practiced Yesterday, used my Red Bull setup, so no messing about with setups.:)
Not much braking, and ABS sorts out the few times the brakes are needed, so that is a bonus for me.
You really feel the speed here, get a great sense of it to, why that is I do not know..
On circuits, it seems to get lost in the expanse of the circuit, that expanse is not lacking here, but the sense of speed is certainly not lacking either, maybe the elevation changes?
:):)
Probably it is now my favourite GT3 circuit, but you do have to hang on, it is more like a “fair ground” ride.
:roflmao:

Last edited:
Anyone have any set up or driving tips that keeps you from literally flying over that one uphill right turn crest :laugh:

This track reminds me of Bathurst a bit, if Bathurst was a 2 lane highway :)

Last edited:
Anyone have any set up or driving tips that keeps you from literally flying over that one uphill right turn crest
Make good use of the barrier:p!

Seriously, make sure that your front wheels are straight on the top.
To do that, I let the car drift a little bit by braking in the turn in.

Personally I have a lot more trouble in the first chicane after start/finish. Dreadful understeer. That is with the Nissan. I tried the McLaren and the Porsche also (for a potential new driver) and in both cars it was a lot easier.

Last edited:
Your not the only one Alfred, there have been a couple time when I got the entry wrong and the car flew for ages in the air. Perhaps we need to warn air traffic control we are racing here.:roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
Sorry for retiring, I put the wrong tyre compound, which made me lose 1s per lap. So despite starting p4, it was impossible for me to have battles tonight because everybody behind was faster in race with their soft tyres. And driving alone for 50 more minutes under this humidity I'm suffering it's hard to bear :roflmao: . Plus I had a spin trying to force this compound. Next time I'll try to be smarter haha
I've enjoyed this track a lot, thanks for organizing this despite the low number of drivers. I hope to see you soon

Last edited:
i didnt expect GODZILLA to be that competitive there but i was wrong. first half was pretty relaxing with sm overtakes ,gaining time etc but in the second part my race started to be very hard with Thomas(btw amazing driving)going really quick i got sm trouble to keep his pace but then i found the heart of GODZILLA prob cuz he miss also the exit on last corner i overtook him and i started to gain little time until the end . 0 inc at the end :D

What a race, shame that there were not more participants. After pole and good start Ernie gave me a hard time as I had to push to keep that little gap alive.
Later on Fulvio was behind me and I had to push again very hard, I could stay in front close and could regain 1st after my pitstop but later made a mistake on the last corners exit so there was no chance against Fulvios Godzilla. Could stay not far behind the last laps but that was it.
Surprised of my pace actually, hope to keep that going the coming races.
Did some more laps after race, could do a 2.08.4 without cheating or railriding.
congrats Fulvio and thx all for racing.
cu next time

As much as I like this circuit, I found the required commitment, probably not helped by the Lamborghini, quite draining.
Well out paced by the two front runner, so congratulations to them both.
It was a race of attrition for me, with Han always waiting for a mistake,.
One of my mistakes caused a red rear tyre, but all in all a good in the end race.
Thought the Lamborghini would have a better straight line advantage, maybe very slightly but not enough to make any difference, certainly not for me.
Probably I just could not develop enough corner speed to take advantage of that.:(?
Shame about the turn out.

Latest News

Back