AC GT Multiclass @ Riverside - Sunday 6th March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm sorry that I quit but when I was 2nd and having good pace and control I got hit by a GT3 on the straight. He waited for me so there's no problem with the GR but my race was ruined and I couldn't get myself to concentrate enough to keep the car on track. When I spun and Taj became a victim of that, I though I'd better stop before ruining others race too. Better luck next time.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that I quit but when I was 2nd and having good pace and control I got hit by a GT3 on the straight. He waited for me so there's no problem with the GR but my race was ruined and I couldn't get myself to concentrate enough to keep the car on track. When I spun and Taj became a victim of that, I though I'd better stop before ruining others race too. Better luck next time.

No worries Han, happens to the best of us :)

Had a lovely race today, thanks everyone!

Went in without practice and figured that hopefully I'd out-qualify the GT4's. Fortunately that did happen and I opted to run on softs, they do get hot and toasty in the 911 on tracks like this but the long straights and the occasional left hander kept it all alright. Around 30 minutes they all started to go yellow so I went in for a change and refuel, other then that as long as you don't spin it's manageable. Only changed compound and tyres for this race so perhaps I could have gotten some extra time by reducing wings and suspension, save that rear tyre a little more.

Anyway, the race was lovely, had a great start and ended up in 3rd place after Ernie spun out at "Corner Stupid Spins". Plus I had some time before Thomas and Tajinder could get nearby. Tried to find a bit of pace but felt knackered because I'd been in bed all week with COVID(yea it sucks).

Managed to drive a 1:37.7 during the race which was nice, a 37 something was my goal so overall really happy!

Fun track, though perhaps a bit bumpy for the poor GT3's, it ought to be enjoyed with Pressario's Porknose if you want to fully experience the insanity of the corners ;)

Every time I did a setup change and set off for my fist lap I would spin on that corner, every consecutive lap okay ? Why??
Was not going to fall for that one so got ready for first corner, got an amazing start, kept looking in disbelief at the mirror, I normally lose at least two or three places in the first corner, there I was with a big gap.
Forgot to concentrate on the corner, around in slow motion it went, taking out Patrick into the bargain, bet Brian could not believe his luck.
Finished where I expected to, cannot complain, and a special well done to Brian, the lad keeps beating me.
The Rotter.
377AAD99-F352-49C8-9CC5-E1416DB9FCBF.jpeg
Well done podiums and a Thankyou to a very helpful Mazda brigade.

Sorry Patrick.

That T6 corner was tricky alright Ernie! I found towards the end coasting through in third and existing in second made it a bit safer.

Nice to get the win, surprising as I didn't have the pace for a podium here. I got all the luck at the start with all 3 cars ahead having issues. I was under alot of pressure from thomas behind for the early race, unfortunately he hit some sand coming up to 25 minutes in and never got to try the undercut. Overtaking the lambo was looking unlikely for him unless I had an off, but he certainly had maybe a half second of lap time over me.

Final bit of luck was catching all the gt4 at good times. Well done @Kek700 closing that massive gap down to 3 seconds. No major mistakes, which i was happy with, got me over the line!

Thanks to all for racing. Congrats to martin for the GT4 win and the podiums. See yous at the next one.

Practice went well with competitive times, qualifying was frustrating and couldn’t get a clean lap. So P14 but a good start, some consistently and with the racing gods on my side for a change, I managed P10 overall behind Martin and 2nd in class.
Well done to Brian and Martin for the wins and thanks to Brian for setting this up.

Great race guys.

I had a tough quali but benefited from I think Mark having difficulties through the esses on the first lap and found myself running directly behind Robert and Paul as, I believe, the fifth Ginetta. At this stage the three of us seemed really close on pace but after around 20 mins Robert put a wheel in the sand and I managed to get alongside. Into the final corner Robert sportingly conceded the corner but as I crossed the start line Paul had the breathing space he needed to relax into the race and hence that was the last I saw of you Paul!

For the next 10 mins I had Robert right behind me keeping the pressure on but thankfully he dropped back a little after I assume another small mistake (this track punishes them!). With Han having dropped behind, after contact with a GT3, it was enough for me to steal the last podium spot in the GT4 class, phew!

As always well done to all the podiums and to Brian for organising, thanks.

Last edited:
You are correct Richard, I took a trip to the beach once or twice :laugh: I also saw a whale out of water lambo(?) stuck on a sand dune while I was there too :O_o:

Good fun today everyone. First race for me in a week or two, had to shake some cobwebs off.

Had a decent quali, ended up .001 ahead of Paul :confused:, good start, then held it together for a while, but the consistency wasn't there for me today. I figured this was going to the be the case (not much practice) but I was just happy to be here not sliding in my chair every time I touched the brake :)

Congrats winners and finishers :thumbsup: and thanks as always for putting these races together Brian

Latest News

Back