rF2 GT Revival @ 1960's Spa - Thu 18th Jul 2024

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Oops sorry.
Early starts and late finishes.
Confused myself.

Well, doesn't look as though I'm gonna get a chance to practice and my Premium has run out.
I'll try to find time tomorrow to get myself sorted out.

Oops sorry.
Early starts and late finishes.
Confused myself.

Well, doesn't look as though I'm gonna get a chance to practice and my Premium has run out.
I'll try to find time tomorrow to get myself sorted out.
Oh, and I have no time to practice either.... I'm hoping the track isn't too far off the one in AMS2 :D

Oh, and I have no time to practice either.... I'm hoping the track isn't too far off the one in AMS2 :D

When I tried the track in AMS2, I got a shock!
Because this is the track I got(I might've chosen wrong, it wasn't at home, it was at a sim center):
Spa-Francorchamps1939.png

And this is the track I thought I was going to be driving (that we will be driving tomorrow)
Not the difference at Malmedy and Stavelot! The rest is the same.
Spa-Francorchamps1947-69.png

When I tried the track in AMS2, I got a shock!
Because this is the track I got(I might've chosen wrong, it wasn't at home, it was at a sim center):
Spa-Francorchamps1939.png

And this is the track I thought I was going to be driving (that we will be driving tomorrow)
Not the difference at Malmedy and Stavelot! The rest is the same.
Spa-Francorchamps1947-69.png
I'm fairly certain Daniel runs the layout without the chicane and the hairpin as I remember rear-ending some poor soul that braked for the (non-existent) chicane during practice....

Sorry chaps, but it very much looks like I cant race tonight, while I am on the topic, maybe someone could offer me some advice?

authenticating ..That is my issue. RF2 boots up fine, but then its stuck, its says it is authenticating.
CTRL ALT and DEL is all I can do.

This did happen a couple of days ago, but it fixed itself until today.

I started with Release Candidate, I tried several different versions of RF2 but nope, problem remained, on all versions

Deleted every workshop item, nope that never worked.

I renamed my userdata folder and then carried out a Steam integrity check of the files..never worked

Went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop...three folders there, content had lots of files of course, but I assume they were RF2 default cars.

As a last resort I reinstalled RF2, I did backup a few files in user date folder.

I have run out of things I can do :(:(

I believe it is a Steam issue, but then surely others would experience this?

Any advice would be greatly received, even if it is only an idea.

Last edited:
Sorry chaps, but it very much looks like I cant race tonight, while I am on the topic, maybe someone could offer me some advice?

authenticating ..That is my issue. RF2 boots up fine, but then its stuck, its says it is authenticating.

I started with Release Candidate, I tried several different versions of RF2 but nope, problem remained, on all versions

I renamed my userdata folder and then carried out a Steam integrity check of the files..never worked

Went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop...three folders there, content had lots of files of course, but I assume they were RF2 default cars.

As a last resort I reinstalled RF2, I did backup a few files in user date folder.

I have never encountered my self this authenticating problem. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps I can remember, have you tried disabling the firewall or the antivirus, see if that does anything.

I've never experienced this issue, and I haven't been able to find a potential fix either.
My first thought was some mod that caused issues, but with the uninstall and a check of the workshop folder, that shouldn't really be an issue either. Very weird.

Latest News

Back