AC GT Multiclass @ Lausitzring GP - Sunday 21st November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Not a whole lot of action to report from me.. The 3 cars ahead were over a second faster and it just became a practice session after some early battles with @Fiberoptix and @FabianoRL.

First race using VR for me in a long time. It was a nice one to get back into it. I had zero interest in putting on the headset after suffering with the bad combination of a concussion and ear infection since the summer. Both seemed to have fully cleared up now and i felt fine bouncing around the track last night :)

Thanks to all who raced last night, see ye on the next one!
Probably I wouldn't call that a battle... Looked more like a hunt... lol

I watched the replay. You used a different (illegal) pit entry that probably was a few seconds faster! It doesn't matter, you would have caught me anyway. Your pace was a few tenths per lap better and you were also more consistent.
But we missed a battle for first now.
He He,
that explains why I had to drive through a lot of cones, “ weird I thought “.
Never done a pit entry here before.

Haven't raced here for ages but as my usual Sunday league had problems this evening I thought I'd take advantage of the membership discount and sign up for this.

Reading up on it, I think Lauzitzring was built rather cheaply on an old open cast mining site which would explain the bumps. I always enjoy racing there even if it gives me and my old G25 a good workout.

I've never raced the AMG before so just threw together a quick setup and hoped for the best. Managed to get a decent lap in quali which put me P2 and was going to do a no stop with mediums but then noticed it was a mandatory pitstop and had to rethink. After my usual slow start off the line I took a bump in T1 but fortunately escaped without damage and set about chasing the leaders. I eventually managed to catch Casper but never really had an opportunity to pass as he was so quick off the corners in the 911. Decided to pit earlyish and go for the undercut which eventually put me in behind Casper but ahead of Paul by a few seconds but who began to reel me in. I messed up in the last section, cutting the track so decided to give the place up and see if I could follow and force a mistake or take advantage of traffic, but I ended up making a couple of errors myself which lost me time.

I like multiclass races as they just add another dimension and make things less predictable. I'm tied up for most Sundays and Wednesdays for a while now but I'll pop in when I can. Thanks all.

That was some great driving Tudor, I noticed that I could get away from you at most corner exits and figured that as long as I kept you from having a good line I could maintain 2nd!

Honestly, my one stop strategy also looked more positive during the race, I hoped you and Paul would end up close together and slowing each other down whilst I would cruise down to the finish line in 1st on garbage tires ;)

Thanks for having me out yesterday. Embarrasingly I had to run at the last minute before the race. I wasn't racing, but I was running that evening :(
Hopefully I'll be ok for the next race. Thanks everyone, and congrats to everyone's performance.

That was more eventful than I had hoped for. After qualifying 4th I, naively, thought I would have a good battle with @Casper de Wit as our quali times were closely. My start was better than expected and we were 3 wide into T1. I should have backed out earlier but unfortunately I tagged @Shed 17, which I suspect triggered the T1 mayhem. I saw Logan was also off at T1, so conscious of the golden rule I waited for him so we could at least race each other.

We were making our way through the GT4 field when I ran slightly wide and fell into a sinkhole in the track (see Brian's pic above). After a few minutes of being very confused I decided to quit and restart from the pits. I spent the rest of the race gradually unlapping myslelf from the GT4 cars, while trying to cause as little disurtion as possible.

It wasn't the race I had hoped for. Partly my own doing (T1) and partly bad luck (sinkhole) but it was fun and good practice trying to pass the GT4 cars well.

Normally I am reporting from the back of the GT3 grid but with so many of the usual top ten guys missing I found myself at the pointy end for a change.:)
I only had one real clean run in qualifying but managed to beat Tudor to take pole position with Casper in third.
A poor start from me and a blindingly fast one from Casper in the 911 had me in second turning into T1. There was some action going on behind and I was lucky to survive contact from Dave in the 650s. I settled in behind Casper with the plan to try to preserve my soft tyres for as long as possible but an opportunity to pass the 911 came as early as lap two and I retook the lead with a move into T1.
Later on I could see that Tudor had pitted early and was gaining on us so Casper and me then pitted at the same time but he went for a quick fuel stop and made up 30 seconds. As I left the pits Tudor in the AMG went past and got the undercut leaving me in third.
But on fresher tyres I had a more pace and eventually got past the AMG in the last twisty section and set off after Casper.
With 15 minutes to go I was gaining on the 911 and as I got closer I could see that Casper was struggling for grip as the well worn softs gave up.
So with a pole position, three overtakes, some good battles and a first overall win, I had for me, my best ever performance and great fun along the way.:D:D. The bumpy track was a challenge but Brian's picture of Dave seem to show that Dave found some quicksand as well!;)
Many thanks to Brian for settling up the race and thanks to the GT4 drivers who made life a whole lot easier with clean passing. :thumbsup:
Congratulations Paul on the first win! When I lost connection we collided, you were just pulling past me on the first straight, I spun out as if you clipped my rear and you dissapeared. Was clearly a drop my end but I hoped it hadn't actually been a collision for you too. Not sure if from your perspective I just dissapeared...

PS
Forgot to say well done Paul on your win, well deserved too.

1EA55A94-3B8F-4C67-B1B7-18E0DA5B03AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Congratulations Paul on the first win! When I lost connection we collided, you were just pulling past me on the first straight, I spun out as if you clipped my rear and you dissapeared. Was clearly a drop my end but I hoped it hadn't actually been a collision for you too. Not sure if from your perspective I just dissapeared...
Thanks Tim, I didn't feel any contact and the replay shows we were well clear of each other when I made the pass. All I saw was when I got alongside, you seemed to levitate over the wall behind the fence! Nice trick :D but a shame for your race as you really have got the Maserati working well. That's the same section of track where Dave went potholing so maybe something wrong with the mesh/barriers??

Screenshot_ks_mercedes_amg_gt3_tmm_lausitzring_22-10-121-18-48-41.jpg

Screenshot_gt3_tmm_lausitzring_22-10-121-18-30-2.jpg

Thanks Tim, I didn't feel any contact and the replay shows we were well clear of each other when I made the pass. All I saw was when I got alongside, you seemed to levitate over the wall behind the fence! Nice trick :D but a shame for your race as you really have got the Maserati working well. That's the same section of track where Dave went potholing so maybe something wrong with the mesh/barriers??

View attachment 519512

View attachment 519510
Damn bro! What res is your monitor?

View attachment 519512

View attachment 519510
I think it was just a connection drop my end, not the track for me. I am in a village at the furthest end of a pair of twisted pair copper cabling from the cabinet. No FTTP here or fancy comms links.. :(

In addition my ISP appears to make upstream routing changes from time to time, likely to deal with load contention/distribution so I get temporary connection drops. This has happened to me before during RD events, everybody disappears from real time and I am alone on track for a while. I have to quit at this point as I risk being teleported back into the race when it re-establishes and quite literally can just suddenly appear anywhere which is not ideal for other drivers.

Latest News

Back